Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:18 PM
Default Tool to create CAS collections
Sorry if this is really noobish, but I have only just started getting into custom content. Love Modthesims site!!

I've been searching for the past few days for a utility program that will allow me to go into my downloads folder, click on the files I want, assign them a collection name, and have them appear in CAS next time I start the game. Does such a utility exist? I've found bunches of recoloring and modding tools, but nothing that seems to do what I am looking for. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:34 PM
You can do that using SimPE foundhere but that is fairly advanced modding for a beginner with Sims 2. JFade also did a program called the Sims 2 Collection Creator which you can find here . I won't say it is easy to use but having used both the Wardrobe Wrangler and the Compressorizer it is relatively simple. JFades program should have directions included in the RTFM in the .zip file, and you should be able to find a tutorial making collection files in SimPE somewhere here at MTS. Also you might want to check out sites like Sims in Paris or creators here at MTS like Maylin, Hek, and Adele because they usually will include collection files with their content in the files for the sets you download. Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:12 PM
I actually had seen jfade's utilities, but thought as I was reading through the entire thread of the collection creator that it didn't work with clothing collections and CAS. Maybe I misread something. Wardrobe Wrangler just looked more like a recoloring tool, but again I didn't look too deeply at the program. I'll give these a closer look and see if they will do the trick. Thanks for the quick response!
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:42 PM
It does not work with clothing collections and CAS; jfade explicitly states (in multiple places) that their tool only works with objects. Having used the tool, I see no options for CAS collections. This WCIF was never solved, and I'd also love a solution.

I've actually never seen a CAS collection file handled out-of-game in all my years of simming, so I guess the real question is: is it even possible for a tool to do this? Is there something about CAS collections that makes them harder for outside programs work with?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:48 PM
CAS collections are only useful and only show up in CAS, so perhaps there isn't too much use for it.

There was a project going on with assigning custom icons to clothing (similar to EP icons), useful for bodyshapes and such. Possibly still being worked on at BAS (adult site, so no link).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:27 AM
At Soureforge there is a SimPE plugin to create TS2 collections (even CAS collections) : https://sourceforge.net/projects/si.../?source=navbar