Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 3:42 AM Last edited by alizesims : 6th Oct 2011 at 7:44 AM.
Default Why can't I get my camera routing to work...
I having problems with camera routing with the yellow routing tool. I am trying to stop camera from going into the water boundaries. However, I have not been able to do unless i used the distance objected. I thought you could do it without that. I read somewhere it has to be done with the mountian has a back drop, but that is not working etheir. I really would like to have a flat world like the old pleasantville world in sims 2... can someone please help me with this...
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:09 AM
Have you tested your world in actual game? The camera routing doesn't effect EIG I think. Also, it stops the camera at some point, but you still can rotate the view and zoom out, so the actual distance you can see/hover is more than where the camera routing line goes.

If you have a picture of your world and the camera route paint in it, post one, it can help to see what the problem is if there is one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 7:45 AM Last edited by alizesims : 6th Oct 2011 at 9:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Have you tested your world in actual game? The camera routing doesn't effect EIG I think. Also, it stops the camera at some point, but you still can rotate the view and zoom out, so the actual distance you can see/hover is more than where the camera routing line goes.

If you have a picture of your world and the camera route paint in it, post one, it can help to see what the problem is if there is one.

Here is a picture of my work
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:10 PM
alizesims, would it be possible to upload a slightly larger image, and one that shows an overview of the world? It is difficult to see your routing paint on that image.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:23 PM
My general rule of thumb for camera non routing is 1 1/2 - 2 Chunk Boundaries filled with camera non routing, accompanied with hills in the same area to block the view.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:37 PM Last edited by alizesims : 11th Oct 2011 at 7:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
alizesims, would it be possible to upload a slightly larger image, and one that shows an overview of the world? It is difficult to see your routing paint on that image.

I tried to make it big.. but mod will only let you use that size.... sorry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
My general rule of thumb for camera non routing is 1 1/2 - 2 Chunk Boundaries filled with camera non routing, accompanied with hills in the same area to block the view.

Are you using the large map when you do this. the with the small map you only have 4 boundaries.. and with the meduim you only have 8..... is there a youtube video that show how to do it.. if not can someone do it...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 11:46 PM
Yes, the large map is the only one it works on. There's not enough room on smaller maps.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alizesims
I tried to make it big.. but mod will only let you use that size.... sorry

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=330419