Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default Where can I find black recolours of... Everything.
I'm an edgy teen who is having difficulty in going through the phase. Every time I design a house, I always plan to make a modern house and end up making a gothic house because of my bizarre teenage personality. I always look for black recolours here on MTS but I always find nothing. Thank you for having time to read my irritating posts. It would be a huge help if you have an idea where I (or potentially other people who are looking for the same thing) can find what I seek. Thanks.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:05 PM
You’re going to have to be more specific about what you are looking for. Are you looking for recolours of certain Maxis objects?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:29 PM
https://an-nas.livejournal.com/ has a lot of black and white recolors of EAxis furniture (she usually adds in black options for her recolor sets, but they don't always show in the preview)

You can also find several furniture recolors (including black) by going to the Download section here on MTS and clicking the "buy mode" filter.

Michelle here on MTS has a lot of furniture recolor sets, a lot of them with a black option: http://www.modthesims.info/m/2668015
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 12:04 AM
Jeez, I feel like I say this with almost every reply I make in the WCIF forum, but have you tried Garden of Shadows? They're a bit more focused on the punk/grunge/goth subcultures (although the last few years there's a bit more variety). At the very least the very friendly members there will be more likely a goth too.
For object colors, lots of people recolor objects in palettes and most have a black in them, Shasta's Yeti Palet, Shasta's Goat's Wood Pirate Woods (has a black wood), Poppet's Palettes, Anna's, Pooklet's Naturals, Lua's, Michelle's Lack, Michelle's Woods, CuriousB AnyColorYouLike, StrangeTomato's, to name a few, all have a black in them. Some of these are frequently used for clothes too. Some people recolor objects, accessories and clothes in a batch of colors and you'll have more succes finding black stuff that way than looking for black clothing specifically. All you have to do is download the file and pick out the black recolor from the bunch.
Aside from that, you'll have to be more specific - what kind of furniture? Dramatic and theatrical, sleek and modern, prints, plain, metal legs, grungy? Need more leather clothes? Band T-shirts? Jeans, racer back tank tops, sweaters, formal wear?
Lastly, you can fairly easily make black recolors yourself - follow a tutorial for what you want to recolor (objects, accessories, clothing) and for the texture just desaturate and darken an existing texture. Just don't make them too dark as it'll look bad in-game.