Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11276 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
This is an interesting tidbit. Apparently, if you have a spa-bath on the second floor, it extends downwards. While annoying, it's nice to see that the developer spent the extra time adding in pumps and stuff below it.

Do you mean the store content Spa? Or the latenight hot tubs?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11277 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:08 PM
Maybe it's just been a long time since I played as a firefigther Sim but I don't remember ever having an emergency with angry gnomes. I thought that was funny and liked the music it played during the emergency.
Scholar
#11278 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
Maybe it's just been a long time since I played as a firefigther Sim but I don't remember ever having an emergency with angry gnomes. I thought that was funny and liked the music it played during the emergency.

The gnomes are very similar to the weeping angels from Dr. Who. So I'm not surprised. Don't blink
Field Researcher
#11279 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:14 PM
There is a celebrity-specific woohoo wish that's worth 50 happiness points more than the default sim-specific woohoo wish. Plus, a sim can have them both at the same time.

Also, apparently sims can have four consecutive wishes pertaining to woohooing at a time.. (don't know what this says about my sim but..)
Screenshots
Theorist
#11280 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:45 PM
Default Skin change? Is it the same person? Oh, yes..
Logan is engaged (now married) to Nellie. He snapped the first (left) photo a few days ago at their date. The second after she aged up and he invited her over. I kept wondering why she looked different.

I suppose something happened on aging up because she's much lighter...I was annoyed as I preferred how she looked as a young adult.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#11281 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:55 PM
This is an interesting tidbit. Apparently, if you have a spa-bath on the second floor, it extends downwards. While annoying, it's nice to see that the developer spent the extra time adding in pumps and stuff below it.

Yes, I believe your hottub will by default occupy an area of the floor below with all that plumbing that you have displayed. But I think it is possible, with moveobejcts on, to delete the lower plumbing fixtures with no negative consequences whatsoever. The hottub will work as normal, and the area below can be liberated. That means, transparency between the floors, and in no way will the tub disturb any passage on the floor below and this area will be available for whatever.
Field Researcher
#11282 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:50 AM
I discovered yet another wish I have never seen before. This was a wish of a child sim-

Makes me wanna say 'Aww' with a sympathetic frown on my face..

C'mon. All he wants is a little attention from dad (Even though his dad is an alien who does not live in Isla Paradiso )
Screenshots
Site Helper
#11283 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Do you mean the store content Spa? Or the latenight hot tubs?

Both kinds have the added plumbing. (Or at least the Store spa you could get from playing while online to earn unlockables has it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#11284 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 1:51 AM
That Isle Paradiso is plagued with horrendous lag spikes from hell. Moving to a new town it is! I like not looking at a stop and go motion picture.
Field Researcher
#11285 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

Why is this a thing? And why does this skeleton look like he / she is smiling? Ewww!

Skeletons is an World Adventure tomb object. I have never seen them outside of tombs though. As for it smiling... well skeletons always smile because there's no muscles or skin to make a frown. Just teeth.
Alchemist
#11286 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
Skeletons is an World Adventure tomb object. I have never seen them outside of tombs though. As for it smiling... well skeletons always smile because there's no muscles or skin to make a frown. Just teeth.

It's also on that fishing lot in Al Simhara, under the sunken ship

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#11287 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:54 PM
Aww, I think Skelly is kinda cute and also a good Halloween/Spooky day decoration piece. Or Murder Dungeon decoration, whichever way the mood takes you :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11288 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:24 AM
It's a weird object, though. Once you've placed it you can only move or remove it with moveobjects on as it will be considered an "object in use".
Field Researcher
#11289 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
It's a weird object, though. Once you've placed it you can only move or remove it with moveobjects on as it will be considered an "object in use".

It can also be removed via the tomb making cheat "remove object". I do believe that require Testing Cheats to be enabled however. It's strange that it gives an "in use" error though. I believe plates and newspaper gives a similar error if just try to just delete them. I guess "in use" in that case means that the game is using it.
Forum Resident
#11290 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:32 AM
You can transfer items to one Sim to the other much easier (So transfer a piece of ration food on vacation right? Well click on one Sim's inventory and pick it up, find another Sim in the household, whether they are halfway across the hood or not, and hover it over the Sim, they light up and when you let go, the Sim retrieves the item, which makes transferring items much easier, especially if they are in the tomb on vacation (Which is how I found out, because two Sims were in the tomb and one was getting hungry, couldn't place the food on the ground for the other sim to get, and accidentally hovered it over the other sim to see that he could still get it.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Top Secret Researcher
#11291 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:50 AM
I have the Grimm's Ghastly Manor, and my sim went for a visit. Just a social call.
Grim jumped him at the door. I mean, not just a fight, but tackled him and took him off the front poach.
My sim was dead. Urn and ghost and everything.
Lucky thing he had a death flower. I mean, sure, he has an emergency back up plumbot who can whip up a batch of Ambrosia but I was surprised to see another way to die.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#11292 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Logan is engaged (now married) to Nellie. He snapped the first (left) photo a few days ago at their date. The second after she aged up and he invited her over. I kept wondering why she looked different.

I suppose something happened on aging up because she's much lighter...I was annoyed as I preferred how she looked as a young adult.

What's the name of the skin on the sim that you were using? I hope that you got that problem sorted out.
Forum Resident
#11293 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:08 AM
Because of this very thread, I learned about the Time Machine Children, I have woohooed there before, but had no idea you could get past or future children coming back in different types of clothes. I made her do it with one of those Glover Sims that are premade into the library. Didn't know if it would always worked, so ended up with two YA children from the past with red hair, and two elders from the future haha, made them move out as they were invading my primary legacy sim haha (Actually their mother, a vampire, and all they were, isn't even the legacy sim, she just happened to move in, the actual legacy sim is yet related to her.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Mad Poster
#11294 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:52 AM
Having twins absolutely sucks. The family I'm playing just had twins, and the stupid parents keep trying to change/feed/play with the same baby instead of one taking care of one baby and the other taking care of the other baby. God I wish there was a Sims 3 version of no baby/toddler swarming.
Mad Poster
#11295 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Having twins absolutely sucks. The family I'm playing just had twins, and the stupid parents keep trying to change/feed/play with the same baby instead of one taking care of one baby and the other taking care of the other baby. God I wish there was a Sims 3 version of no baby/toddler swarming.

Parents to the second child, when they are old enough to ask why this was always the case:
"No junior, having twins does not suck. We just never really liked you!"
Mad Poster
#11296 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:54 AM
Unfortunately that may be true. The parents both had wants to have a baby and have a boy. When the mom gave birth I got the usual pop-up that the pregnacy went well and let me choose the name and both traits for the boy. I was surprised when I got a second pop-up to name and choose traits for a girl. I had no indication until that second pop-up that she was pregnant with boy/girl twins. Its now the girl they keep wanting to play/feed/change at the same time and they ignore the boy. I usually have to make one take care of the boy instead of foot stomping because they can't get to the girl since the other parent is already taking care of her and "is in the way."
Mad Poster
#11297 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:16 AM
Unless advanced science or magic are involved, the number of sims born is not determined until birth. Unlike with real people, sims do not know that they are carrying twins or more because they really aren't. They are only carrying a probability of multiple births that can change with LTRs and what they do during their pregnancy (listen to kids music, for example). That's also why if, at the time of birth, there is only room for one more sim in the household before it's full, there will never be twins.

My sister had twins of different gender and the boy, my nephew, grew up in a household full of girls. We used to tease him with the "no one liked you or expected you to show up" stuff like this all the time. Of course we were only kidding and he knew that. At least, I hope he did. He's almost 18 now, so if there were going to be a time to plot his revenge on the rest of the family, that would probably be happening pretty soon.
Site Helper
#11298 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 3:40 PM
Dig holes are also an alternative to dive wells for a rapid transit system, which would explain why people might want to have them. Although it doesn't explain why they are harder to delete than a dive well.

Did you try Debug Enabler to delete them? I know I remember getting rid of several holes on my lot somehow after I discovered that you could name the hole and not have to rely on randomness to get you back to the lot with the hole you want.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Top Secret Researcher
#11299 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:27 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 14th Aug 2018 at 10:42 PM.
My sim had both the 75 hour cardio and 60 hour strength achievements. He now never becomes exhausted when braking boards on the sim-fu board breaker.
The strength achievement is necessary, he got tired when he just had the cardio achievement. Not sure if you need both or just the strength.

Edit: Today I learned that if you put a fish in a fish bowl in the Oasis Landing Community Center (ITF Home base) that you never have to feed the fish. In fact, you can't, which means you can't overfeed it either.

Ponder: You can keep a fish in your pocket or in a cabinet forever, but once you put it in a fish bowl, it eventually dies. Does that seem right to you?

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#11300 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 2:11 AM
Considering that sims also keep wet mops and generic fish lures in their pocket, keeping the fish alive indefinitely in the pocket didn't surprise me as much as the ones that were able to be picked up off the floor in the attic after 3 years and put into a bowl.

Although maybe all fish in the Sims are related to walking catfish?

Page 452 of 490