Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#11326 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 4:15 PM
I used the Philospher's stone to bind a ghost. Fine! Got a ghost in my household. Then I used a genie lamp to bring her back to life. BOOM!! She's alive, but not in my household anymore.
Does that seem right to you? I didn't know that would happen. I expected she would stay in my household, like other ghost sims.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#11327 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:43 PM
I didn't know that it was possible, but I just noticed that one of my sim's sons got the skin color from his grandfather!
I'm very fascinated, haha.
Mad Poster
#11328 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:38 AM
Fridges snap to the sides of counters.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#11329 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:05 PM
Bonehilda (supernatural) taught my dog the trick 'Play Dead', normally all she is good for is comedy relief, like mixing herself a drink, then having to mop up the puddle.
Top Secret Researcher
#11330 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 4th Oct 2018 at 9:20 PM.
I always thought the Major Master, where you complete 3 degrees, was not much "bang for the buck"; 6 weeks of game play for 40,000 LTW points.
Au contraire, mon frère! (yes, i know, to be used ironically and I'm not your brother... but still)
The dream tree for this LTW is epic! You get more in the dream tree on the third degree than you get for the LTW itself!!

Edit: Also while my sim has caught fire many times at the inventing bench, I've never seen the bench itself catch fire. That's new to me.

Edit: I'm using NRAAS SP in the home world. I need to make settings for University, Future and vacation worlds, otherwise strange things happen like the university students start having children.

Edit again: I've been playing for years and I've never seen this... a Zombie spawned right outside my sims house. It's early afternoon, and no full moon. Also, I can't edit sim with either NRAAS MC or testing cheats and shift click. My game is corrupt, isn't it?

Edit once more cuz no double post: Ever have this happen to your sim? Talking to a sim on the phone, and she shows up where you're at... NOT talking on the phone. My sim must be talking to an automatic chat bot or something.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#11331 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:42 PM
Yeah, I've had sims show up while they were supposedly on the phone, too. I just say that the other sim decided to see how long it would take your sim to notice that the voice on the phone is now coming from behind them...

(Although I still can't figure out how my sim manages to start woohoo with a romantic interest, and suddenly in the middle of it there is a pop-up that the sim who is being woohooed has gotten engaged to someone else. My best idea involves an accidental press of the answer button instead of the mute button and the caller misunderstands the "YES! YES! YES!" they are hearing when they propose over the phone. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#11332 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:22 AM
My couple just had an anniversary. Didn't know that was a thing. Is there anything special I can do?
Meanwhile, my neurotic foster son kissed his gf and immediately wanted to brush his teeth three times :p
Also, the sim supposedly-but-not-actually talking to your sim on the phone.. I love stalking them while they're doing other things. Same with your prom date doing their homework at the gym while somehow simultaneously fetching drinks and doing chicken dances over at the prom. I guess there's a secret clone infestation...

omnis mundi creatura
Top Secret Researcher
#11333 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:31 PM
I made sims that to me, were Major Tony Nelson and Jeanie from the old "I Dream of Jeanie" television sit com. I gave them what I thought to be their character's personality traits.
Well, NRAAS SP is too smart for that! It didn't take long for the playful Jeanie and the proper Major Nelson to split up. I thought about it for a minute, and yeah, that would be right. The show was funny because they were not compatible.
Instead of going to become an Astronaut, I found Maj. Nelson at the consignment as the clerk. That was Lawrence Fletcher's job.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#11334 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:40 PM
I found out that if there's some pop music or whatever playing on a jukebox in a diner, my sims will sit and bop to the music in between bites and conversation.

It's pretty hilarious when my grumpy sims do it.

"Oh, not so grumpy, ARE we?"

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#11335 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Instead of going to become an Astronaut, I found Maj. Nelson at the consignment as the clerk. That was Lawrence Fletcher's job.

I'm almost positive Dr. Bellows must have had a hand in this somehow, even if he doesn't have a presence in your game.
Mad Poster
#11336 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:47 PM
Today I discovered that Sims can get "naughty" reputations....for apparently cheating on dead partners. One of my sims is in a new romantic relationship after his girlfriend died. And as soon as he kissed his new lover, I get hit with a "Kayden has a naughty reputation" pop-up.

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#11337 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:06 PM
Pets in Sims 3 just blows away Pets in Sims 2 (no bashing, I like both versions of The Sims). I just like how more expressive and how the pets do more in Sims 3. My new family I recreated from Sims 2 has a border collie and a pointer and I love how they interact with the Sim. Hugging my dog in real life is something I do a lot!

I've been playing Sims 2 more the last few months so I'm impressed again with the improvements in Pets.

I keep getting lots of new things to do in Sims 3 that only come as you acquire and play new eps. I still have more to experience even though making families is a long and involved process on my laptop. Body shop runs so slow...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11338 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
(...)

Edit again: I've been playing for years and I've never seen this... a Zombie spawned right outside my sims house. It's early afternoon, and no full moon. Also, I can't edit sim with either NRAAS MC or testing cheats and shift click. My game is corrupt, isn't it?

(...)
If you mean the zombie then that's normal, because you can't edit a transformed Sim. They should be editable again once they're de-zombified.

Also the zombie spawning during the day on a day that is not a full moon might have an easy, if longish explanation: The Sim you show is a magician and the game sends (inactive) performers to perform for tips around the neighbourhood on a random basis. This command cannot be cancelled and so they'll perform until they hit the exhausted level and all other commands will remain in the queue until they stop performing. So my guess is that they were sent to perform on the previous day (which was a full moon) and then also got randomly selected during the full moon for zombification, but as they were also performing the zombification couldn't be triggered until they became exhausted which seems to have only happened on the following day.
Inactive Sims can perform for quite a long time (longer than usual) if they happen to do this in a location that is far away from your active screen, which sends them into low detail mode. Low detail mode doesn't calculate motive decay for Sims the same way as high detail mode does for active Sims.
Forum Resident
#11339 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 12:45 AM
I didn't know where else to post this... you know those "online vs. in person" comparison pictures? That's pretty much what happens whenever I download a custom Sim from here or TSR and then see them in my game.
Lab Assistant
#11340 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I didn't know where else to post this... you know those "online vs. in person" comparison pictures? That's pretty much what happens whenever I download a custom Sim from here or TSR and then see them in my game.

Downloading custom sims can be an unpleasant experience in general, you either get a sim with no links to the CC used or the links are all dead, or worse the CC has been merged into the sim file, which leaves you with a sim full of broken and/or bad CC.
Scholar
#11341 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 1:53 AM

You can also thank photoshop if you're downloading from simblrs. I've found if you just get good skins and hair and know your way around CAS you can do some pretty awesome makeovers with townies. Also unless you do a lot of editing and personalization with downloaded sims, they come with the style of whoever made them and that can look kind of odd if you try and fill a town with them.
Top Secret Researcher
#11342 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
If you mean the zombie then that's normal, because you can't edit a transformed Sim. They should be editable again once they're de-zombified.

Also the zombie spawning during the day on a day that is not a full moon might have an easy, if longish explanation: The Sim you show is a magician and the game sends (inactive) performers to perform for tips around the neighbourhood on a random basis. This command cannot be cancelled and so they'll perform until they hit the exhausted level and all other commands will remain in the queue until they stop performing. So my guess is that they were sent to perform on the previous day (which was a full moon) and then also got randomly selected during the full moon for zombification, but as they were also performing the zombification couldn't be triggered until they became exhausted which seems to have only happened on the following day.
Inactive Sims can perform for quite a long time (longer than usual) if they happen to do this in a location that is far away from your active screen, which sends them into low detail mode. Low detail mode doesn't calculate motive decay for Sims the same way as high detail mode does for active Sims.

How didja get so smart ?! That explains everything.
I just thought the game was corrupt, so I shut it down and went to a prior saved and hoped for the best.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#11343 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:04 PM

I only ever use downloaded sims as a working base to create sims from, to prevent puddingfaceitis, because if you don't have all the right CC and sliders as the creators, the sim on the website, or even the game thumbnail, never looks the same.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Lab Assistant
#11344 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't know if this is native to the game or the result of a mod, but...

Nraas Story Progression, I think

Not sure which, But I added both MC and SP mods recently and have been seeing detailed textwalls like that since.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Top Secret Researcher
#11345 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:43 PM

All of my bullies resigned. I got a message stating that Jonah Sludge was no longer able to fulfill his duties as leader Town Thug and had been forced to resign. His brother, Peter, was next on the proverbial chopping block. About a half hour later, Charlotte is no longer the head bitch ( bitch is not the game term. It is what I like to call it...) and Lisa DiPerna is no longer the number one brat.

My plans for Jonah were foiled for his being a jackass, or lack of being a jackass. I was looking forward to almost everybody in town kicking his butt all over the place at least once. I might go along with my plan anyway after he stole $300.00 from Regina yesterday.

That's NRAAS Story Progression.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11346 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM.

The entire town personalities feature is created and managed by NRaas StoryProgression. These slots and the antics they get up to do not exist in an unmodded game. The notification summary is of course from SP as well, those can be switched off if the player prefers to not get the walls of text.

One thing that will trigger the forced resignation of SP Personality leaders, clan members, and others so designated is switching into these households as actives even if the game clock is paused. None of them are meant to be relevant to or allowed for on the current actively played household. Or, also possible, the town's storyline just went in a different direction.
Test Subject
#11347 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 9:13 AM
Just a glitch. I downloaded a couple days back. Wasn't today exactly. But I thought to share it now.
Scholar
#11348 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 7:33 AM
I discovered that sim school is merciless. I had a single teen in a new save. On Monday she went to school when around 1pm a meteor hit the building. All children and teens had to finish their classes (one even had to finish detention) before they were "allowed" to die.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#11349 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 5:07 PM
I've played with so many glitched up mods for so long, and then I took them out.
My sim was converting apples into useful stuff and suddenly the "Convert" spell didn't show up. I immediately thought my game had become corrupt. Nope. He ran out of magic, and the game was working right instead of being broken and allowing the convert spell to keep on working.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11350 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
I discovered that sim school is merciless. I had a single teen in a new save. On Monday she went to school when around 1pm a meteor hit the building. All children and teens had to finish their classes (one even had to finish detention) before they were "allowed" to die.

LOL, I have to wonder if the school district sets those strict rules or if they are really set by Grimmy or a collaboration between the two. He does have some pretty high standards, you know. I'm surprised there isn't an entrance exam sims have to pass before he will consider taking them.
Page 454 of 490