Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:42 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 9th Feb 2018 at 12:41 AM.
Morning everyone..

I am just getting up have an appointment this morning but should try and get things working this afternoon.. I have a little bit of time to go figure out Fraps..I love that program..it takes a whole lot better pictures than I do..I am really bad at taking pictures..all the tutorials in the world hasn't helped me with my picture taking lol

I use Photoshop to change the bmp's to jpegs..

I just remembered something..now when I click on Fraps those numbers come up on my computer screen but they don't show up in my game..not anymore..and when I click on the F10 and go looking for the pictures they are not there..

I might get Suzanne our Tech Guru over at CherryBlossom Sims to help me out this evening on Skype..she should know how to do this..I hope

Thank you all for your help.. :lovestruc

EDIT: since I can't double post..

I just realized don't you have to have certain doors for a business..I think I just have regular doors..and those won't work will they?????
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
Morning everyone..

I am just getting up have an appointment this morning but should try and get things working this afternoon.. I have a little bit of time to go figure out Fraps..I love that program..it takes a whole lot better pictures than I do..I am really bad at taking pictures..all the tutorials in the world hasn't helped me with my picture taking lol

I use Photoshop to change the bmp's to jpegs..

I just remembered something..now when I click on Fraps those numbers come up on my computer screen but they don't show up in my game..not anymore..and when I click on the F10 and go looking for the pictures they are not there..

I might get Suzanne our Tech Guru over at CherryBlossom Sims to help me out this evening on Skype..she should know how to do this..I hope

Thank you all for your help.. :lovestruc

EDIT: since I can't double post..

I just realized don't you have to have certain doors for a business..I think I just have regular doors..and those won't work will they?????

@broomhilda There are no "restaurant-specific" doors, no. Though, a couple of them are more common in actual restaurants. The bathroom doors obviously. And the porthole-looking door is something you might often see leading off a restaurant kitchen.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Instructor
#53 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM
Ok cool that had me worried lol..then that means all I need to do is take these pictures..I'm getting on Skype in about 5 minutes to work out the Fraps thing lol..

Thank you Kerri
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:48 AM
Ok cool that had me worried lol..then that means all I need to do is take these pictures..I'm getting on Skype in about 5 minutes to work out the Fraps thing lol..

Thank you Kerri

@broomhilda No problem. And if Fraps doesn't work out, PM me. I can Skype with you and work out how to get your game in windowed mode.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Instructor
#55 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:31 AM
Thank you Kerri

I just talked to Suzanne and well Fraps is free for so many pictures then it costs..unless I get another email and use it and another user name..I don't want to go through all that just for a short time..

Broomhilda B is I think my username on Skype..Kerri..

Where are you at I am in Missouri..and am on CMT time..so right now it is 9:30pm..

How much longer before this entry is due..I have lost count of time lol.

Thank you all for your help..
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:45 AM
Thank you Kerri

How much longer before this entry is due..I have lost count of time lol.

Thank you all for your help..

Nine days, eight hours. There's a countdown timer on the first page of the contest thread.

Try another program if Fraps doesn't work? (There's a thread about image capturing software here )
or a list of Fraps alternatives here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:52 AM
Tons of time, don't worry. Some people like to get their entry in early because they are going away/will be busy, others get in early in case someone has the same idea. I think just doing whatever it is that you were doing (trying not to look at entries) is best. Don't worry about what others are doing or not doing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#58 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:49 AM
Thank you everyone for your help..

Kerri and I talked on Skype and I really like that girl..and she helped me get into windows mode and take pictures..

yavannatw thank you for the links..will have to check them out..now off to take pictures finish up a few odds and ends to the place and then test it out with a sim and hope it don't burn the place down lol..

Jo I don't have a lot of self esteem and I tend to second guess myself on just about everything..that is why I don't like to look at other entries before I put mine in..and then after I do then I go and look at the other entries and then well..I second guess myself even more then lol..
Mad Poster
#59 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:53 AM
Good luck, broomhilda61. From my side, once you have done a competition, you will probably do more It is a lot of fun, everyone learns a lot from each other (contestants are always awesome and do not mind sharing tips with each other), and you will get to know some other Simmers and make new friends too. I hope you will enjoy it
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#60 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:17 PM
I just talked to Suzanne and well Fraps is free for so many pictures then it costs..unless I get another email and use it and another user name..I don't want to go through all that just for a short time..

It doesn't - I've had Fraps for ages. Years.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#61 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 9th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM.
Thank you all so much for your help and tips and a few smiles and giggles along the way.. :lovestruc

Ok I have mine done but now I am wondering how to do pictures..I have 27..and that includes ones with my sim being served and eating and the cook and all that..
I know the limit was 14-15..and then how do you get all those screenshots so little..do I have to resize them for that..

Also I noticed credit to the creator of CC..do we have to do that..omgosh..I will be in trouble there trying to find out what and where I got it and the creator name..

I need a drink..and off to grab a smoke while waiting for response

Have another question..can we put 2 in 1 for pictures????
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:02 PM
I don't want little screenshots, I want big ones. Not BMP files, Jpgs. I use FastStone which does them all in one go. You said you use Photoshop, so I assume it does the same? (The site will accept up to 2560x1440 pixels, and 800 kb) I appreciate those that are as close as possible.

You have to dump some of your extra shots, sorry. No 2 in 1. Deciding what shots to keep, trying for the best angles is part of the competition. part of the aim of contests is to help people with building, decorating and taking shots.

Also no you do not need to give credit unless A you want to and B know who it is. We do not expect you to go on goose chases around the place hunting down obscure CC. Often in contests we get WCIF's, so people sometimes take care of that by listing items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#63 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 9th Feb 2018 at 10:46 PM.
Thank you Jo...off then to do the what to keep lol..

I have the first picture up..but don't know how to use the spoiler???

I see a lot of screenshots those small pictures at the bottom..what are those.????
Mad Poster
#64 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:11 PM
The small pictures at the bottom are the thumbnails of attached pictures. Click them, and you'll see the big versions.

All html tags are done the same way. You have a matched pair of bracketed commands, the first of which contains just the command (in this case [spoiler]) and the second of which contains a slash / in front of the command. Everything in between those commands will be placed under the spoiler tag.

You have perhaps seen the code for underlining [und], italicizing [i], or bolding [b] text? It's the same principle.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM
Basic spoiler is [spoiler] picture here[#spoiler] replace the # with /

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#66 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
I have tried every link that Imgur has for this and nothing is working..I have to walk away right now..am about ready to go into tears..I will be back and try it again later..

Am I even putting it in the right place..do they go under the "insert image"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:19 AM
@broomhilda61 Feel free to post screenshots and we will help you.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#68 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
Thank you Jo

How do I post screenshots???

My pictures are 800x400..do I need to resize them???
Mad Poster
#69 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
The screenshot guidelines say "600 pixels or more on the smallest side is a good size to aim for". 800x400 is an unusual size suggesting a small but widescreen format. Is it the biggest resolution your computer can display? If so it's a bit small for your actual contest entry, and you'd be best to ask gdayars if it's ok. Resizing a small picture to make it bigger won't help. It will just reduce the quality. But for asking for help here, any picture will do provided it's big enough to see what's going on.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Feb 2018 at 2:35 AM.
I posted the optimal size for you on one of these threads. I am also doing my new computer so I am bit all over the place right now.

Your options are to load to a photo hosting place (that isn't Photobucket) then you go advanced on the post to where it says upload image. Your image must be Jpg or png and under 800kb. Then you click on a photo and it blows up, you grab the code from it, click the image box above and put it in there.

Or you can upload directly to MTS at mod your panties, it's our own hosting area. http://www.modyourpanties.com/

Your images can be up to 2560x1440 pixels, and 800 kb is what you should aim for. How big it comes depends on your monitor size and your game resolution. I have a somewhat small monitor so if you look at my uploads you will see they are about 1024 by 768. That is a Faps shot changed to a jpg and that is as large as I can get them.

Also heads up, please everyone check your shots for stretching. Check something like the top of the bin/trashcan, it should look nicely round not oval shaped. The square colourful rug (Ikea maybe?) should look square and not like a rectangle.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#71 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:44 AM
Yes please post 800 by 600 minimum and modyourpanties is free, and just requires you to sign in with your mts account @broomhilda61

and yes please, try to take really good pictures. Yes it is part of the challenge but you will discover a lot of things will improve after one of these contests!
Instructor
#72 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:50 AM
Omgosh I got my pictures already posted do I have to redo them because they are 800x400..anything else seems stretched..and pixel aided..what is modyourpanties????

Omgosh ok I have to redo all of mine again..I will try and get that done tomorrow..I'm sorry..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:53 AM
So you took photos with gimp told photoshop to change to jpg and they come out at 800 by 400? You didn't do anything else to them? We will get it figured out.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#74 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:56 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 10th Feb 2018 at 3:09 AM.
No I used the Windows mode and print screen..and then I went into Photoshop and resized them to 800x400..

I'm resizing them now..I'm so sorry everyone for being a complete computer block head..
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Also heads up, please everyone check your shots for stretching. Check something like the top of the bin/trashcan, it should look nicely round not oval shaped. The square colourful rug (Ikea maybe?) should look square and not like a rectangle.

A widescreeen shot taken in a small room might appear stretched.
Page 3 of 4