Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:36 AM
Default Polycount total?
Please help me , is there a way to view in SimPE the total of polys for an object that has many GMDC's?

Or do i have to use my calculator? lol

I can't figure it out

Thanks!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:15 AM
I don't know. I know SimPE shows totals of groups. Might need a calculator.

This is the groups stuff - which I'm pretty sure you know
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=230733

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:32 PM
There is a mostly unknown feature in SimPE: the Content Preview; you can find it in the Tools menu (shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+I)

You can drop in the yellow area single packages, or even an entire rar, zip or 7z archive, and it will display each object, along with its stats, including the overall vertex/face count (if SimPE judges the count "excessive", it will display the numbers in red, but don't rely too much on SimPE's judgements... )

NOTE1: the Content Preview sums *all* the GMDCs contained in the package, even if the various GMDCs are NOT intended to be used at the same time (example: the alternative shapes used for kitchen counters).

NOTE2: The very first time you drop something in the drop area, SimPE will look like it hung, but it's actually sorting all the GUIDs etc. Just wait a little.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.