Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:05 PM
Default Gmax?
Is it possible to use GMAX (a free 3d modelng progra,) To make things for sims 2? If so then i can finally mesh things! if not then i don't know (ps yes i am still on leave for my reasons, just thaught i'd pop in and say hi! LOL)

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 7:05 AM
There are plenty of ways (not all free) to get stuff into GMAX, but virtually no way to get anything large enough to be useful out of it.

GMax is very powerful, and it does all the core stuff that 3DS Max does. If you could just save out of it, who would Autodesk sell 3DS to? (Certainly not me).

There are a few games that have GMax plugins, and the game developers paid big $$$ (I have heard the figure $80,000, but that is certainly unofficial) to be able to write plugins for GMax.

So, it remains essentially a free come on to see if you would like to buy 3DS (around $2,000).

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.