Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:26 AM
alpha for posters? -> "wall tattoo"?
hey there,
i searched for a tut for this kind but can´t find it, i´m very sorry if i´m just dump and haven´t seen it.

this is my question:
is it possible to "include" an alpha in posters? so they have no border?
i wanted to realize some "wall tattoos", as they are called in germany with a few of my own graphics.

here is a sample for them, and i think they are also called "wall stickers"?
http://www.threadless.com/news/2501...s_WALL_GRAPHICS

also, do you think it would be possible to make some of them fitting on windows? like those window color pictures little kids do sometimes? :D

i would love to start right away, thank you for your time reading this!
with best regards

emu
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:32 AM
Not only possible, but already done: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=309078

To include an alpha in the recolour, you'd want to make your texturing in whatever program (Photoshop or other) with a transparent background, and then save it as a PNG to retain the transparency. Then, when bringing your textures into SimPE using Build DXT, you'd set it to DXT3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:41 AM
oh, thank you, i didn´t know its THAT simple. o.O an i was searching like somewhat for the alpha, thank you. ^^"

and do you also know if it would work with windows? i want to make a "free poster", i don´t want to color every window of its own new vor the window colors. - is it possible? :D

thanksalot for your fast answer!
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:44 AM
You could just use that wall overlay and put it on a window using a combination of the moveobjects/snapobjectstogrid cheats.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:59 PM Last edited by emulux : 25th Apr 2009 at 2:25 PM.
well, i did as you said, setting it to dxt3, even this typical checker pattern shows up, but ingame the background is black.

also, for more posters, i imported them again , did "save as", and clicked commit. but just one showed up in the recolors. o.O i´m a bit confused because they -are- package files. will work on that now.

thank you for the hint, i´ll try it later when the transparency will show up. -.-"

best regards
emu

(edit: ahh, it was the "blend" setting, sorry! o.O
well, the last thing i want to find out is:
can you expant the postersize? or do someone know about a "one-wall-sized" poster i may recolor?
)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:06 PM
new problem:
now theyshow up transparent, but one file have a wrong preview and the other previews for the other partially transparent posters are black.
did someone had this problem before?
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:36 PM
Try ctrl-clicking or ctrl-right-clicking on the preview images. That'll regenerate them and should fix it.

Regarding the size, I'm pretty sure pixelhate's -are- full wall size. Should be anyway...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:48 PM Last edited by emulux : 25th Apr 2009 at 5:02 PM.
i´m sorry, it didn´t help here, its stil ike this:

the preview is transparend and the grey dude, but set on the wall its thwe cleaning boy. o.O
i think i have to do them all new, but i woud love to know what was wrong, i try to find -these- files. (if i don´t find them, i cant delete them too - also, i have to know where they are (not in saved sims) to send them to a friend.
i´m very sorry for being troublesome.

edit: even when the saved sims and the download folder are empty (exept the color enable file) the recolors show up, same preview, but instead of the cleanerboy another posterpicture. i really really wonder where these files are.