Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:44 PM Last edited by CardTaken : 25th Feb 2017 at 6:00 PM.
Default Compatibility with Packs
EDIT: Just saw there is, in fact, a thread very recently talking about this. I feel silly now. I will go read it.

If there is a thread where this is already explained, please feel free to direct me there and I'll read it.

My question is roughly this: To what extent is owning a pack (or not owning it) going to make or break a mod?

Some examples of what I mean:
- You have a custom trait that increases the skill gain for DJ Mixing, but the person using the mod doesn't have Get Together.
- You have a custom trait that gives a particular moodlet for being at a Nightclub, but the person using the mod doesn't have Get Together.

In each case, my question is, will the mod break if the person tries to use it or will the reference to something that doesn't exist simply be ignored? (Similar to how DL'ing a sim from the gallery with CC you don't have will DL them without that CC, but otherwise intact.)

The reason I ask is, I'm trying to ascertain where the limits are for needing to split things up and make base game version vs. version that requires packs. Where exactly that all begins and ends. Simply as an exercise in time-saving, it would be nice if I didn't have to split things up into different versions in every case. If I must for the integrity of peoples' games, I will do it. I'd just rather not have to spend my time on it, when I could be spending it on features.