Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:21 AM
@joandsarah77 the thing would be to crowded, but shifting the table and tv could be an idea. I still like the house looks normal though. So foundation, which means the decking technically could be shifted out because that would be fundation. Even though the front decking actually is an entrance but of cause this would minus too. Saving money is my thing. I already told myself I don't need 25000 and somewhere no decking is stupid because most raised houses have decking - more most modern houses has, which is include a fact that you want your contest confused to the player can't choose between old or new, as you take the rules of the old house. Most couples actually have a wish for decking to their grill. So O3O that is one weird couple with weird wishes. I understand the normal fridge but no decking for no grill seems so odd.
but since it suddenly became 2AM... Welp... sometime tomorrow a change would be done...
I know how to fix my problem luckily. 1 foundation block behind the house with stairs plus shifting thefour blocks in front of house to foundation to. A little table shift and thousands years editing with sai and I'm done. Still holding budget under 20.000
And no, we both know that in the end, most people would give higher votes for better playability because we all know the base money is 20.000 c': so more people want the house

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up jo, and good idea. I'll pre-emptively add a foundation shot. Let me know when you know for sure about emperor, will you?

Karen, when are you back from vacation? *counts the spots left and eyes the date* (And also hi, hope you are having a wonderful vacation, but also get home soon so you can enter mkay thanks <3 :lovestruc )

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#128 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:30 AM
@joandsarah77 No I didn’t touch the foundation, and I added the ground level picture (even if you don’t add it to the rules it’s my 17th picture so it’s still fine)

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:47 AM
@OnayaW Once you have your entry pictures in following the rules you are free in your game to do what you like to it. Like any contest it has set rules that everyone follows. The whole point is for everyone to build on the exact same foundation and to gain as many points as possible. You are free to spend less money but it may give you less points come judging time. Decorating is worth 5 points.

You are free to place a grill, there are no rules against that, only you have to make your deck from the given foundation that is already there.

Gummi If this rate of entry keeps up Karen may miss out, she isn't back for something like 5 days. I posted it thinking it would take a whole week to be approved but Jones came and approved it overnight.

Thanks Voeille.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#130 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Voeille : 13th Apr 2017 at 1:17 AM.
I realised I forgot the smoke alarm (I never use it in my game so it wasn’t natural for me to put it there). Can I add it?

Edit: I checked the lot, added the alarm (I had to remove a lamp hidden in a wall to afford it), and, given that it’s ugly, I hid it in a wall too, like the lamps. So, if I’m allowed to add it officially, can I just update the price picture and add a picture of the smoke alarm itself with cutaway walls to prove it is there, or does it need to be normally visible and not hidden in a wall? (When the foundation picture is in the rules I’ll be allowed to have 18.)

Simblr
Forum Resident
#131 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:08 AM
@joandsarah77
I noticed a big part of contest enters don't build after your plan xD no one notice you know.
Just gonna hear isit 100% a rule because honestly, the limit of freedom is so little and I feel that the foundation is... it won't be artistically pleasing.
Not even I followed it. It feels odd and off for a house.

I may back out then. I don't like too much limitations on well, building. :/ I think I'll just upload the house to the site like always. Being in a box is not my thing.

I build small houses *^*
Space Pony
#132 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:14 AM
Jo,

Edited my entry for the rest of the pics and a tiny story Also added the pic for foundation.

I am sorry of all blumbbobs, red pauselines and so, I just took the pics with FRAPS and used the bulkprogram to make all JPG:s , and it is once again over 3am and I just game home from work, I simply had no energy to edit the pics simply just renamed and attached

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#133 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:26 AM
@OnayaW
They all did according to the plan, that is the thing. Except for those who didn't, then they got told to either not add to it, or delete from it. Rules aren't made for you. That's ok. You love building, and it shows in your signature. But a contest would not be a contest, without them. The challenge is all about those rules..and seeing all the different looking builds members come up with is truly amazing.
I hope you'll change your mind, stick to the rules and be a contestant.(contestant? is that even a word?)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:32 AM
@OnayaW If you don't wish to join that is fine. Not everyone likes following rules and contests do have a lot of them.

@Voeille you can make small edits to your lot and change your photos around up until the deadline.

Kukamuukaanmuka I can help you with those things if you want some tips.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#135 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:35 AM
...no. Contests don't need a lot of rules. I know plenty of artistically contests with lessrules. I can overcome the budget rule, but swing the form of your foundation I already know how 90% of the houses will look like meaning it isn't artistically free and no one can show their potential

I build small houses *^*
Space Pony
#136 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
...no. Contests don't need a lot of rules. I know plenty of artistically contests with lessrules. I can overcome the budget rule, but swing the form of your foundation I already know how 90% of the houses will look like meaning it isn't artistically free and no one can show their potential

The point IS to show the potential based by given rules. What is the challence if you are allowed to do anything you like?

For me, I am NOT a builder, I try to avoid building as much as I can, but I do want to learn. And these contests are great way to do it.

Jo, I know there are some cheats for the blumbobs at least, just never used those and only reason I moved Walters right in was to be able to turn the lights on (as I cannot use Mootilda's mod , because of no CC ) there might be a cheat to that too, tho.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Scholar
#137 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:52 AM
Thanks Jo, I added the alarm and a picture of it Now I have 18 pictures, so if the ground floor picture isn’t in the rules I’ll remove it later.

@OnayaW I respectfully disagree I actually think that there was lots of freedom, you can do plenty with just a foundation given, and everyone showed that, no two houses are exactly the same. And I think it does allow people to show their potential – are they creative enough to turn that foundation into a nice house?

Simblr
Scholar
#138 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:56 AM
@PenelopeT It looks like your in-game resolution is incongruent with your native one, the screens look squashed. I recall @Rosebine had the same issue some time ago.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#139 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:59 AM Last edited by gazania : 13th Apr 2017 at 2:10 AM.
Some contests are pretty broad in their rules. Some are not.

I realized I shouldn't look at everyone's spoilers after the first entry or two because I might find myself subconsciously imitating some of the houses here. Looking at the pictures now, if I had $5 REAL money for every time I exclaimed, "Why didn't I think of that?", I could take my family out to lunch at a really nice place. Some put porches on different sides of the house. Some added a second story (I could barely stay under 25K with ONE story.) Some used focal points. Some went for an overall effect. Some used some interesting cheats to create an effect. Some were trying for a modern effect; some were trying for different styles. I see no two houses that are alike. Similar in some aspects, yes. But not alike.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:59 AM
Actually it's surprising how different the buildings in a foundation challenge can end up being. Half the fun is seeing what people can come up with. I have been a contestant in a couple of foundation challenges over the years (which all involved not changing the foundation since that is the whole point of this type of contest) and people came up with idea I never would have thought of.

But lets not have any more discussion on this topic.

Oh you are free to use Moo's turn on lights box. That doesn't add cc to the lot.

If you want there is a mod to remove the red pause line over at leefish.

Also everyone, please feel free to use all the building cheats you want, that is a big part of using only maxis items, seeing how you can combine and use them in creative ways without CC.

And I see PenelopeT has added an entry while I was typing this up.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:02 AM
Pictures can't be stretched. part of the sims 2 picture guidelines. It's usually best not to crop.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#142 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:04 AM
Oh I don't think so, but Voeille helped me when I had this..issue. if you don't mind having to crop or edit your pictures every time, it is fine I guess. I had to, and I hated having to! So i set my game resolution to 1600 x 900, because this is my monitor resolution. No more croppingz! yay.

Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:17 AM
Me to enter the contest depending on time (:
Hey I might want to join this contest all thought, I may be too busy for it. So I may just watch it from sidelines. Is there any deadline to when I have to sign up? If so I would like someone to tell me (:.
Theorist
#144 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:21 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 13th Apr 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Pictures can't be stretched. part of the sims 2 picture guidelines. It's usually best not to crop.

Ah, I see.

Well, I did not go crazy with the cropping - my game resolution is set to 1280x1024 and the images are all at 1250x880. If you need me to retake them I can, but it will have to wait until sometime tomorrow as it's getting late in my part of the world and my bed is calling my name.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh I don't think so, but Voeille helped me when I had this..issue. if you don't mind having to crop or edit your pictures every time, it is fine I guess. I had to, and I hated having to! So i set my game resolution to 1600 x 900, because this is my monitor resolution. No more croppingz! yay.

I do like to crop them a bit when sharing them - it's just a preference. My computer monitor is set to 1920x1080.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Space Pony
#145 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:29 AM
Ty Jo , I did not want to take the risk with the pauselines and the lightning, and ended up playing with Walters for several hours before work, I simply could not resist I tried to avoid to get close shots of Bri, you would of maybe noticed the maxian version of certain lady

Even so I know I could of just simply cut those lines away in photoshop but I was too tired

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:42 AM
@TALSUPERTERRYX2 There is a link to a count down clock on the main page. It's directly under the Application/Round One rules. Please be sure to read everything. You have 11 1/2 days or until the table fills up. There are currently 7 spots left.

@PenelopeT So long as your pictures are not stretched and meet the minimum size guidelines go ahead. It's just we see a lot of cropping on the queue and often the photos are below size because of it.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#147 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:02 AM
@joandsarah77 I managed to get a "roof" done and take pictures (curse you Fraps!), both of which I have never done before, and boy am I proud! That said, my pictures are huge... as in 2MB+, are there any tips on getting those down to the required size. Please remember I am pre-beginner with this stuff. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#148 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:11 AM
Your pictures..is it .jpg? And what size are they? (width, height)

Scholar
#149 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:14 AM
Also the level of compression matters for JPGs, in photoshop I can choose quality from 1 to 12 with 12 being best. I resized my picture from 1920x1080 to 1400x[some height I don’t remember], I could save most of them with quality 12, but I had to drop to 11 with a few to keep them within the limit.

@TALSUPERTERRYX2 no-one removed your post, it’s on the previous page, and Jo replied to you (her post is also on the previous page).

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:17 AM
@Goldenbtrfly Yah. I found contests to be a great way to improve building, decorating and photo skills.
That's what Fraps does, gives whopping big BMP pictures. What you have to do now is change them to a jpg or png. I use FastStone Photo resizer since it will do all of them at once. It's free just Google the name.

@TALSUPERTERRYX2 Your post is on page 6 (this is now page 7) I replied to it so please follow the pm link. You will find a yellow triangle on your pm box. This thread moves quickly. This is why I send pm links by the @ system to be sure everyone sees my replies.

~Call me Jo~

Page 6 of 106