Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#7676 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:34 AM
Okay, that makes sense. I think I found the mod you were referring to. Is this it? Yeah, I had only heard that AwesomeMod improved school routing but IIRC I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks so much!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7677 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:43 AM
Awesome has an option to make school enrollments totally optional. It apparently takes a Core Mod to pull that off, even NRaas mods make kids and teens register for school somewhere pretty much right away, or at least be home schooled officially.

But I'm not sure that failing to even try to educate the next generation is always the right answer. For years many of us preferred to provide more schools as populations increased and baby booms happened and we can use NRaas mods (SP and GoHere) to segregate the schools by age (Elementary vs. High School), gender, public vs. private, or whatever else comes to mind. In addition to bluegen's mods though, more recently this one has increased the capacity of my schools tremendously.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=568897

Here is the one school in Dragon Valley in the middle of the day. It has a lot of doors as per its original design and most to all of them get used with the mod, so there are no routing issues leading up to or at 9am whatsoever whether I focus the game camera on the school or not. Well, there were stampedes and failures the first day I returned to this world and found all those kids in it all of a sudden, but resetting the school fixed that right away as I hadn't had the mod in prior. I suppose if the school enrollment were ever to double in size from there, then I would want to add a second school or make use of the NRaas Careers mod's specialty schools taking place in rabbit holes already present in town.

For the record, same gender (and male) pregnancy are not adult topics according to EA. Teen-teen romance isn't either, up to a somewhat arbitrary innocent point. But teen woohoo of any kind, teen pregnancy, and teen-older romance are, which is why Woohooer is taboo on the official forums even when discussing its other, entirely unrelated features.
Lab Assistant
#7678 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:34 PM
I have been on a break from all the sims game since mid last year (Junne or so}, and was wondering is it still a wise decision to go with the Steam game of Sims 3 to avoid the last patch ? and has there been any new updates to the mods to keep the game running smooth ? the NRAAS mods mainly I am speaking of?and I did see that site is going to be going away as well ? Thanks for any help on this .. I have searched the threads, but did not come up with much of anything new so just being sure I did not miss anything.
Mad Poster
#7679 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Jun 2018 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
I have been on a break from all the sims game since mid last year (Junne or so}, and was wondering is it still a wise decision to go with the Steam game of Sims 3 to avoid the last patch ? and has there been any new updates to the mods to keep the game running smooth ? the NRAAS mods mainly I am speaking of?and I did see that site is going to be going away as well ? Thanks for any help on this .. I have searched the threads, but did not come up with much of anything new so just being sure I did not miss anything.

I've not seen an official poll or anything, but the prevailing notion seems to be that if one has a way to carry off or stay on a Patch 1.67 install (no required Origin tie-in), then it's best to do so. The game files between the two patches are identical except for their build numbers and 1.69 doesn't really add anything to the mix that is helpful or not aggravating for many of us. I'm on a Steam install myself now and plan on staying with it.

NRaas mod updates released in reverse chronological order:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update%20History

Updates currently in beta testing, not yet ready for full release:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update%20History%20Testing

We also have a brand new mod in the works, NRaas Chemistry, that is in too early a stage to be considered beta yet. But current efforts are concentrated on getting our new site done up so that we will be ready to move/transition by the time Wikispaces shuts us down at the end of September. Here is a preview: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/83643301

In the meantime, it is business as usual at NRaas where we are now and you can safely ignore/dismiss any warning banners about Wikispaces shutting down.
Lab Assistant
#7680 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:43 AM
Thank you for the information. I would like to go with the Steam install, but I remember when I did my purchase back when, the download was going so slow, I just got frustrated waiting when I saw it say it would take 13 days. I did not have that wait on Origin, but now I will have to uninstall and reinstall, and not sure the download time would be any different on Steam.

[QUOTE=igazor]I've not seen an official poll or anything, but the prevailing notion seems to be that if one has a way to carry off or stay on a Patch 1.67 install (no required Origin tie-in), then it's best to do so. The game files between the two patches are identical except for their build numbers and 1.69 doesn't really add anything to the mix that is helpful or not aggravating for many of us. I'm on a Steam install myself now and plan on staying with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7681 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:30 AM
You could try it again on Steam, and see if the install time is still that long? (Sometimes I get a ridiculous estimate at first, and then it reassesses to something more reasonable.)
Instructor
#7682 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Is there a schedule for when concerts happen or is it random?

One of my sims rolled a wish to go to a concert, a sim week ago. There still hasn't been on available for her to attend.

Friday afternoons /late afternoons, check both the movie theater and the sports stadium.
If I recall well, maybe there's a second chance for a concert at Saturdays late afternoons, too.
Lab Assistant
#7683 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:35 PM
This is a 'stupid question' because I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but let me try my luck anyway;
Is there way for a sim to use their personal vehicle when travelling with a baby/toddler rather than a taxi?

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Lab Assistant
#7684 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:37 AM
Not to the best of my knowledge. The only other way to get babies / toddlers around without a taxi is by using a stroller.

Yeah, thought not. And if I remember correctly, even with the buggies they'll take a taxi if the distance is far enough. Urgh, so aggravating. Four-wheeled vehicles are so under-utilised in this game. I really love the idea of an adult ferrying the Teens and Kids around and lugging along the Toddlers and Babies to do the weekly shop.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Top Secret Researcher
#7685 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:57 AM
My sim returned from the future and lost his 20,000 point plumbotics dream. I tried three times all failed; each time all his dreams and wishes were gone. . Then I thought "NRAAS traveler will fix it!" and installed traveler, restarted the sims... epic fail! The returned to the present without the entire sim.
I have too many mods that need regression testing.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#7686 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:39 PM
A prom was announced a few days ago. For some reason, I never get the option for my sims to ask their girlfriends to go with them. Is it because I'm using a RH rug?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7687 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 3:42 PM
Is there a schedule for when concerts happen or is it random?

One of my sims rolled a wish to go to a concert, a sim week ago. There still hasn't been on available for her to attend.
You can help remind yourself when a concert is on (I always forget and then the wish remains locked for weeks) by placing the search lights from Build Mode/Community Objects (not the ones in Buy Mode) on the stadium and theatre lot. Whenever something special is on they will light up as soon as it starts. Of course with the stadium it means that Wednesday and Sunday these will also announce sports games.

It is currently Friday in my game in Twinbrook and there's a play at the theatre and a concert at the stadium, both began at 5pm.
Mad Poster
#7688 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
Here's a stupid question: what file controls the game's camera parameters? All I've been able to find is the freecam settings, but I want to modify the regular one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#7689 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:42 PM
Is it possible that I can't find celebrities because the custom world doesn't include residents with such status?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#7690 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is it possible that I can't find celebrities because the custom world doesn't include residents with such status?
Quite possible yes. The game won't automatically bestow celebrity status on pre-made Sims, unless its one of EA's own worlds. But there the status is pre-defined in an extra file in the game data.
Mad Poster
#7691 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:42 PM
@igazor Is it normal for Saver to save without the pop-up?

I have it set to save every 30 minutes in real time. I used to get the pop-up reminding me that 30 minutes has passed, now I don't. My game just stops, saves and I sit back in total confusion. Your thoughts?

NRaas Saver is not meant to launch the actual Save (As) command, it's really an alarm clock with the optional suggestions for naming the next save and rotating through numbered names.

Where we do know this happens is if the names of the saves it is using are a single digit. In other words 1.sims3, 2.sims3, etc. Not having a real save name to append to like DumpyTown1.sims3, DumpyTown2.sims3, etc., is not an intended naming scheme so unexpected things can trigger.
Top Secret Researcher
#7692 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:23 AM
A while ago I read that you shouldn't use the free real estate cheat to move a bunch of sims into an unpopulated world because of the effect on town debt. Is this true?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#7693 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:30 AM
This is the first time that I ever hear of such a thing as town debt. What is this supposed to be and how does it affect a game?
Mad Poster
#7694 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:40 PM
Any way to move out a butler that was added as a family member through testing cheats? (Preferably a method that doesn't dehire/dismiss him, because my sim is low on budget).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7695 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Any way to move out a butler that was added as a family member through testing cheats? (Preferably a method that doesn't dehire/dismiss him, because my sim is low on budget).

Where you say you made him a family member, do you mean he is now part of the household and controllable or you made him blood related to the others in the household? Butlers are Service Sims, if you made them a member of the household, then he wouldn't (shouldn't) be a Butler anymore, just a regular resident sim now.
#7696 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:01 PM
Like igazor said, if you added him to the household he should already be dismissed and have lost his butler status. So, no idea what you did there.

But you can make him a butler again with MasterController/Advanced/SetService. He will move out and go back to the service pool where you can hire him again (or rather hire a butler and with some luck it will be the same Sim).
#7697 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:03 PM
My stupid question: how does alien pregnancy work and how can I end it?
I fear that for the first time this abduction is different than the others.
And to think that my Sim was really friendly to that old hag a few nights before...
#7698 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:39 PM
Friendly introduction and then sending her off my property before she could start littering it with meteors or whatever they do when intruding without invitation.
(Does it show that I'm not too fond of them?)
#7699 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:10 PM
Pregnancy averted, btw, the probing failed spectacularly and my Sim is still childless. Phew!
(Which, of course, means that my question remains still open somewhat. Do these pregnancies show as pregnant in MasterController? Can they be ended like regular pregnancies there? Do they start immediately after the "Feeling probed" moodlet expires?)

So on to my next question then: Do plumbots count towards the Monster Maker LTW?
Top Secret Researcher
#7700 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
This is the first time that I ever hear of such a thing as town debt. What is this supposed to be and how does it affect a game?

Town debt was described as the amount of income vs. wealth. Property and possessions are wealth and income is cash on hand. The idea was that if your town has much greater wealth than it should as a ratio with cash, this will somehow corrupt your town. It isn't a game mechanic that a player interacts with, more like a weird glitch exposed by overuse of the freerealestate cheat. Perhaps it is an urban legend.

Another question, was terrain paint patched in? If I use terrain paint from an EA store world in a lot I create (a paint that is available in build mode), and someone without the world downloads the lot, will they see the correct terrain paint?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Page 308 of 385