Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM
Default Choosing Zoning
This was a very big issue in TS3. I made a video on how to choose zoning and why. It's only meant for my lot, so it's either nightclub, bar or lounge to choose between. My judgement on the Lounge may be a bit rushed. They probably left because it was that time of day. Later testing shows more singers and pianoplayers. What I'm really looking for is that experience you have on different zoning, pro and cons?

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
What type of lot will have what types of visitors at what times of day is defined in various XMLs in /venue and /situation_job -- for instance

("Churn" means the game will replace sims as they leave, to keep the count constant)

So one can just look that up instead of running long-winded in game tests?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What type of lot will have what types of visitors at what times of day is defined in various XMLs in /venue and /situation_job -- for instance

("Churn" means the game will replace sims as they leave, to keep the count constant)

So one can just look that up instead of running long-winded in game tests?

That must be why the computer at work changes tiny little things in it's program without warning . Just reading game codes does not replace testing in my opinion.

It's also so much more fun looking at my interior than reading codes I don't understand anyway, very useful too considering those planters are too high on the wall. You can read codes though if you like, but trusting them to tell you the hole story?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 3:09 PM
You wanted to know how the zoning works, or am I misunderstanding your point?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
well, I wasn't looking for the simple solutions.