Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:10 PM
Default Cottage for Petlandia
Here's the thread for another Petlandia cottage on a 40x20 lot. Thanks in advance to @aisquared for decorating!

I've done some simple gardening and added a few items for a horse and a dog. Flooring has been added, aswell as a fridge and stove which can be removed. It's only an idea.
Flooring can be changed of course, and the walls need some cladding.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Petlandia cottage.rar (1.51 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 6:48 AM
I like it a lot! Well done!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 3:55 PM
Hi! I thought I couldn't make it this quick. Here's my shot at decorating the cottage. Any feedback is welcome!

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:07 PM
Looks lovely
Would the bookshelf work if you place it under the stairs? Right now it's blocking half of the windows. I'm glad to see the floorplan works out

#5 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:35 PM
Actually there is already a desk under the stairs that I forgot to show. So how about I replace the large bookcase with a smaller one and just place it in the corner?
Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:08 PM
Oh okay. The small one looks pleasing

#7 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:51 AM
This all looks very nice. I think the one window by the bookcase needs to be flipped for the handle to be inside like the others? (This is something I miss quite a lot.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 8:28 AM
Thanks. Will fix it later and check for issues in live mode. If things go smoothly, should it be ready for upload?

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:02 PM
The cottage is lovely. I especially like the wall coverings. A few things to do:
1. Double check that you have only used base game and Pets items.
2. Is there any landscaping or outdoor furnishings you want to add?
3. Move a household with at least a sim, a dog and a horse into a copy of the lot. Make sure everything can be used by the sims and pets. Check for routing problems.
4. When it is all finished, Johnny_Bravo needs to sign off on it.
5. Finally, check the lot with custard and then upload it to the main Petlandia thread.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thank you!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:29 PM
Hello! I'm done route-testing the lot and a few changes were made. One noticeable change is the position of the gate leading to the pet yard. It seems one tile fences wouldn't work with horses so I replaced it with the two-tiled one.
Screenshots

Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 5:30 PM
I was a little torn about using a double gate or single one for symmetries' sake, but you've made it work

#12 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 6:05 PM
Thanks . Is it now ok for upload? Or am I missing something else?

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:08 AM Last edited by attuned : 27th Apr 2018 at 1:50 PM.
Hi aisquared
Can you upload pictures of the final version, an overhead pic of each floor? Then we need @Johnny_Bravo to say yea or nay. Finally, we only need the package file, not the sims3pack(so never mind checking the sims3pack with custard). Save the final version of the lot to the bin in game. You can find the package file in your sims game folder: Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>library. The library folder will have a bunch of files that are named with a bunch of numbers and letters. Assuming the cottage is the last one you saved to the bin, choose the newest file and you can then rename it (Johnny or you need to name the lot). Then zip it and upload it to a post in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=606803 Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Also, you had originally stated you may want to build something for the world. I am pretty sure we still need houses. You can either ask on the thread I just linked to, or I can ask SimmyRN for you. She is the creator of the world and keeper of the map. Great job!

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:36 AM
@Johnny_Bravo
@aisquared

Is the cottage ready?
Does it have a name?
Thanks!

New at Simszoo
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th May 2018 at 3:04 PM
I wish I could tell if the cottage is ready As for a name, maybe one of you guys can think of one? I will always suck at naming stuff.

#16 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:47 PM
Hi all. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with work lately. Anyway here's the floor plan shots and the lot file. Should I add more screenshots? Also, I'm not good at names as well. So as Johnny said, anyone is welcome to name the cottage
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PetlandiaCottage.rar (1.18 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:16 PM
Thanks ai

#18 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:38 AM
Lovely, thanks aisquared !