4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6776 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:01 AM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6777 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:37 AM
I was going to say can't you transfer it already, but then I realized that probably only works for community lot businesses.
Mad Poster
#6778 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I was going to say can't you transfer it already, but then I realized that probably only works for community lot businesses.
You're right - it does only work for community lots.
Mad Poster
#6779 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:49 AM
Someone should add a tip jar to the microphone. I used the teleporter cat to drag an entire band over to a nightclub for ambience and the only one not making tips is the singer. This is grossly unfair.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6780 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:26 PM
I wish there was a hack that made cars not vanish even if the driveway is partially outside the lot. I much prefer the garage on the right side, not sure why but I do, and it's such a shame the cars just teleport off the lot and back on. Who wants 7 tiles of empty space next to the driveway? And why does it need 7 tiles when there cars are only 5 long? I'm quite capable of turning 90 degrees in that setup without needing more than my cars length in space to reverse on.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#6781 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:00 PM
one possible reason for 7 tiles:: the portals are generally in the second tile from edge.
Forum Resident
#6782 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:20 AM
People previously mentioned wishing they had to pay for gas in the cars, but I wish that the cars could break down like the household appliances. Either you fix it, or pay the repairman, or sell the junkheap and buy a new one. Seems silly that I can buy a sedan for a $7000 one time cost, and they can keep the car for generations.
Mad Poster
#6783 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:02 PM
I'm pretty sure this is impossible. I'd like to be able to have my seasons in some hoods reflect the extreme northern or southern hemisphere with winter being dark all the time and the sun never setting in the summer.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6784 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:05 PM
It is possible if you switch out your lighting file when you play those hoods. All dark/all bright is any way, but variations where it gets dark at different hours than 7pm and bright at 7am aren't possible. The all dark/bright is done by copying the day setting to night setting, and vice versa.

Mad Poster
#6785 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
People previously mentioned wishing they had to pay for gas in the cars, but I wish that the cars could break down like the household appliances. Either you fix it, or pay the repairman, or sell the junkheap and buy a new one. Seems silly that I can buy a sedan for a $7000 one time cost, and they can keep the car for generations.

Yeah-ordinary wear & tear, plus insurance as a bill. Another want-if a pixel is driving a car, a random chance situation where they get into an accident and come home by way of the car pool. "Honey, I got into a little accident..."

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6786 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:51 PM
Alchemist
#6787 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
when Young Adults go to class, there be a random chance of they bringing another Young Adult.
maybe also during other off-screen trips.

when a Child/Teen brings someone from school (or when Teen/Adult/Elder brings someone from work), the message use some other word than "friend"; since the other character is not always a friend.
Mad Poster
#6788 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
when Young Adults go to class, there be a random chance of they bringing another Young Adult.

This would be awesome. Why don't they already do this?
Mad Poster
#6789 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:04 AM
And have them pick someone who shares the same major? That would be awesome. Also, what if there was a special interaction for very grouchy sims where they paint their left hand and make a puppet named "Mitch Connor"?
Mad Poster
#6790 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:37 AM
I don't get the "Mitch Connor" reference, but about the same major thing, yes. Same major and preferably same year/semester.
Mad Poster
#6791 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:07 AM
You've never seen certain episodes of South Park then... like "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" he's kind of an... ambiguous character.
Mad Poster
#6792 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:15 AM
Pretty sure I haven't seen a single episode of South Park. :P
Mad Poster
#6793 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:28 AM
Mad Poster
#6794 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM
South park is rather an acquired taste. It requires a certain type of humor. I used to like it in my early teens, but now I'm not much of a fan.

Alchemist
#6795 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
Has there ever been a mod to enable the sewing machine for kids/create a kid's sewing machine like the kid's pottery table? If not, I would like one. I wonder how difficult it would be to do...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6796 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:50 AM
Sims1 natural disasters - hurricanes, earth quake, flood. I know, just to complex.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6797 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 11:34 AM
I don't remember their showing those disasters, did they? I think they were just messages that you would get.

I've recently started rolling the dice whenever I open a neighborhood in my rotation (I'm playing three). If the dice comes up to whatever number I've chosen, a disaster will strike that neighborhood. Then I scroll around drudge until I find something, wildfire, hurricane, whatever. That disaster has struck the entire country.

Some subhoods (towns) will be hit harder than others. In my recent hurricane in Monopoly, one subhood was almost wiped out, while others weren't touched at all. Again, that is decided by dice roll. It move sims around, gives me a reason for renovations, and just adds a touch of whimsy to the game.

I don't know how it would be physically be done by the game to make those disasters happen.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6798 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sims1 natural disasters - hurricanes, earth quake, flood. I know, just to complex.

Actually, I was thinking of a mod for that but it's a long way down the list.

My initial thoughts:
Hurricane
Flood
Earthquake
Blizzard
Storm
Heatwave

Weather effects? (maybe use those SophieDavid effects?)
Mist/fog
Northern lights

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6799 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if this will help but since we don't have any of those for now, maybe Lamare's Electrical Box can also help us simulate power outages due to disasters? It's still in testing but I think it's solid so far.
Mad Poster
#6800 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Actually, I was thinking of a mod for that but it's a long way down the list.

My initial thoughts:
Hurricane
Flood
Earthquake
Blizzard
Storm
Heatwave

Weather effects? (maybe use those SophieDavid effects?)
Mist/fog
Northern lights

Jumping up and down in effort to create cyberspace earthquake that moves the mod up Maxon's to-do list.

Then makes big eyes to look innocent.

Page 272 of 582