Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#351 Old 5th May 2016 at 1:03 AM
I went on tumblr the other day and accidentally found out that a main character dies in one of the online games that I play! I haven't got enough action points to play up to that point and see what happens either!

One of the other games I play is one where you can win game money by playing a mini-game. Sometimes you don't win anything, but it still says "Congratulations! You have won 0" - I don't know whether to laugh or cry be slightly disappointed!
Advertisement
Scholar
#352 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:35 PM
My phone model will not get an update to Android Marshmallow. I guess it shall forever be KitKat

On a slightly relevant point: the really nice American marshmallows are really hard to get here, but they're really nice.
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:41 PM
When you order something on Amazon and they take FOUR days to start shipping it. I knew I should have clicked Expedited Shipping. I have usually had my stuff come fast.
Scholar
#354 Old 22nd May 2016 at 5:23 AM
I want coffee and toast but I just mopped my kitchen and the floor is wet this is why I don't mop.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#355 Old 22nd May 2016 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BringMeSugar
When you order something on Amazon and they take FOUR days to start shipping it. I knew I should have clicked Expedited Shipping. I have usually had my stuff come fast.

I ordered a new mouse from there. Ordered and paid for and then I checked the arrival date. Six weeks! My old one will be long dead and buried by then.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 22nd May 2016 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I ordered a new mouse from there. Ordered and paid for and then I checked the arrival date. Six weeks! My old one will be long dead and buried by then.

Was this just recently? Cause I feel like their service is really going downhill within the past few months. I ordered a Gameboy from them a couple months ago and they let me order it. They went and emailed me later to tell me it was no longer in stock.
They must have to import your mouse, but geez, six weeks...
Mad Poster
#357 Old 22nd May 2016 at 7:36 PM
Yes, it was a couple of weeks ago. I've had no complaints about their service in the past, but this is beyond ridiculous. I had no idea it would take so long or I would have bought a different one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#358 Old 22nd May 2016 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Here's another one. I recently moved to a new city, leaving Mediacom behind for Comcast. When I had Mediacom, my HD was free, as was closed captioning. Comcast wants to charge for both of those features. I will not pay to have services my tv has installed. Why should I? I already bought the tv. So, I mostly just watch the shows on Hulu the next day on my Apple TV.

That is insane. They do realize that they could be losing viewer who are deaf or hard of hearing don't they? Sounds like you have gone with the best option. Paying twice for the same service is just stupid.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#359 Old 22nd May 2016 at 8:24 PM
I also kind of think it might be illegal. I mean I know they have lawyers up the wazoo and have covered themselves, but probably if I were deaf, I could force the issue. I'm not deaf, but I am older and I have a small tv. I lot of time I look at the cc because it makes the discrimination better, the words are clearer. But, no, I'm not paying for something I should already have. I got suckered into a contract, but when it's done, I'm going to end my tv service with them and just keep internet. I can watch all the tv I want on Apple and Amazon.

Lab Assistant
#360 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:09 AM
Actors tend to slur the words and we have to keep rewinding to catch what they said. OR we don't want to wake up the others in our house by needing to turn up the volume, so using closed captioning is incredibly helpful. I think if a company had to charge for either of those, it should be HD rather than captions.
Scholar
#361 Old 23rd May 2016 at 1:20 PM
I got a toothbrush that's soft rather than extra soft and it's too strong on my precious gums I'm spitting up blood

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#362 Old 23rd May 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BringMeSugar
Actors tend to slur the words and we have to keep rewinding to catch what they said. OR we don't want to wake up the others in our house by needing to turn up the volume, so using closed captioning is incredibly helpful. I think if a company had to charge for either of those, it should be HD rather than captions.

Why should they charge at all? It doesn't cost them one penny to broadcast the way it comes in from the satellite. I don't mind paying a fair price for a fair service, but it's not like they have to do anything to change the signal so my tv can receive HD and cc. This is just pure greed. It's like if the water company charged for water and then a premium for clean water.

Scholar
#363 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:39 PM
Pyjama bottoms are ripped...at my bum. Now I have to wear the less comfy ones
Field Researcher
#364 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Pyjama bottoms are ripped...at my bum. Now I have to wear the less comfy ones

Noooo! That is the worst!
Scholar
#365 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:10 AM
It is, and I can't buy the same/ similar brand cos the department store that sold them went bankrupt a few months ago
Field Researcher
#366 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:47 PM
My lead's boss sent me a friend request on Facebook. I'm part of her little makeup group and am friends with my lead, so I guess that's why. She's sweet but sneaky- I don't have anything on Facebook that I think is inappropriate, but I do have the occasional "Man today was a LONG day" type posts and I don't want her thinking it's me being unhappy with my job. But if I don't accept, she might take that as a sign that I don't like her or have something on there I don't want her to see. Hmm. :\
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#367 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:00 AM
My hair has gotten so long since last August that my Wet brush (I LOVE that brush) doesn't glide through my hair quite like it used to. The only size they had was a small one when I got it. I figured "That's ok, my hair is short and I've got time to get a bigger one". Now that I need the bigger one there's no way I can spend $10 on a brush. But still... man, I love that brush. (Seriously, everyone should have one. They just glide through wet hair.)
Scholar
#368 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 1:22 AM
My hair looks fookin' faaantastic rn but I'm not in the big city to flaunt it. Sad!

Scholar
#369 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:15 PM
My hair has grown enough that you can see the difference between the permenantly straightened hair and my curley hair. It looks weird.
Scholar
#370 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:20 PM
I need to pee, but I'm waiting on a phone call that could happen at any time. T.T

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#371 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I need to pee, but I'm waiting on a phone call that could happen at any time. T.T

You need to practice your stealth tinkles, so you can pee and phone with people at the same time.
Scholar
#372 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:07 PM
Game Of Thrones spoilers:

I'm still bummed about them though.

Scholar
#373 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
You need to practice your stealth tinkles, so you can pee and phone with people at the same time.

I would ask, but I'd much rather not.

I never even got the call. RUDE.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#374 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 4:22 PM
My co-worker's new car has a side-view camera that shows on the screen when his right turn blinker is on. The speedometer is also a color LCD screen. Now I feel like I need a car with side view camera and speedometer that's an LCD screen.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#375 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 4:58 PM
My dieting cats have figured out how to manipulate their automatic feeder.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Page 15 of 17