Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Grim and I are working on a gossip mod just now that works with fatal flaws and legendary traits, so far I have 810 strings for it, (30 entries for each trait) and Grim has found the code for event gossip, we're testing that part of it just now with drunk sims and fishing sims but brawling sims would be a good one to have. It works with text though on a controlled sim, I don't recall seeing a change in thought bubble on a non-controlled gossiping sim and don't know if that would be possible.

Lol at the reaper refusing the drink =D You can try and hit him with Grim's death spell as well, but he goes before the spell comes off, probably just as well.

Hi Chickie. You must be exercising those plans you mentioned some time ago, and so not around MTS too often of late. Hope all is going well for you in that line.

I wanted to leave a semi-short message to you and Grim, if he happens upon this thread, just to ask how this gossip mod you had been working on was coming, and if it might be ready pretty soon? The way I am viewing situations that might occur in game if a player had a gossip type mod, that it certainly would have the ability to liven up a game, and I mean "Liven" in terms of causing an effect of realism for the already so human-like Sims. I think that attribute of realism in the characteristics, as well as physical presence of sims is what keeps us players so enthralled for so long. I wholeheartedly believe EA Games owes all modders a substantial paycheck plus rewards for the hard work you have been doing, yes, but more so because if not for you keeping the sims games alive for so many, creating so much that was wanted and missing from these games by the developer's default scheme, if not for all of your work, EA Games would be LESS richer than they are to this day. I myself have bought different styles of TSM and P&N games since adding mods from here to my game...yes, I am crazy, never denied that....But my purchases of the different types, digital, and box, errr twice digital, but through different methods as it were, but making them is a lot to do with the excitement you all have added to TSM/PN to help me and others realize there is even MORE in the game we still have not seen, even for me who has been playing near everyday for 3 years no, only missing about 4 to 5 days in these 3 years.

It seems impossible, but as I had to reinstall TSM/P&N again for the 4th time as I reinstalled Windows, I had added Shimrods TSMP&NUnlocker a bit earlier in the game than last time, and whoa! I have a pirate ship mast bed I NEVER ever saw in the 2 1/2 years playing before. I didn't know there was such a thing. Course no sim of mine sleeps on it, not enough points for decor, nor comfort and rest. Its a mere 5, but we so like looking at it!

I sure hope you all are well. I have some questions for Grim, but I am uncertain how to approach him about them, as these mods of his I got from another sister site of MTS, the adult one, but its no rush or huge thing. It is only that I mention it here as he has not signed into the other site for quite some time. It will mend itself though likely, so bless, and have a blast at all you do, especially if its modding! LOL TC Chickie Toots, and Grim so Trim!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
a semi-short message

You're joking, right?
Scholar
#28 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 10:57 PM
I wanted to leave a semi-short message to you and Grim, if he happens upon this thread, just to ask how this gossip mod you had been working on was coming, and if it might be ready pretty soon?

Hi Xeny

If truth be told, I haven't looked at the gossip mod for a while. Been real busy with rl, it's been one of those moments in life where it never seems to stop, it's been the same for Grim as well.
I can pick the gossip mod up again if you want it finished. I can't really give you a time frame for it though unfortunately.
The last thing I made, I'm not sure you'll like. I modified the de-buffs to make it a little more challenging. Not by much at the moment just tagged on an extra -5 to each debuff and have still to check if life is overly horrifying for a lvl 1.

The gossip mod works with fatal flaws and legendary traits and with certain events, but Grim has to add the events in the core for them to be functional. He's added in fishing and drunk so far and they work really well.
The fatal flaws should have 30 individual gossip entries for each flaw when complete, only able to be spoken by a sim with that flaw.
To give you an idea of how far I have to go with it, I'm doing the flaws alphabetically and am only up to glutton so far, and each one before it doesn't have exactly 30 entries either, I've just entered what I've got so far. I haven't touched the legendary traits at all yet.
Could be a long time lol.

Hope you and Xylan are doing well and enjoying life
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Xeny : 6th Nov 2013 at 6:13 PM.
I love a challenge, Chickie, but when you say horrifying for a level 1 sim, the thought horrifies me! LOL The way I am looking at this "challenge" for a level one sim, in particular my knight, it probably would not be overly difficult, as usually when my knight comes on the scene, I have Xylan act as a second hero in whatever quest is played in which my knight participates, and what he does is engages any sim that is intended to sword fight with Reigh (knight) in a duel right before Reigh is to duel himself, so as to weaken the challenger. But other sims there is a good chance they will be more highly effected by your mod. But I am always willing to be your guinea pig, Darlin! Take your time, I have no cause to believe I might not be around to try it when you are ready to have it tested.

I had some new ideas for mods too, and finally I recalled that when I've been visiting MTS. I usually forget it as something else is on my mind. It would be great if there was a mod that made it so if a hero sim marries another hero sim, they having to live together in one home and not the other, so the other home not being lived in the sim who married and moved into their spouses home could still own the home they left.

To be more precise is once my Trader Dolla Daze married the monarch, and of course moved into the Throne Room/castle, but when she returned to the trader's home and store, she no longer had the ability to welcome other sims to home, or to ask them to leave. Misbehaving sims ran roughshod over her place, and her, and other sims. It was an unpleasant experience, so it ended in divorce, just so she could regain her ownership of the trader's lot and home. She disliked Xylan for the rest of the game, though they had been good together *wink*

Thanks lots of shots for your time Chickie. May some magical mice who love doing chores appear in your very busy life to ease your days and nights! Xylan is swell, and me, too, Chickie, and we wish the same for you and your king as well. By the way Chickie, do you have a special sim for all professions in your game, or just your monarch? You never mention the other sims you have, so am wondering. The best to you dear lady!

Edit: Chickie, one thing I would totally come near to kissing the ground ye walk on for is if in some way a mod, or some other solution could be made or found that would prevent the hair from a sims head from poking through the clothing of some styles. For example, if a male sim has the long hair style that V's on his forehead, and if wearing the Tredony's outfit, the one your monarch favors, his hair in the back pokes through the coller, as well as some of the Guildsman clothing. It disgusts me so much, I change either the hair style or the clothing of whatever sim is having this problem. Almost never does Xylan wear the Tredony outfit anymore, as when he is wearing the crown his hair pokes through the collar. It is quite unbecoming, and a great irritant. If this could be remedied, I would be happier than a flying kite from drinking 4 Tequila Shots! Oh indeed.

Xeny

To the typer Kawab, stick it where the sun don't shine. If you can't say something nice, keep your trap shut, then you'll have a slight chance someone will believe you are nice. Otherwise, you will prove you are not. Like now.

Quote:
Field Researcher
#30 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 5:28 PM
To the typer Kawab, stick it where the sun don't shine. If you can't say something nice, keep your trap shut, then you'll have a slight chance someone will believe you are nice. Otherwise, you will prove you are not. Like now.

I wasn't trying to prove to you that I'm nice. I know I'm not nice. Get a sense of humour, and maybe then people will believe you're nice too.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:41 PM
"I had some new ideas for mods too, and finally I recalled that when I've been visiting MTS. I usually forget it as something else is on my mind. It would be great if there was a mod that made it so if a hero sim marries another hero sim, they having to live together in one home and not the other, so the other home not being lived in the sim who married and moved into their spouses home could still own the home they left."

I agree, Xeny. I would love to have a mod that would allow them to remain in their own homes when they get married.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Xeny : 12th Nov 2013 at 3:47 PM. Reason: fixing typo
Hiya RoryAusten. Thanks for your support of a mod where hero sims when married to another hero sim can keep their ownership of their first home. Most of the Sims run their professions from within their homes as we know, and as we also know no matter what sim a hero sim marries, either another hero or even an NPC, no sim stops working in their profession after marriage, so it seems only logical that they should retain ownership of the establishment in which they work, just as it would be if it were real life. I guess its just one component in the game Maxis didn't consider. It sure would make for smoother game play.

The set of the Sims Medieval is quite frustrating even after 3 years of playing, in that the setting of furniture especially is not just difficult, but seems to play a part in some game crashes I experience. I am curious to know if anyone else experiences the green/red marker light sporadically shifting and running amok even while the mouse pointer and your hand are laying quite still while decorating inside a building in furnish mode? Does anyone else realize the building setting is not set upon its correct mark, but is actually in my best guess of sim size set off of its correct location by perhaps a sim half foot, maybe 6 sim inches? So when I am to put in a new fireplace, for instance, depending upon where I put it, and in what building, 1/4 to half of the fireplace has part of the building inside of its firehouse, meaning the hole where one makes the fire. I am not sure how, but I think this is also related to the hair poking through much of the clothing in the game, the worst of this is a female with long hair while wearing the Wizardess costume with the high collar. Thankfully there are few female wizards in my kingdom, but as this is very irritating, more so is the buildings being off set from the mark in which they should be placed.
I have grown to notice this more and more gradually as I've been continually playing. One does not take notice of such things when they are a beginner, but as one gets to know the game, as is typical, one sees stuff they wish was not there. I can't even comprehend how the heck a game could off set the whole of a frame of every building in a game like this. Its hard to tell if it was due to laziness, or accident when the game was made. I am associating the hair poking through clothing, with the offset of the buildings as they both are well, OFFSET.
So I am adding/editing information I mentioned to Chickie Toots in a previous comment, in order that any who might read this post would then perhaps realize a greater importance to a remedy to this awful setting for The Sims Medieval. Then MAYBE a great dialogue might take place, as many players might also be highly frustrated with this scenario, and help in making the awareness of it much larger than it is, for now it is small in my view, as I seem to be the only one who has mentioned it, but surely I am not the only one.

I believe it needs a great attention paid to it, so as if it be possible to repair such an error, the sooner its repair might come forthwith, and make not only myself, but all who suffer from this horrible error, as happy and excited as the first time their monarch woo-hooed the sim of their choice and had a sim baby....or close, or whatever else makes their bubbles float, screaming happily accepted.

Bless the modder who repairs this error ahead of time, but lets hope its possible to repair, first thing, then a harder hope will be it doesn't take 20 or more years for it to happen...if that be the case, there then would be a higher chance I would not be around to experience it, let alone test it. Oh the sad thought, be gone from me!

TC Y'all Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#33 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:49 AM
"I am curious to know if anyone else experiences the green/red marker light sporadically shifting and running amok even while the mouse pointer and your hand are laying quite still while decorating inside a building in furnish mode? Does anyone else realize the building setting is not set upon its correct mark, but is actually in my best guess of sim size set off of its correct location by perhaps a sim half foot, maybe 6 sim inches? So when I am to put in a new fireplace, for instance, depending upon where I put it, and in what building, 1/4 to half of the fireplace has part of the building inside of its firehouse, meaning the hole where one makes the fire. I am not sure how, but I think this is also related to the hair poking through much of the clothing in the game, the worst of this is a female with long hair while wearing the Wizardess costume with the high collar. Thankfully there are few female wizards in my kingdom, but as this is very irritating, more so is the buildings being off set from the mark in which they should be placed."

Xeny, I haven't noticed these specifically. The only time I've seen the wall encroach into the fire like that is when I've used the moveobjects on cheat to deliberately push a corner fireplace into the wall to save space. I then use masonry wall single tiles to make it look like it's complete. What I do have in my kingdom are two weird areas. The first is at the doctors clinic, in the waiting/reception room. Part of the floor is missing. It's by the far wall, opposite the entrance. There is an uneven chunk of the floor missing, starting on the right side and then narrowing as it moves along to the left. Floor tiles do nothing to cover it so I use large carpets to hide it. The second weirdness is at the blacksmith's house. In his room upstairs, between the 2 windows on the right there's an area that the sims can't get to. Nothing I put there can be used. The sim keeps doing the annoying, I-Can't-Get-There action as thought there's a fence up around that space. I like putting a bookcase there because it looks good, but if I do, it's purely decorative as they can't get at it. Rory
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22

Xeny, I haven't noticed these specifically. The only time I've seen the wall encroach into the fire like that is when I've used the moveobjects on cheat to deliberately push a corner fireplace into the wall to save space. I then use masonry wall single tiles to make it look like it's complete. What I do have in my kingdom are two weird areas. The first is at the doctors clinic, in the waiting/reception room. Part of the floor is missing. It's by the far wall, opposite the entrance. There is an uneven chunk of the floor missing, starting on the right side and then narrowing as it moves along to the left. Floor tiles do nothing to cover it so I use large carpets to hide it. The second weirdness is at the blacksmith's house. In his room upstairs, between the 2 windows on the right there's an area that the sims can't get to. Nothing I put there can be used. The sim keeps doing the annoying, I-Can't-Get-There action as thought there's a fence up around that space. I like putting a bookcase there because it looks good, but if I do, it's purely decorative as they can't get at it. Rory

I have the same in my docs place. I'm fairly certain that the holes inside are intentional by the developer's as to show an age since its medieval days, so is the same kind of holes in the throne room in the top right room on the second floor, just as the docs, and just as irritating.

But you should be able to see the offset of the throne room if you ever decorate where the meeting point of the entrance lies, where in the furnished kingdom the white rock style fences are placed, if you have ever tried the furnished throne room. You can look where the curb, if you will, is placed, where one might put a lamp there, or a statue to either welcome visitors or frighten them from entering...where the first guards are located, is better, look at the flooring, try to add a washing stand or a floor lamp, but a skinny one on each side of the entrance and try to place them equally, and I think you will see that one of them is partly poking into the curb, while the other lamp, or wash stand is a bit far from the curb on the other side. This is without moveobjects on or off, its in default. It can be very bad in the Reception hall at times, though I haven't experienced it there lately. My largest frustration concerning it, is the casks set and a lot of wall hangings of picture and large objects like the sun, they are blocked from placement as the offset of the building makes the game prevent its proper setting, as it thinks it is going into another object, when it is really 5 feet away!

Stunningly this night, a bad sim who was to be locked up in the interrogation chair by my monarch could not get into the chair though all other sims previously could with no problems all because I had moved a rug a simple inch in order to put in a bed for the Emperor's new kid. Its ridiculous. Sometimes a cask in the docs clinic or the wizards tower is made to sit as far back as an estimated sim 3 feet, so it snags a large part of the room so as to make it hard for sims to get to a destination, or there is not enough room to add necessary furnishings, such as a chamber pot. At least I have discovered that a sim can gussy up in a wall mirror that is set over a plant or other small object on the floor. That helps.

Well, I guess I'll just have to continue dreaming of a cure for my kingdoms ailment. Its better than no dreams at all.

TC Rory, and thanks for adding your experiences with this situation. It is good to know what other Medieval gamers are encountering.

Oh and by the way, my first blacksmith had the same situation with the spot you describe and the bookcase. I too add a bookcase, but on the left opposite the window, with two benches, as it keeps the invading sims upstairs with the books, and the large mirror, instead of hassling Qyall Quartz as he works, and sells, well I actually force them upstairs to check themselves out so as he can sell anything, or else they group together blocking Qyall and the customer from making a purchase, and causes him to lose them. It beats continually trying to drug them with sleeping drought, or killing them with Reaper's Scythe, or having the wizard present in order to cast a spell to prevent them from getting in the way, or having any other hero sim chat to one after another to keep them away, I mean the helping hero sim ends up knowing way too much info about thieving greedy and vain sims that they have no desire to know! And only to be confused later in the game when they lose a friend they never wanted to make, and didn't know they had...but ah well, life in the sim kingdoms do go on...But the situation of the bookcase area not being able to be accessed by my blacksmith did go away by itself. I think eventually it will for you, too.

Many things change in the game as you go along kingdom after kingdom. Once my trader died, so got another one, but she would no enter the building her home except to work in the day, she could not get in, so she stayed awake day in and day out until I figured to put a tent in the lot for her. She slept in it quest after quest, and even ambition after ambition. Finally for no apparent reason she began entering the Trader's House, and I've not had problems since. There was nothing blocking the door either, she would enter the place during the day, but at closing time, no way. My doc had been married to a trader but she died, and he remained in the house caring for 4 children not all his own even though I selected for him to go back to living at the clinic, I've had two monarch's before, and two knights, one having o kill the other, as there could only be one...it was crazy, it was weird, much like your facial spots on your queen. I've had some weird and very real experiences such as you describe with your queen and builder, and at the time I had thought someone had put a mickey in my coffee. But you have had the strange events, so I know now I was sober when they occurred in my game....right? I was sober? LMAO! ***wink***

Keep having fun, and sharing with us your experiences with the game, Rory. I am enjoying reading them immensely.

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:12 PM
A late follow up with a PIC showing the OFF SET of the throne room. I still wish for a way to correct the lopsided set of the kingdom in TSM-P&N. Maybe its impossible for modders to correct, but nonetheless, I continue to wish for it with my whole sim medieval loving heart!

Any who are interested, please notice the markings in the picture which I hope shows the off set of the entrance of the throne room building and the walls inside the throne room. I hope they make it easier for one to spot the error and or laziness of the developers when they pronounced themselves FINISHED and put this game on sale. I tell you the error of the misplacement of all the buildings in the kingdom in the game has caused me much mucho problemo's since I first put the disc in my DVD ROM til today using the digital version.

I know all other Medieval gamers have the issue too. If its fixable and some great modder repairs it, may the Almighty Himself do way more than simply Bless You!

Xeny

Pic below:

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:26 PM
A hunter, an herald (who could patrol too in order to help diplomatic relations), farmer of course, one of those who take care of horses in the stables (which I don't know the word for in english), a painter... and the best of all, please an ALQUEMIST!
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:23 PM
By a monsterhunter you mean a witcher ( a cross between a spy, a knight and a wizard) , a herald (who could patrol too in order to help diplomatic relations), farmer of course, one of those who take care of horses in the stables (which I don't know the word for in english), a painter... and the best of all, please an ALQUEMIST!

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM Last edited by Eggyslav : 1st Sep 2018 at 1:14 AM.
Here's one I'd love to see: An undertaker, he could live between Jacobian and Peteran churches, in a small house, he could use surgery table to embalm corpses, take care of graveyard, and go on adventures in the cave. His new object would be a hearse (in the form of a horse pulled black cart with coffin inside) it is used to place the body ready for burial. Undertaker's unique gameplay mechanic would be burying the dead.

Burying the dead: It would look like this: To bury the dead, the Undertaker needs a shovel, and a body. The body can be obtained by searching the forest, the sea, village, or the cave (that could be used as makeshift morgue) or you can get it from a townie when you get the responsibility. The body functions as an inventory object, that you can interact with: You can use Surgery table, to increase it's quality (and slow the decay rate) or dissect it (lowers body's quality, but can give you useful items), Fireplace (without cauldron) to burn it (the only way to get rid of spoiled bodies, and gives you a nice urn to sell, or decorate your house with in buy mode), and the Hearse, to bury it. The body's quality (Perfect, Fresh, Good, Decent, Mediocre, Poor, Smelly, Putrid, Dessicated, Awful) determines how much simoles you earn by burial, and the body spoils and decays over time, gradually loosing it's quality. Having in the inventory a body of smelly or lower quality, can give you negative moodlets, or even plague. The burial itself looks like this: When the body is put in the hearse, and the Undertaker has a shovel equipped, clicking on the ground will reveal new option: dig a grave. The higher Undertaker's level is the faster he digs. When the grave is ready, you can place the body. Either of the priests appear and give the body last rites (at lvl 5, you can do it yourself). then the body is buried. If your sim is evil or greedy, he/she can rob the graves.

His responsibilities would be: Collect wildflowers (to decorate the graves), prepare body (on surgery table), communicate with the dead (a ghost would spawn and give him/her a quest), recieve body from family (just talk to a townie, and he/she will give you a body), write obituaries (on pulpit), bury the dead.

Ranks and levels: Ranks are as following:

1. lvl 1-4: Grave Digger
2. lvl 5-9: Keeper of the Dead
3. lvl 10 -infinitum: Master Mortician

Levels:

1. Can dig graves, collect, bury and burn bodies. Digging speed*: very slow
2. Can dig graves, collect, bury, and burn bodies. Digging speed: slow
3. Can dig graves, collect, embalm, bury, and burn bodies. Digging speed: slow, Max Corpse quality**: Mediocre
4. Can dig graves, collect, embalm, bury, and burn bodies. Digging speed: rather slow, Max Corpse Quality: Mediocre
5. Can dig graves, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, and burn bodies. Digging speed: rather slow, Max Corpse Quality: Decent
6. Can dig graves, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, and burn bodies. Digging speed: medium, Max Corpse Quality: Decent
7. Can dig graves, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, Dissect and burn bodies. Digging speed: medium, Max Corpse Quality: Good
8. Can dig graves, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, Dissect and burn bodies. Digging speed: rather fast, Max Corpse Quality: Good
9. Can dig graves, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, Dissect and burn bodies. Digging speed: rather fast, Max Corpse Quality: Fresh
10. Can dig graves, Summon Grim Reaper***, Perform Last Rites, collect, embalm, bury, Dissect and burn bodies. Digging speed: fast, Max Corpse Quality: Perfect

Further levels enhance grave digging speed.

* The speed in which the sim digs the graves and covers them.
** The quality up to which you can enhance the body while embalming it.
*** When you reach the Master Mortician rank you can summon Grim Reaper himself, and socialize with him for 12 ingame hours, If you befriend him, you'll get a new shovel: The Netherspade, which can dig graves (and treasure) instantly. You also will get a moodlet, that will make you immune to deseases and poisons.
Instructor
#39 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:35 PM
The monarchs' child could age up to a teen and we would have a quest to find him/her a husband/wife. If they are a girl and marry into a country ruled by a king (or a prince would be a good candidate), then your child will travel and is deleted from the game. Same with a boy if he marries to a queen or princess. But you could choose these, depends on if you want your child to be around or you don't want to see them or just the sake of your preferred storyline.
So the another choice would be that your child needs someone, and some suitors would come and they need to prove themselves worthy of your child and then your child marry them...

And your teen child would do royal tasks, travel, help around, learn royal stuff... Like what if they become a playable hero.

What if they hate the monarch? They could battle the monarch or poison them like the spy. Then take the throne. And reform the country.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:17 PM
A gossip mod sounds great!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 6:52 PM
Tailor

- Same as stylist in TS3 Ambitions. Would be able to change appearence of NPCs (no more ugly NPCs!!) Would tailor costumes, disguises, would craft jeweleries from gems or so. Higher level tailor would unlock new outfits with rare items. Jeweleries would add buffs and increase social interaction success (because you would look sexy)

Ranger would be good too. But I couldnt design an interesting gameplay mechanism to it. It would be similar to knight a lot; hunt and so.
Page 2 of 2