Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:40 PM Last edited by Billy_Wroth : 23rd Aug 2014 at 7:42 PM.
CC Tattoos & TS4 Texture Maps
Hello guys! Basically I've been member of MTS for some time but I never understood very well the whole modding stuff and never truly entered in the forums, so this is my first post. I've been reading and experimenting for some time, nothing that serious but seriously the worst part comes at the meshing because I definitely suck at it. Anyway, I made a promise to myself that I will give more effort in sims 4 (even more because it seems to be lighter and nicer to load CC) at least to get to know how stuff works and be capable to do my own CC. Then I got the demo and it amazed me with the new tattoos, so I got the ideia to make a half-body tribal tattoo using Color magic, Photoshop and S4PE. The result:

There is a problem in the tattoo that you can see in the second image. I'm still learning a lot yeah, cuz I'm a novice in this stuff (even more cuz this is my first trial on sims 4), so my guess is that the tattoo texture isn't matching due texture mapping. below is a image of the PSD file that I'm using to create, it seems that there is a border where the tattoo is cutoff near the head texture (because in the photoshop you can see the neck tribal with 3 circles when in game we can see only one and the others cut down).

Note that the tattoo is located in a superior layer above the body that I use as a reference. Can someone please explain to me how to work with the texture maps (if there is the possibility to work with then in any graphic editor)? Also I want to know if I double the texture size to decrease the perception of the pixels, because I already blurred the tattoos textures in order to look softer but I get this:

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:56 AM
Is there anything different that you need to do to use CC Tattoos in game? I tried, but the demo keeps crashing on me when I select it. It works fine for CC clothing I've made, but not tattoos. Any tips?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
Is there anything different that you need to do to use CC Tattoos in game? I tried, but the demo keeps crashing on me when I select it. It works fine for CC clothing I've made, but not tattoos. Any tips?

I was having a lot of trouble when I tried the first time, but I not very sure of what I did there XP Tell me your process, maybe I can help you out!
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:34 PM
I figured it out this morning. Apparently, it has to do with the name you choose in ColorMagic. They haven't quite figured out the pattern yet, but certain names cause it to generate certain IDs that crash the game. The solution? Try a different name.