Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keeponsimmin

I'm also seeing a few dining chairs on an angle; could that actually be done in TS3? Like...could the sims still eat at the table if the chairs were on an angle?

You can grab an item, press alt and rotate freely and sims can still use the item. With dining, the chair has to snap to the table, to be usable but the table can be rotated any way you want. Sometimes when sims eat, they will pull the chair to an angle, eat while holding the plate, while still using the table. I'm thinking it's probably something like that. Unless the table and chair snap, the sims won't know the chair/table is a pair.

When it comes to graphics, I really liked the outside screenshots. Of the sims I rank them TS3 -> TS4 -> TS2. Of course this is a unfair comparison because TS2 is so old but I've been playing it again to try out the witches and I can only play it 20 minutes max before I get the urge to play TS3 both for game-play purposes and for being able to look at something pretty.

I don't think people should get all upset about sim looks. Just wait for CC and custom skins and you can have them as realistic/cartoony as you wish.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 12:07 PM
I agree with the environments of the TS4 screenies - I've been scrutinizing them as I *try* to warm up to the Sims' looks, and the outside looks pretty neat - very lush and green. And the houses don't look too bad, either..

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Or Simstasy. I mean, you know, it could just be a woohoo location for fans who are obsessed with woohoo spots.

Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
As Archer put it: "What, are you trying to get my mother into the million mile high club?"

Agreed, it can and will most likely be a woohoo location. But given the comments from a producer "I'd like my sim to go to the moon" and the fact it's a large, detailed object with a launching pad, I'm very certain it will have functionality, at least as limited as the H.A.B. as in / lift-off -> vanish -> hey, we're back / sequence.
Theorist
#54 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 4:34 PM
I'm quite pleased with the TS3 sims I make now, thanks to slider hacks, and CC skins and hair make them even more awesome, better than some of these TS4 sims (IMO). However, I think the TS4 sims look great, when taken into perspective. I mean, these sims in the screenshots were made by EA, and they look pretty damn good for EA-made sims. I would totally play with any of the sims in the screenshots, and I think that couple is particularly good looking and hope they come with the TS4 base game hood. In comparison, when I got TS3, every single Sunset Valley sim made me go, "AAAUGH! FUGLY!" The very first thing I did when I got TS3 was make my own sim in CAS, because ALL the pre-mades were just YUCK! I couldn't bring myself to play with any of them! Even the first sims I made were... not that great, but it does really look like it might be easier to make better looking TS4 sims right off the bat. I mean, it must be, if EA can do it! Even after all these years, save for a few sims in Bridgeport and one or two in other hoods, TS3 pre-mades are still fugly and they only exist for my lovingly crafted sims to abuse. The way I see it, if TS4 EA pre-mades look this good out of the box, I'm excited to see what I can do in CAS.

Granted, I agree with the people who preferred more realistic looking sims. Cartooney is cute, but really not my style preference. However, cartooney is what The Sims franchise has always been about. The cartooney look and silly humor kind of go together. If you were hoping for hyper-realism, I think you'll always be disappointed because I don't see it ever happening with anything in "The Sims" brand. Though, I do expect there will be CC hair and skin that will make them more realistic.

That girl in the mockups does look crazy, but not really a surprise, I think that was the chick that had problems with soap. On the plus side, it's good to see they finally have low-cut cleavage-baring tops.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#55 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 4:45 PM
I hope they haven't already started with the 'Sims gets into rocket and launches', about 30 seconds later 'Sim gets thrown out of the rocket at lightening speed and becomes dazed and disoriented'. Right after this eventful episode we are greeted by a pop-up...

"Congratulations for being the first Sim ever to venture to the moon and back! During this wild adventure you came across a new breed of alien gnomes who pelted you with rocks. How fortunate to have caught a few to bring back to Simland. Decorate your home with these once in a lifetime exquisite rocks to give your home that modern flair you've always dreamed of!"

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 5:19 PM
Well... That's probably the gist of it, although if the trend they're following is more interactions, more emotions, instead of a TS3 pop-up and object reward, you may obtain a more impacting change personality-wise, or the amateur astronaut sim could return to a world that feels dull, bland, lacking something after the awesomeness of outer space.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Correction:

ANYTHING is better than The Sims 3.

I agree with you , sims1 was even better it was old but had charm and some things sims3 didn't have
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Particularily interesting set from Snooty Sims.

The second one is more interesting as it's a mockup of the 'more feelings/emotions' phrase they've been using. If they can achieve something like this, gameplay will be more interesting.

I'm pretty sure these are fake. The last three are the same as "Pleased" except for they have the eyes from the TS4 Eyes ad photoshopped on. "Eyebrow variation pleased" has the "bonus" of badly recolored hair. Only "Pleased" seems to be genuine.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#59 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 7:06 PM
I like that not one single outfit is tucked in on those sims. Who tucks in their shirt nowadays anyway!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Instructor
#60 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
I like that not one single outfit is tucked in on those sims. Who tucks in their shirt nowadays anyway!

The wasted potential. Urkel
Page 3 of 3