Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:19 PM
Default The Gamescom Sims 4 Reveal
Info has been released!! Comment on what you think!! I for one, am pre-ordering. The way they look was my only drawback. But I love them, however I wish there was more. Thoughts?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Stuff revealed at the show:

• Much more emotional based gameplay.

• Push and Pull build tools.

• Set the sims walking style and height.

• VooDoo Dolls!

• New social options everytime you talk.

• The style of your house, can affect your sims moods and what social options are available. (Example: More pink and flirty objects make sims aroused)

Additionally, EA and Maxis will be allowing games com attendees to play, and many sims created will be featured in the game.

The Sims 4 website will be live later here, where you will be allowed to officially pre order: http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4

this is pretty much it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:21 PM
They looked acceptable... but nothing else I saw made me think I would like TS4 better than TS3, which isn't how I felt when I first saw TS3 compared to TS2.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:22 PM
I'm hoping the way a house was built - dropping rooms and dragging the walls - is only one way to build. I'd like to keep traditional build mode.

The trailer was really cool. It started with the green light and it's just like 'sims'. More green light. 'Sims!'. And then they showed the plumbob and I squeed. xD Managed to terrify my cat.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:28 PM
Except height was never mentioned. So that part should probably be removed from the above post. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Except height was never mentioned. So that part should probably be removed from the above post. =)

I was exactly going to say the same thing. xD
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Allspice : 20th Aug 2013 at 3:47 PM.
It was short, but it was the EA press conference and they had other games to show off besides TS4 so meh. The way the sims look and act is very appealing to me, but I hope it's not that easy to change their mood. They said it wouldn't be instant, but it seemed to be awfully easy in that short scenario. Maybe it had something to do with their personality that made them more sensitive to certain things? IDK. Though that sim that was angry was made angry by a voodoo doll so that's probably not a fair representation of how the emotions work.

Overall, very short and they didn't tell use much we didn't already know but I liked it for the most part. We'll see more on Thursday and I'm sure the simmers at Gamescom will show us a bunch of stuff when they can in the meantime.

ETA: I am glad to see they took some popular things from the TS3 store and put them in the base game for TS4: the violin, basketball, voodoo doll...I wonder what else there is.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:34 PM
I really don't want to sound bitter, but as a fan since 2000 and a community member since 2001 (and later also moderator) of the nordic sites, I feel really disappointed. Which is weird, since my disappointment began by the first stuff pack that was released to Sims 2.

I just feel that, from what I've seen so far, that it's a Sims 3.5. Or rather, this is what Sims 3 should've looked like.
I feel that they think it's the 'next generation' but really... I mean, "OMG VOODOO DOLL!" doesn't excite me as much as it used to when I was 12.

I wanted a mature (not in _that_ way), intelligent and balanced game with fantastic graphics but that also took the game to a new level. Maybe a multiplayer-function (not always online mind ya!), or like... a way to create whole neighborhoods and a 'feel' to these neighborhoods.

Yes, I should wait before I judge, but honestly... Since I've been so disappointed with EA and the way they've been pushing out EP's to Sims 3 without any sense of consistency and thought behind it, I'm not optimistic about this.

Oh well. I'll wait and see.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:38 PM
Meh. Haven't seen anything yet that would make me interested in reinvesting several hundred dollars in a new Sims game.

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:40 PM
I'm going to really hate the "rooms make sims feel emotion" crap. I mean, what if I don't WANT my sim to be flirty and the sim isn't meant to be flirty or even naturally a flirt and then BOOM! They go into a room and they want all the sims! The heck? I hope this is NOT how it's going to be.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
They go into a room and they want all the sims! The heck? I hope this is NOT how it's going to be.

Don't worry, someone will mod bromide powder you can add to their drinks. That'll keep things down...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:48 PM
Hehe....I look forwards to seeing and learning more. It's far more goofy to me than I anticipated but it doesn't make me any less interested or excited by it.

I can't wait to get my hands on CAS and start stretching those sims around and moulding them to my liking. I seriously doubt there is a height option to be honest. To me, that's not a big deal however. I like that we'll be able to choose how the sims walk, and I also hope there will be MORE voices to choose from.

I hope there are lots of videos to come yet, especially from some of the people who have gone to Gamescom.
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
They looked acceptable... but nothing else I saw made me think I would like TS4 better than TS3, which isn't how I felt when I first saw TS3 compared to TS2.

Maybe my expectations were really low and that is why I'm impressed? I don't know I've just been so disappointed with Sims 3 all these years and I was always looking for the next Sims game to be great gameplay wise.

I know that was just a small portion of what was shown but I'm really liking these Sims and interactions so far. I'm excited to see more.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:54 PM
I just rewatched the gameplay, and guess what!!! hair moves!! Yay!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlyAce
I just rewatched the gameplay, and guess what!!! hair moves!! Yay!

I didn't see any of that. Where?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#16 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:26 PM
What hair is moving? I didn't see any of it - in fact, I saw plenty of places where the hair SHOULD have moved and didn't.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:41 PM
I've just rewatched too and I didn't see any movement in hair. A little bend here and there to the most, but no movement. If we're well talking about the gameplay trailer, there's a guy with messy brown hair (not one of the 2 main characters) and at some point he shakes his head madly. Nothing moves, not a bit.
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:56 PM
Just watched games introducing in gamescom.TS4 reveal does not affect me at all.I was much more excited about Dragon Age Inquisition :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 5:03 PM
The more I watch it, the more I worry about the fact that all we've seen are single adults.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 5:58 PM
I was very disappointed when they focused so much on emotions. More social micromanagement just doesn't do it for me. I've always enjoyed the "build it and they shall come" approach, where I act more as a guiding hand than a direct controller. Without too much prejudice, it's like they are trying to steer the Sims even further away from the male gender. Our genetic make-up means we simply aren't rewarded for the emotional stuff in our brains. The Sims 2 allowed the more strategic play, because the Sims themselves simply werent capable. Sims 3 added so many interactions and requirements for which the Sims themselves still show no initiative. This turns it into a micromanagement game. I wanted it more macro/meso.
Scholar
#21 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:09 PM
Emotions,emotions,emotions....I am already sick of this word when they keep repeating like a parrots.ts2 and ts3 sims also have emotions by the way.so how more sims can be emotionally?different animations? wow......

Also that repeating makes me think that those "emotions" are main their trump,cuz they can't show anything else instead those emotional sims.
Besides,why they don't show another age groups?It's really suspicious
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:32 PM
I personally would like to know more about the neighbourhood - will it remain open, or go back to being closed like TS2? More questions - have they fixed the 'empty Symdrome' community lots issue? What kind of community lots can we create in the base game? Are rabbitholes gone for good (at the very least, careers can have them I guess)? What about cars? And these tram tracks on the road? What are these so-called creative tools all about, besides CAS? Is CASt still there? What do the other age groups look like? How extreme are these emotions they keep yabbering about - will we be able to keep a reign on them, so our Sims aren't crazy expressive? How will they affect legacy players, storytellers etc...? Is that Lego hair ever gonna move? Is every piece of furniture tied to emotions now? What else can you show us that will stop us from rioting in the streets?

...Titanium white...