Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by agnes940
(...) So basically certain events could open up for certain traits. In TS3, when a child is born and you don't get to choose what traits they should start off with they are just randomly selected - instead of that, maybe the way that the baby's mother lived during the pregnancy affects the personality of the baby. This sounds like a good idea to me, but then again, I might just be too optimistic...

I like your ideas. I've hoped for a long time that we see an emergent personality system in the Sims. The way pets in TS3 could acquire new traits through repeated behaviors was certainly interesting, but I'd like something a bit more subtle.
If specific events (or even better, a combination of events) could open up unique personalities, behaviors, talents and more, that could really be great and help define unique Sims. Two "evil" Sims wouldn't be evil for the same reasons and wouldn't be evil exactly in the same way. A strong memory system is mandatory for this, and the fact that EA hints at it is a step in the right direction.

But, I wouldn't want this emergent personality system to be mandatory and restrictive either: as in this "must be unlocked -through grinding - to be available".
  • Every trait (or whatever is used to define personality) should be freely available in CAS. No more hidden traits please.
  • There should be several ways to "overcome" an event in live mode, the easiest being the cheat code.
  • But repeated/regular actions (= player interventions) could change a Sim's personality in another direction.
  • Some reward objects could be the middle way, they give you great/magical powers but they have to be earned by gaining LTHP with your Sims (or you could cheat that too).

Wait and see what they show on Thursday.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 8:41 AM
In regards to only showing one age, could this possibly be because they have done something to the other ages or the way that ageing is handled which they plan to show off later? I'd be down for smoother ageing if they've implemented something like that.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
I guess this is what depresses me the most about Sims-fans in general.
We basically know nothing about the new base game of The Sims 4 and people are already wondering about EPs. Now, how about making a base game that is interesting enough that it doesn't NEED a buggy EP after three months? How about a base game that includes most obvious stuff (weather, whatever was included in Generations) so that when the eventual EP's actually come out, they're not rushed and stupid, but actually brings a lot of awesome and well-thought of stuff to the game... an EP they've been working on for a while?

This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone, everyone can be excited about whatever they want.

i agree with this, as in the things included in generations should be in the base game.. maybe rain and wind in the base game as well, but there's no need for full on weather. i can wait for an expansion for it.

blah. i still like the look of ts3 sims more.
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 11:20 AM
I screamed at the demo, I hate the look of the Sims and the fact this game is not giving me any positive thoughts of this game. It is more cartoony and true the new emotions me work better when it comes out but it seems well at least to me that the have but more attention on the customastion of things and changing the gameplay for sims by making everything pulling and placing. Does this game have a buy mode, bulid mode or CAS?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#105 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 8:39 PM
Hmmm, right now I feel a bit meh about it all. It doesn't look bad, but so far it's not convincing me that it is worth switching over from the Sims 3. Well, perhaps as more information is released I'll change my mind.

Also while I don't hate the look of the new sims I was hoping they'd design them more like the sims from Sims Medieval.
Instructor
#106 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 9:07 PM
Other than the hair I quite like the graphics. I'm glad it's not super realistic. The sims has always been goofy and making them too realistic and uncanny would be weird in my opinion. Don't like the sound of this new mood system though :/ It is early days though so I'll wait and see

By the looks of it my current computer may be able to run it fine :D

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
You'd think that because not being open would have been a step backwards. But they've already gotten rid of CAST and people keep comparing it to TS2. Who's to say Open Neighborhoods wont get the boot next :P

What?!?!?!? No CAST? O____________O
Page 5 of 5