Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 12:54 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 8th Aug 2013 at 5:44 AM.
Default When The Sims 4 game release? What will you do?
^ Top of the question... ^

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:22 PM
None of the above. I'll get some popcorn ready and watch the drama unfold on the forums.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:44 PM
I'll see.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:54 PM
Not touching it until it's been out for several months and all the glitches/stupid intentional shit have been discussed and dealt with.

In other words, I totally don't trust them not to sneak always-online DRM or fuck it up in some other way and then refuse to issue refunds.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:57 PM
Will see.But one thing I know -not gonna be one of those who try to get game quickly as they can.First I will want to hear another simers opinion about game and decide if it's worth my money.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 3:25 PM
well if it's good and i like it then i'll get it if i have the money, i bet there's going to be some stupid increase in price.
if i don't like i'll just ignore it like i did with simcity 2013.
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 3:38 PM
I'm going to watch Buffy.

And visit this site and MATY for reviews to see if it's worth purchasing.
Site Helper
#8 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:12 PM
I'll wait for a while and see what people have to say about it. By then, it should be cheaper.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:20 PM
I'll look at previews to decide whether I'll buy it, and if I like it, I'll probably buy it soon after the release.
Alchemist
#10 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I'll look at previews to decide whether I'll buy it, and if I like it, I'll probably buy it soon after the release.

Same here
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 9:39 PM
Wait for a few weeks to see how bad EA screwed up this time, and give a chance for modders to have at it and hopefully fix the worst of the bugs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:05 PM
US release early than AUS and other countries. I have to wait at least 3/4 days for the release at AU. If the game is acceptable to buy it. I will go to the store and buy it.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Forum Resident
#13 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:10 PM
I will hang out here and at other Sims sites for a few days, and if people are saying good things and the DRM doesn't sound too bad and so on, then I will probably go to Wal-Mart and pick it up.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:53 PM
Probably sit back with some popcorn and Coke (most likely with a baby in my lap) to watch the screenshots and hype and wank filter in across various forums - it's always better to go a few days before getting it, to really get a heads-up about game bugs and general wank you may experience.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:58 PM
Wait until it's patched and modded to hell.
Inventor
#16 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'll glance at it, laugh, and continue to play TS2.
Alchemist
#17 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:09 AM
Play it, then pop by here and tell you all how much I hate it.
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:51 AM Last edited by Legislacerator : 7th Aug 2013 at 5:01 AM.
I'll wait until I get a new computer that can actually run it, and for the game to go on sale to an affordable price, because you know it's going to be at LEAST $50 at release, and there's no way I can justify paying that for any one game.

(am I the only one who remembers when games used to be around $30 on release date?)

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 5:01 AM
Laugh, watch a few reviews and then gradually nitpick about what game play features I saw in said reviews in hopes of keeping my self amused, despite not having actual hands on experience with the game.

Y'all been warned.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 5:54 AM
Be at school, come home, look online, read a few reviews, laugh at the stupid, headdesk at the stupider, sigh about all the bugs and the lackluster new game, mope a bit, and then fix my computer's graphics card so I can play TS2 again.

Alternatively, I'll be at school, come home, look online, read a few reviews, and be envious that I can't get it.

It'll probably be the first one, though. Crossing my fingers for the second, but I don't think that I'll be impressed.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:22 AM
I'll be waiting eagerly to see what the American's think of it first, since they get it first. But I'm sure to wait a bit longer to see what kind of bug reports come rolling in on the forums. Depending on how it looks and what people say will determine if I then rush out and buy it or if I hang on a bit longer. I know what I'm like, I will want to test it out for myself. I remember installing sims 2 with some trepidation as I had intended to get making magic (never got it ) Thought the graphics were a bit much for about 5 minutes but got hooked. Never loaded sims 1 again. So I never say never. It may be as disappointing as sims 3 but then maybe again it could be great. I won't pass judgment until I've played it myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:32 AM
I might have this statement come back to haunt me, but I plan on reading and look at screens everyone will post. If the Sims 4 doesn't have anything that is supreme, I will pee and set myself on fire if I don't have it, premier game play, then I will have to pass until way down the road and the game is cheaper, modding has been figured and worked out. I hope it's worth the time to read about this series.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 6:54 AM Last edited by boobzilla : 7th Aug 2013 at 10:15 AM.
im going to read other peoples objective opinions and judgements on it so i can use them to form one of my own based upon them.

also im going to have judged it already since before we know anything about it, and continue to play ts2 while still lurking the ts4 forums.

it amuses me that people think ea maxis developers are actually paying attention to these forums and give a fraction of a turd about our complaints

majority of those of which wont consider getting it regardless
Forum Resident
#24 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 7:10 AM
i will look at it and put my money back in my wallet
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 9:30 AM
I steel feel the burn of Simcity 2013 when in spite of all the doubts I still had, I rushed out to buy it on release. Epic failure of course, but I know the fan girl in me is week. For TS4, I'll try resist the urge to buy for something like... 1 month maybe? Knowing my lack of will power when it comes to Sims related stuff, it's the longest time I can sensibly expect to wait.

A month to read and view players' reviews and opinions. I don't trust the gaming news site (most looked stupid during the Simcity fiasco) to give any good (knowledgeable, honest, critic) review. I'm afraid many of the usual "fan sites" will be over enthusiastic and only cheer at the new shiny game, but lack any distance to critic the weaker aspects. I hope LGR will review TS4 because I find his opinions spot on most of time. I'll visit the forums here and at MATY, because if there is anything to critic, these are places I trust to be able to give a broader view of the game.

A month to let the "it's shiny and new" effect dissipates a bit too. A month to have an idea of how modable TS4 can be? What kind of DRM scheme is included (for real, not PR smoke screen)? How much "online crap" is in the game and how intrusive is it?

And if anything looks bad, this time I'll have a bit more respect for the old fan in me (and my wallet) and I'll postpone buying.
Page 1 of 4