Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 5:00 PM
Default Opinions on multiple festival lots
I'm currently in the process of creating comunity lots in my world in a fairly busy area of town. I wanted to try using the festival lot marker on multiple lots so the the entire town has a slightly different feel by changing the decor in the less tourist filled seasons.

I was wandering what you guys thought of this idea, or if there might be issues that I'm missing?

I'd love to hear what you have to say and I'm willing to post pics if need be.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 7:19 PM
Please post images so we can see what you are doing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:36 PM
It's still very much a work-in-progress but this is what I have.

The java hut is more colourful during the summer when the tourists are around and in the winter is more toned down to make the towns' residents feel comfortable.

There's also a kind of treasure hunt in the world were your sims can find chests in hidden or hard to reach places, like the one on the balcony of the java hut, it only appears in the summer and you have to teleport to via zeneport or teleportation pad.

The area between the office and the theater I made into a park that has small activities or themed art with the different seasons, also the grocery store has a hotdog eating contest ouside in the summer.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:16 AM
I think this is a great idea! A technicality as far as wording, though, you are working with the seasonal lot marker. It allows you to have common items that are always on the lot as well as additional different items for each season. I believe that you should only have one lot designated as a Festival lot type.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:07 AM
Thanks, sorry that's what I meant.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 3:42 AM
Hi Gecko_sis
It looks really good so far, and is a great idea. You may already have this link to the tutorial Sim Guru Graham posted on TS3 official forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...nal-lot-markers . In this tutorial he says the more seasonal markers you place in the world, the bigger the hit you will take regarding game performance. So depending on your computer, you may have to use them carefully. I think you will have to experiment to find out how many is too many. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 2:12 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely keep this in mind while I'm working on it. I only plan on doing it in two small areas in the world where there would be a lot of tourists.