Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
Replies: 1907 (Who?), Viewed: 164329 times.
Page 77 of 77
Alchemist
#1901 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 1:20 AM
Baked potatoes...loaded.

I bought a huge bag of the largest Burbank Russets I first came across for the first time in 7 years.

They were pretty big, like someone hijacked a restaurant supplier shipment and sold them to the general public.

It has been a while since I've had potatoes this large.

With the uncovering of the Hunger Stones due to drought saying in German "If you can read this, starting weeping", the Belgians are going to lose their shit if they find we still have large potatoes. (Potato crops are lousy in Belgium, among other things related to the Hunger Stones)

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#1902 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 5:16 PM
Black bean and green onion nachos with blue corn chips.

Blue corn chips? Chips made from Masa derived from blue corn.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#1903 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Oct 2018 at 7:44 PM.
Made some cupcakes with chocolate bits and mocca-flavored chocolate cream, and a few with strawberries inside. Tasted great! (It's really a store-bought cupcake mix, but I spiced them up a little, and they turned out really yummy). Also made some scones (that too from a store-bought mix), which turned out alright.
Mad Poster
#1904 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:37 PM
One-crust pie; got a recipe from neighbor. Forgot what a mess I make of crust; flour and grease everywhere. The phone is greased - I didn't even touch the phone! And down the hall is now the cutest kitty foot prints. I did this to use up the frozen white peaches from my tree. Bad idea; I tried to get the liquid out with a colander, then boil the liquid down. Added tapioca. Added flour. Added more tapioca. Finished product was peach soup with a top crust. And the peach pieces were now a shade of gray. I ate the crust with jam.
In other news, I make a lovely mango salsa when I cook fish. And like a side of cabbage slaw; I use a package with 2 kinds of cabbage, and make a dressing of mayonnaise and miracle whip with a bit of milk, lemon juice, maybe bits of apple. Is miracle whip a US thing?

Namaste
Mad Poster
#1905 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Oct 2018 at 3:06 PM.
Grammapat, according to Wiki, miracle whip is basically a less expensive mayonnaise alternative. Not sure about the brand, but the company behind it is international, so it's possible the product is sold under different names elsewhere. I haven't seen it where I live.
Theorist
#1906 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:51 PM
Penne Arabita.

Take me to the Pyramids, come down in your spaceship
Take me to the Pyramids, Anubis
So much mystery in the stone
Mad Poster
#1907 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:53 PM
Oven-baked cod with roasted potatoes, bacon and veggies.
Mad Poster
#1908 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Grammapat, according to Wiki, miracle whip is basically a less expensive mayonnaise alternative. Not sure about the brand, but the company behind it is international, so it's possible the product is sold under different names elsewhere. I haven't seen it where I live.

=
They don't taste the same. And per their labels, mayo has more eggs, miracle whip has more sugar and vinegar PLUS paprika, garlic, etc that mayo does not have.

Namaste
Page 77 of 77