Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 183 (Who?), Viewed: 5966 times.
Page 8 of 8
Scholar
#176 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:25 AM
As I am sure you all are tired of hearing, I play legacy style, so almost all sims I play other than a few I have created to be spouses when there is nothing of interest in town, have been born in the game whether in my family or game generated. I have had some darn good looking sims in the family and offhand cannot remember a butt ugly one. I may have tweaked a nose or so over the years, but I guess the family has good genes, and fugly townies do not marry in. I know they are quirky, but I like them, I get a tad tired of the eye rolls and looking at the ceiling, but I think the Sims in 3 are fun to play.
Instructor
#177 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 7:20 AM
I have had some utterly hideous born in game sims Most of my sim children, when I actually have families often turn out looking awful, because of the prominent features, especially noses, that my sims normally have.

I did have some luck with one of my couples once, who produced ( I thought ) two really nice looking children that actually didn't require any editing except having a change of hairstyle. They are teenagers in these pictures and are actually a fair mixture of both of their parents, which is surprising to me since my sim children are usually horrors, or clones of one or the other parent. The boy did grow into those ears and that forehead when he aged to YA

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#178 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pary
I have had some utterly hideous born in game sims Most of my sim children, when I actually have families often turn out looking awful, because of the prominent features, especially noses, that my sims normally have.

I did have some luck with one of my couples once, who produced ( I thought ) two really nice looking children that actually didn't require any editing except having a change of hairstyle. They are teenagers in these pictures and are actually a fair mixture of both of their parents, which is surprising to me since my sim children are usually horrors, or clones of one or the other parent. The boy did grow into those ears and that forehead when he aged to YA

Dang what kind of sorcery did you do on your sims and what cc did you put on them such as the skin,outfits and hair? They look beautiful which is a lot more than I can say about my sims who mostly either turn out ugly or just look the same but to be fair they're mostly sims that are generated by the game and we all know that it doesn't do as well of a job making unique sims and doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out trying to look at them. Here's a before and after pic of my sim that I was editing and if you're wondering why my game looks so sharp it's because i'm using SweetFX. She looks a lot better now after some tweaking.
Screenshots
Scholar
#179 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
I really like your Sims, Pary, and what fabulous hair.
Instructor
#180 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:50 AM
I use a default replacement skin, replacement eyes, and about 8 custom sliders, as well as a mod that extends the slider range, though I only have mine set at 2x rather than anything excessive, which I suppose could be my problem for "same face sims"

They're not using a lot of custom makeup or anything, just replacement brows and eyelashes. The lipstick on the girl is custom but she's wearing EA eyeshadow, it's just a very light brown, and the opacity slider is quite low.

With a bit of practise and some fiddling around, it really isn't hard to get decent looking sims. The first thing you should always adjust is the head width slider. TS3 sims have really fat little heads, and it can usually be adjusted quite a bit to give them a more normal looking appearance. Usually EA default eye size is also enormous so they can be adjusted as well. Often the jaw is far too thin as well.

There isn't any sorcery, it's just playing about with sliders. It might help you perhaps if you downloaded a "base" sim from someone and practised with the sliders on that. EA randomised default sims are dreadful, and really shouldn't be considered anything nice that the game has to offer. Sims can look better. It just takes some time and, if you're inclined, some replacement CC.

Everyone's definition of beauty is different. Just make some sims that you're happy with, and that you think are lovely. I like crooked noses and prominent jaws - faces with character rather than cutesy, and the sims I think look nice, someone else would probably hate.

Edit- I can finally see pictures. The second picture of your sim is really cute ! She looks adorable. I actually really love her face.
In the first one, it seems perhaps that her mouth is a bit far forward and could be causing that shadow under her nose? Either way, I really like her. And, sometimes the lighting in game can highlight what may look like a flaw, but seen again in a different light or shadow, and it seems to go away.

Thank you daisylee I was lucky with those sims. Other children haven't been so... normal looking lol.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#181 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:53 AM
Whenever I do make some sims from scratch, like I did to populate a new world, first thing I do is make the heads narrower. Absolutely!
Instructor
#182 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pary
I use a default replacement skin, replacement eyes, and about 8 custom sliders, as well as a mod that extends the slider range, though I only have mine set at 2x rather than anything excessive, which I suppose could be my problem for "same face sims"

They're not using a lot of custom makeup or anything, just replacement brows and eyelashes. The lipstick on the girl is custom but she's wearing EA eyeshadow, it's just a very light brown, and the opacity slider is quite low.

With a bit of practise and some fiddling around, it really isn't hard to get decent looking sims. The first thing you should always adjust is the head width slider. TS3 sims have really fat little heads, and it can usually be adjusted quite a bit to give them a more normal looking appearance. Usually EA default eye size is also enormous so they can be adjusted as well. Often the jaw is far too thin as well.

There isn't any sorcery, it's just playing about with sliders. It might help you perhaps if you downloaded a "base" sim from someone and practised with the sliders on that. EA randomised default sims are dreadful, and really shouldn't be considered anything nice that the game has to offer. Sims can look better. It just takes some time and, if you're inclined, some replacement CC.

Everyone's definition of beauty is different. Just make some sims that you're happy with, and that you think are lovely. I like crooked noses and prominent jaws - faces with character rather than cutesy, and the sims I think look nice, someone else would probably hate.

Edit- I can finally see pictures. The second picture of your sim is really cute ! She looks adorable. I actually really love her face.
In the first one, it seems perhaps that her mouth is a bit far forward and could be causing that shadow under her nose? Either way, I really like her. And, sometimes the lighting in game can highlight what may look like a flaw, but seen again in a different light or shadow, and it seems to go away.

Thank you daisylee I was lucky with those sims. Other children haven't been so... normal looking lol.

Thank you. I just decided to tweak her face again and I kept doing it until I was satisfied with the end results and I was just wondering what are the names of the cc you were using on them and where you got them from because I want them in my game too.
Scholar
#183 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:02 PM Last edited by daisylee : 11th Aug 2018 at 1:30 PM.
Some odd disagrees I see about zero controversial. Anyway.............. a girl just aged up to teen in my game. Her cousin, an older teen in the household, is quite pretty. She aged up and I said yikes! But all I had to do was change her hair and eyebrows, and now I like her a lot. Sometimes all they need is a simple change or 2.
Instructor
#184 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:21 PM
I use these defaults -

Mango Smoothie skin
Brntwaffles Eye Blend
Sliders Here

Eyelashes -

Sclub Eyelashes Mesh Female
SClub Eyelash Mesh Male
Eyelash Styles
Eyelash Sliders ( To adjust position + Length )

Eyebrows -

Kurasoberina Brows

I use Awesomemod for the slider extension, but Master Controller does it too if I remember correctly. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken

You can find hair retextures and styles just about everywhere, as well as makeup and other stuff.
Hope that helps !

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 8 of 8