Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 738 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Chris Hatch's Walk to Other Sims resetting witches/warlocks
So, I have this problem: Chris Hatch's Walk to Other Sims mod works just fine for all of my sims, except for my witches/warlocks. When I click on them a error message pops up! At first I thought it could be one of the spell mods or any mod related to witchcraft conflicting with it, so I deleted all of them, but it didn't solve anything. The error message doesn't pop up, but my sim still resets.
I looked at the log file and, yes, the problem is with the "Walk to.../Visit Sim" interaction.

I think this info might be useful: every time I click on my warlock, the error message pops up and I choose "reset" while the pie menu is open, so I can see the interactions. So, what I saw is there's no option to fly to a lot, walk to a community lot and neither to cast a spell! And the option Walk to Lot.../Visit Sim isn't there either.

So, is there any way to get this to work? I do have all expansion packs so I'm sure the mod should work. I don't see anyone reporting this problem, so I'm really lost...

(sorry if I misspelled something)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 11:03 PM
Chris posts here quite a bit now and is usually very helpful. I've a feeling this has been mentioned before. You could either try searching this Help section and see if you can spot another thread discussing this or @Chris Hatch and see if he turns up and can help you.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Chris posts here quite a bit now and is usually very helpful. I've a feeling this has been mentioned before. You could either try searching this Help section and see if you can spot another thread discussing this or @Chris Hatch and see if he turns up and can help you.

Yeah, I saw this thread, but since I don't have InTeen and it just happens with my witches/warlocks, I didn't know what to do.
There's this thread too (which you answered lol), but I'm not sure if I downloaded a wrong version, since from where I downloaded there was only one "Walk to Other Sims" version. Actually, this is the link where I got it. I won't @ Chris Hatch now because if it turns out to be something really stupid and easy, I don't really want to bother him with my stupidity lol
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:41 AM
Unfortunately, I don't use Chris' hack myself so I can't really advise you. There are plenty of people here about though who do use it.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Unfortunately, I don't use Chris' hack myself so I can't really advise you. There are plenty of people here about though who do use it.

I hope they know how to fix this ^^
But thanks for trying to help me anyway! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even know more people had the same problem. I think I'll try the 50/50 method just to guarantee it's not a random mod conflicting with it for no reason. If I can't find what's causing it in 2 days, I think I'll just do what you told me and @ Chris. I hope he forgives me if the solution is the simplest thing in the world
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innely
I hope they know how to fix this ^^
But thanks for trying to help me anyway! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even know more people had the same problem. I think I'll try the 50/50 method just to guarantee it's not a random mod conflicting with it for no reason. If I can't find what's causing it in 2 days, I think I'll just do what you told me and @ Chris. I hope he forgives me if the solution is the simplest thing in the world

You can use the hack conflict detection utility instead of the 50/50 method

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
You can use the hack conflict detection utility instead of the 50/50 method

No, it won't detect all clashes. Only those that change the same bit of code. It's still a good idea to run it first, as if it does detect the problem it'll save you some time. But don't rely on it instead of a 50/50.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM
Oh I forgot about the hack conflict detection utility! I'll run it first, and see if there's something conflicting. If it doesn't find anything I'll try the 50/50 method. Thanks for helping!
Instructor
#9 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM
Can you attache an error log?

There is a newer version available that you have more luck with, or may not because the required global overrides will conflict with a lot of things. Download and peruse the TheGlobe-Intructions.zip
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
Can you attache an error log?

There is a newer version available that you have more luck with, or may not because the required global overrides will conflict with a lot of things. Download and peruse the TheGlobe-Intructions.zip

Oh, Chris! Hi ^^
Thanks for the newer version! I hope I have luck with it.
I just found the mod that was conflicting, btw (it took me a long time, but I found it)... It was, indeed, something random that I didn't expect to conflict: Squinge's Lecture Sims I hope the newer version lets me have have it though, because I like both mods so much!

But if the log is still useful in any way, here it is:

Thank you so much for answering! I love your mods