Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [UC] Ikea stuff won't show up despite installing correctly
Hello MTS, it's me again. I have just reinstalled my game on a new hard drive after the old one got busted. Everything went smoothly without problems, until i tried to find all the Ikea stuffs. For some reason, it won't show up in my game, despite correctly installing the game in order. Now i suspected that i'm using the wrong system locale, because the last time this happened, i was setting my system locale to Japanese, and when i changed it back to English (US), all the stuff (along with H&M) shows up again, but this wasn't the case with now, as i don't switch locales anymore, so it was running English (US) during gameplay when this happened.

And before anyone asks, yes, the launcher said that IKEA SP is installed.

Any solutions?

My laptop is (still the same), Dell Inspiron 7460 running Intel Core i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz with NVidia 940MX and 8GB RAM, running on Windows 10 1511, with the game using NVidia card.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:56 PM
What it usually means is the IKEA stuff didn't get included in the objects.package. We see this type of problem, typically, with the Christmas packs. I had it once and solved it by reinstalling the relevant Xmas pack - not necessarily something I'd recommend but you might consider it as a last resort. There is no 'correct' order for installing TS2 btw, it's designed to allow you to install in any order. Having said that, it can't hurt.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
What it usually means is the IKEA stuff didn't get included in the objects.package. We see this type of problem, typically, with the Christmas packs. I had it once and solved it by reinstalling the relevant Xmas pack - not necessarily something I'd recommend but you might consider it as a last resort. There is no 'correct' order for installing TS2 btw, it's designed to allow you to install in any order. Having said that, it can't hurt.

Ok so since i'm using UC, reinstalling the whole game could work then, i'll try that. Thanks
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimSonico
Ok so since i'm using UC, reinstalling the whole game could work then, i'll try that. Thanks

I shouldn't bother reinstalling - waste of time and probably not necessary. What you can do, if you have UC, is right-click on the game icon in Origin and choose the 'repair' option. That replaces the objects.package and resets the game files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I shouldn't bother reinstalling - waste of time and probably not necessary. What you can do, if you have UC, is right-click on the game icon in Origin and choose the 'repair' option. That replaces the objects.package and resets the game files.

I tried this long ago, and it worked! Thank you!