Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7076 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:31 PM
Interesting! @ankoyume very brave of you, is all I am going to say :D
Advertisement
just a girl
#7077 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:44 PM
Wow, that's interesting indeed. Do you have to "uninstall" your addon everytime to play without it?
Mad Poster
#7078 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
I was thinking instead of coding every kind of objects, you could code only the interaction "repair" (either by the repairman or the sim itself) and it will add the object id of the object repaired to the controller that will count down the whole thing. I realize now that it suppose that all objects use the same "repair" global and I'm not so sure of that. It was just an hypothesis ...

The repair interactions themselves are separate, yeah I suspect some kind of token or controller would be smarter than my attribute function main approach though.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#7079 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:56 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 11th Dec 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Wow, that's interesting indeed. Do you have to "uninstall" your addon everytime to play without it?

It wouldn't be interesting if you had to uninstall anything. You can keep everything, even A&N. You'll just have to click on the right shortcut eachtime you want to play.
The whole reinstalling is just a possibility because it might crash your game. However it never crashed my game.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7080 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wonder if you could mark a compost bin for sale and run an OFB compost business.

Unfortunately not, I tried in the past and BO's mod is not what I want either. If it could I would sell it at a garden nursery store.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7081 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
You can keep everything, even A&N. You'll just have to click on the right shortcut eachtime you want to play.
The whole reinstalling is just a possibility because it might crash your game. However it never crashed my game.

If you are playing the same neighbourhoods in The Sims™ 2 Angel & Nurses Stuff and The Sims™ 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff then they are headed for collapse. The Sims™ 2 Angel & Nurses Stuff contains several extra NPCs that will be removed from the neighbourhood each time you play without it which will lead to corruption. You should use different neighbourhoods by creating separate game folders for each.
Top Secret Researcher
#7082 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 10:11 PM
Stockings that'll go on the wall instead of just over a fireplace would be nice.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#7083 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Stockings that'll go on the wall instead of just over a fireplace would be nice.

Do they still work to summon Santa if you use moveobjects on?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7084 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:58 AM
I think the Maxis stockings disappear when placed elsewhere, they are strange if I am remembering correctly. I use cc stockings and place wherever I want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#7085 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:01 AM
Yeah, the Maxis ones disappear in other places. Which is dumb, since a lot of Sim and RL houses don't have fireplaces. Ours didn't and we just put them on the wall. Where'd you get cc ones? I looked everywhere.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7086 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:23 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Dec 2017 at 1:37 AM.
I even saw some new ones today on simcave finds, page 10 or maybe 11 maybe.

https://riekus13.tumblr.com/post/16...istmas-stocking

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=102049

Mine are neither of those from some other old site I guess.

I looked up Christmas stockings on my computer and got a hit for Clutterholic. I think they are still around.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7087 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:28 AM
And the CC ones still summon Santa?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7088 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 9:14 AM
You don't need stockings to summon Santa, that's a myth. You just need a Christmas tree and a plate of nicely cooked Santa cookies. Santa is linked to the tree and the cookies seem to be linked to his appearing.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7089 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 10:12 PM
I thought it was santa cookies (and maybe an Xmas tree?) that summoned Santa. Don't think I've ever used the stockings though I've had Santa plenty of times.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7090 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 10:31 PM
Christmas tree and cookies in the Winter. I think he usually pops up around 7 pm. If you eat all the cookies Santa will be upset.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7091 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
Time varies a lot, but yep, tree and santa cookies Custom trees do not spawn him unless they are made to by using Honeywell's mod + compatible tree. She included all Maxis trees so even the small one tile tree will summon him.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7092 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 11:50 PM
Does not have to be winter, Christmas is in summer for us Southern hemisphere folk and in my game Santa comes quite happily in the summer.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7093 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:59 AM
Might make a mod that doesn't allow sims to put babies on the floor. Also expanding it with the ability for these pixelated pigons to be placed on the bed and chair.
Alchemist
#7094 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:04 PM
about Santa arrival; the first holiday pack was made before Seasons. so I presume his arrival could be in any season; in shipped version.

about baby placement; floor is easier for sims to age them than crib.
bed/chair placement might be ok. maybe also the other seating objects.
and possibly sims be able to hold them while sitting.
Forum Resident
#7095 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:04 PM
A rug or mat where my sims can do Yoga. I have an object where sims can join in, but it's not pretty when they do. I'd rather they be restricted to a rug.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#7096 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:27 PM
Not a yoga mat, but Nix has an exercise mat that I found recently thanks to Golden. I realize it's not what you wanted, but I thought I'd mention it anyway in case someone else might like it Get it here.

Mad Poster
#7097 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Might make a mod that doesn't allow sims to put babies on the floor. Also expanding it with the ability for these pixelated pigons to be placed on the bed and chair.

Pigons?
Mad Poster
#7098 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM
Babies.
Mad Poster
#7099 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:06 AM
Have fun with the joints and slots

Mad Poster
#7100 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:34 PM
A mod that the more you sent your sim to sleep at a specific hour of a day, the often they're engaged to do so autonomously.
Page 284 of 577