Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 414 (Who?), Viewed: 99224 times.
Page 15 of 17
Test Subject
#351 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:05 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:41 AM.
@Nilxis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
There are two different streams without a source right now, eventually most rivers will flow from underwater sources, maybe from some lake too, but along the course there will be waterfalls, probably some little lakes, and bifurcations.

Yes, this is so awesome!! And thanks for hearing me out.

I just want to say again you did a marvelous job! I was checking your Tumblr for updates every day lol. Although you had us wait for ages , it was well worth the wait.
_______________________________________

I like the the laundry items as well, but I understand if some people don't think they're necessary. Completely removing them would solve the dirty laundry problem and would be one less CC item. I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
will you offer an unpopulated version of this world as well as the populated one? Do an export of unpopulated then fill in the Sims and animals? I would prefer to do the Sims in my own style and not have to remove premade Sims and pets. It will cut the file size a lot, there will be less CC, and it would be nice to have that option as well. I think everyone looking at these wonderful pics envisions something different for this amazing world.

But what about his vision? Since the beginning, Nilxis has mentioned key figures (like the hermit) that play a part in this world. I'm not trying to be an a**hole, honest. I understand there are things that people don't like and things that people do like, but if it were my world and I was writing lore and stories that tied into the lanscape and the people, I personally would feel slighted by that request. I know you don't mean any harm, but if it were me, it would be like asking me to release a souless version of my art. However, I'm not Nilxis. Perhaps I'm just a tad dramatic. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Ideally, I would prefer for the people making Sims and animals to make them available for download rather than having a mandatory populating of the world.

I don't think this is an option. To have the world unpopulated is a definite option, but to offer separate downloads of each family isn't. If this were implemented Sims can't have relationships outside of their household, will be unable to have relationships with deceased relatives, and would be unable to have deep family trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I just looked at the population thread again and everyone is doing amazing things, each with his or her own vision, and thus there is not much consistency.

If you argued that you don't like the Sims it would be fair because that's your taste. But arguing there isn't consistency, isn't a fair argument to make at this point in time. You're right, there isn't consistency in the population design thread, but that's because we're still designing the population. We don't even have a list of the 15/20 CAS items we're going to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
It will cut the file size a lot, there will be less CC, and it would be nice to have that option as well.

^^^^That's a completely fair argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
IF this is distributed... in the mile long folder of CC at least all the CAS items are in a subfolder so folks can choose to add them to their games or not.

I agree.

What say you Nilxis?
Top Secret Researcher
#352 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:29 PM
As long as the CAS CC is separated from the other in the CC that is fine with me. Then those of us who want to use it can use it and those who do not want to use it can delete it. And the ones of us who want to populate the world with our Sims can remove the ones the world includes if wanted family by family or with Master Controller (?) or Awesomemod. I have downloaded many wonderful Nilxis worlds and this is the only one that would come populated.

Carry on.

And as said before, I think the sims being done are very well done, but some of us would prefer to create our own. No slight to the ones being created is intended whatsoever. They are excellent.
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:39 PM
I'm with Daisylee here, I would prefer as little to none cc, especially CAS items, seeing as this world would be quite big. And an unpopulated version as well. I've played a fair amount of Nilxis worlds and, usually, if he has a populated world he also offers an unpopulated one.

I do respect Nilxis vision of this world and I'm looking forward to exploring it but preferably with my own sims since my esthetics and thoughts about them look completely different from what's developing in the population thread.

And lastly, Nilxis... the world is mind-blowingly beautiful, which I feel I don't say enough
Field Researcher
#354 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
I like the the laundry items as well, but I understand if some people don't think they're necessary. Completely removing them would solve the dirty laundry problem and would be one less CC item. I get it.


I get it too, those that want the laundry tied into the game can go ahead and add it if they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
But what about his vision? Since the beginning, Nilxis has mentioned key figures (like the hermit) that play a part in this world. I'm not trying to be an a**hole, honest. I understand there are things that people don't like and things that people do like, but if it were my world and I was writing lore and stories that tied into the lanscape and the people, I personally would feel slighted by that request. I know you don't mean any harm, but if it were me, it would be like asking me to release a souless version of my art. However, I'm not Nilxis. Perhaps I'm just a tad dramatic. *shrugs*


If it was me, I'd feel slighted too. The vision is key, and, to me, the world wouldn't be complete without all the pieces and details that make this world what Nilxis invisions it to be, we're just lucky to be able to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
I don't think this is an option. To have the world unpopulated is a definite option, but to offer separate downloads of each family isn't. If this were implemented Sims can't have relationships outside of their household, will be unable to have relationships with deceased relatives, and would be unable to have deep family trees.


If someone would want it un-populated. Technically, however, in the population design thread, each family will be (should be?) available separately. But yeah, you'd want the story, and family ties, and all that good stuff, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
If you argued that you don't like the Sims it would be fair because that's your taste. But arguing there isn't consistency, isn't a fair argument to make at this point in time. You're right, there isn't consistency in the population design thread, but that's because we're still designing the population. We don't even have a list of the 15/20 CAS items we're going to use.


I think the sims that have been shared in the population design thread have been fairly consistent. Those involved with making the sims are all working in the same direction, and we do have a small basic list put together. I feel like now we're just deciding on accessories, makeup, and possibly a few more extras. I'd imagine also, that this is still too early into population design to really decide if one would want the world populated. Just sit back, folks, and wait for the finished product.


Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
As long as the CAS CC is separated from the other in the CC that is fine with me. Then those of us who want to use it can use it and those who do not want to use it can delete it. And the ones of us who want to populate the world with our Sims can remove the ones the world includes if wanted family by family or with Master Controller (?) or Awesomemod.


Well, since some are asking for an un-populated version, in order to make that happen, 2 separate CC downloads will be required anyway; one for the populated version which would include the CAS CC, and one for the un-populated version without the CAS CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsheba
I'm with Daisylee here, I would prefer as little to none cc, especially CAS items, seeing as this world would be quite big. And an unpopulated version as well. I've played a fair amount of Nilxis worlds and, usually, if he has a populated world he also offers an unpopulated one.

I do respect Nilxis vision of this world and I'm looking forward to exploring it but preferably with my own sims since my esthetics and thoughts about them look completely different from what's developing in the population thread.


@Batsheba, we welcome you to join us in the population design thread! However, I must say this topic is quite unnecessary. Like you said, you've played a fair amount of Nilxis worlds, and usually both populated, and un-populated versions are offered. I'm sure Nilxis will do the same with this world.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Top Secret Researcher
#355 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
That will be perfect if populated and unpopulated versions are offered. I hope that is what is done. In my case preferring a non populated version is not disliking the Sims being done, and I definitely love the world and the vision behind it. I am just one of the folks that will want to populate it myself.
Test Subject
#356 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:34 PM
@daisylee
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
And as said before, I think the sims being done are very well done, but some of us would prefer to create our own. No slight to the ones being created is intended whatsoever. They are excellent.

I hope you don't think I was saying you thought the sims were poorly done. I provided personal taste as an example of a valid argument. As the argument lack of cohesion in the population design thread is unfair, due to the population still being in the infancy of development. Your other arguments are completely fair.

@Batsheba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsheba
I do respect Nilxis vision of this world and I'm looking forward to exploring it but preferably with my own sims since my esthetics and thoughts about them look completely different from what's developing in the population thread.

I never meant to imply you didn't respect Nilxis' vision. Everyone is entitled to their personal taste. I'm not trying to force feed my thoughts or creations down people's throats. I just personally liken this issue to the moon discussion earlier in this thread. Some people didn't like the moon, but the moon is tied to Nilxis' lore. That's all I was saying.

I should have just let Nilxis respond, because in hindsight it's not my place, and it looks like I have a modus operandi. I really don't. If Nilxis is going to release an unpopulated version of the world, I support him wholeheartedly! Hey, either way it goes you will have your wish! You do realize I'm not taking anything away from you? If it's unpopulated, boom, you win. If it's populated you can just go in there and delete all the Sims, boom, you win. Win, win.

@RylandHomes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
I get it too, those that want the laundry tied into the game can go ahead and add it if they want.


I'm there with you man, I like it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
If it was me, I'd feel slighted too. The vision is key, and, to me, the world wouldn't be complete without all the pieces and details that make this world what Nilxis invisions it to be, we're just lucky to be able to enjoy it.

It seems like I missed the mark, but I'm glad you understood where I was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
I think the sims that have been shared in the population design thread have been fairly consistent.Those involved with making the sims are all working in the same direction, and we do have a small basic list put together.

I was only saying that it's not really fair to throw us under the bus for consistency when we're still a WIP over there.
We have a list?! Are we talking about my list?! That's bad, seeing as two-thirds of the items that are on it are still missing download links lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
I'd imagine also, that this is still too early into population design to really decide if one would want the world populated. Just sit back, folks, and wait for the finished product.

If that were the real argument, then what you said here is an acceptable request. But I think what this is really about, is them not liking the direction and having their own thing in mind.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#357 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:06 PM
Nice debate we have going on here, I like that! I've read all your opinions and suggestions and these are my plans for the world:

About Laundry - All the functional laundry items will be removed, the deco ones will stay (basically the WA hanging clothes - which IMO add a very nice and lively touch). This will minimize non-essential CC but there will still be the impression of laundry stuff going on, as @willky12 says.

About an unpopulated version, as usual I will offer both populated and unpopulated versions of the world. This doesn't suppose any extra work for me, I just need to make two copies of the finished world and then populate one of them.
All the CC items will be .package, so they will not get attached to the file, and the CC will be split: the CAS CC on one side, and the "building" CC on the other. They will not be merged. No one will be forced to download any unwanted CC or version of the world. HOWEVER, I will always highly encourage everyone to download the populated version, given the nature of this project and the fact that there's more work behind the populated one. The final presentation of the world will be centered around the populated version, but an unpopulated one will be offered as well.

About playing the challenge with the unpopulated version, I think it will still be possible: it will be necessary to visit certain households in order to get key information/material to move forward with the challenge, but that will come from inscriptions and other tomb items. It would be cool if you could get that from interacting with the sims, but that's beyond my control. You will still need to make sure you've placed a household there before so your sim can visit them, this will be extra work for you but if you're okay with it I see no problem.

That's all, I hope everything is clear now. There should be options for everyone

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#358 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:23 PM
Well, I'm glad that's cleared up!
Top Secret Researcher
#359 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:25 AM
This sounds excellent to me. I will probably download both versions then. Will do the challenge in the populated one, and then when finished play the unpopulated one with my sims. Perfect!
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:23 PM
I love reading everyone's input. It's understandable that we each have our own final idea of how we wish to tackle this world in the end but I still welcome ideas from everyone as some had not occurred to me. This world makes for a unique style of play and I love everything about it. Anxious to eventually tackle challenges as well. Keep it coming folks and thanks!
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
Nice debate we have going on here, I like that! I've read all your opinions and suggestions and these are my plans for the world:

, I will always highly encourage everyone to download the populated version, given the nature of this project and the fact that there's more work behind the populated one. The final presentation of the world will be centered around the populated version, but an unpopulated one will be offered as well.
That's all, I hope everything is clear now. There should be options for everyone


Like your awesome Ziwa Bonde world, I cannot imagine playing it without the populated version. It compliments the whole theme of the world.
Test Subject
#362 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:41 AM
Do you need betas? It looks amazing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#363 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 8:56 PM
@TheBdelliumLady, Do you mean testers? Not at the moment, but I'll definitely need some in the future

UPDATE TIME!

It's been a long time now, I started uni again and I've been very busy. But I've managed to create some new things, not much, but I wanted to post something before this year ends. So here we go:


Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Theorist
#364 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 12:31 AM
Always here to impress me with consistency of your worlds... and sheer vastness and impressive creative expression.
Theorist
#365 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:35 AM
Excellent mate, I guess this is like 99% finished now, or what??
Can't wait to start testing the beta!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#366 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 4:50 PM
Omigod this is absolutely breathtaking. Plus the history and lore that you've put into making your world a living and breathing entity is astounding!!!
Test Subject
#367 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:27 AM
Absolutely stunning work, Nilxis! Can I volunteer as tribute when it's ready to be playtested?
Test Subject
#368 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:42 AM
I come in here periodically to salivate all over my keyboard. I'm often so mindblown I can't even formulate any additional constructive thoughts than what's been shared already xD
IDGAF how big this world is or how much CC it takes in the end, I'm prepared to purge my entire game to play it idc idc T_T
and I'm totally down to crash my computer beta testing lol
Top Secret Researcher
#369 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:07 PM
Amazing additions! I cannot wait to play this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#370 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:28 PM
Thank you guys for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
I guess this is like 99% finished now, or what??

I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsdestroyer
Plus the history and lore that you've put into making your world a living and breathing entity is astounding!!!

I'm putting a lot of effort into the backstory so nothing looks accidental, so I'm glad you feel this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by _erica
Can I volunteer as tribute when it's ready to be playtested?

I haven't decided yet how I will organise testing, but sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesNeigh
IDGAF how big this world is or how much CC it takes in the end, I'm prepared to purge my entire game to play it idc idc T_T and I'm totally down to crash my computer beta testing lol

Hahaha, that's the attitude! No, but seriously, there is CC but not a crazy amount. It will be a big world but not as heavy as Barcelona, I hope.

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#371 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 3:45 AM
Default I can't download ziwa bonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
@TheBdelliumLady, Do you mean testers? Not at the moment, but I'll definitely need some in the future

UPDATE TIME!

It's been a long time now, I started uni again and I've been very busy. But I've managed to create some new things, not much, but I wanted to post something before this year ends. So here we go:








How come I can no longer download ziwa bonde ? Is it no longer available ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#372 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:21 PM
@JazzyBear28 I've tried to download it and there wasn't any problem, the links work. Maybe it's a problem with your web browser?
Please, for more questions or problems send me a private message.

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Lab Assistant
#373 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:24 PM
I will volunteer to beta this also. Looks wonderful. So exciting watching this come together.
Test Subject
#374 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 7th Jan 2018 at 12:40 PM.
@AshesNeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesNeigh
I come in here periodically to salivate all over my keyboard. I'm often so mindblown I can't even formulate any additional constructive thoughts than what's been shared already xD
IDGAF how big this world is or how much CC it takes in the end, I'm prepared to purge my entire game to play it idc idc T_T
and I'm totally down to crash my computer beta testing lol

Yes. Hell yes. This. This all the got damn m***** f****** way.

@Nilxis
Amazing... Wow Nilxis, just wow. 'Dat graveyard doe (a phrase never to be uttered again). Am I the only one hyped about how many ghosts I can fill it with? No? Ok..
Test Subject
#375 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:02 AM Last edited by paul_dion011089 : 12th Jan 2018 at 7:08 AM. Reason: It's Hindu-Arabic not Roman, my bad.
Wow, your picture posts never failed to amaze me.

Maybe just one thing but the wall clock on the inventor's home looks too modern with that clean look and contemporary Hindu-Arabic numerals on it's face. Maybe we can change it to some more ancient or tribal looking
Page 15 of 17
Back to top