Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 23
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:32 PM
so this mod only enables us to assign extra traits, there is no menu to pull up to click on the traits we want, we must type them in manually?
Test Subject
#127 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trickai
so this mod only enables us to assign extra traits, there is no menu to pull up to click on the traits we want, we must type them in manually?

That's always been my understanding without having the mod I mentioned earlier, Embyr311's "Add More Traits in Regular Menu". Seems like more of a hassle without Embry's mod in addition, so I never did it manually - hence why I'm biting my nails waiting on ANY update to hers, rather than risking something going screwy with the old mod.

A storyteller's game, lips that intoxicate; the core of all Life is a limitless chest of tales.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:50 PM
ah okay I was just coming back to edit my comment, I realized suddenly that I needed to download that package from Embry to get the menu to show up....

I did't realize the "Add More Traits In Regular Menu" was a separate download on Embry's page, after all the other options. I got it all working now, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#129 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:21 PM
Add traits via menu aka Add Traits in Regular Menu mod is updated and uploaded. Even though the old one seems working for me but I see some people are worried that it may cause bugs. Also toddler can't add traits when you control them directly with the old one. So I upload one with a few minor edits. You can download it here now if you prefer.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
All versions are updated. Two more flavors suggested by _xKindredxSoulsx_ are added.

Thank you for taking my suggestion!
Field Researcher
#131 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:09 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 15th Nov 2017 at 7:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Trickai
ah okay I was just coming back to edit my comment, I realized suddenly that I needed to download that package from Embry to get the menu to show up....

I did't realize the "Add More Traits In Regular Menu" was a separate download on Embry's page, after all the other options. I got it all working now, thanks.

While this modder has uploaded a new version of the menu mod; the menu mod, to my understanding, simply makes an existing Debug Cheat menu available at all times. If you ever have trouble with the menu mod in the future you can access the cheat menu WITHOUT MODS so long as you have Testing Cheats(and also Debug Cheats I believe) turned on. It is found by [shift] + clicking on your sim and should be in the "Cheat Sim Info" sub menu. The only trouble is that --if I am right about it being a Debug Cheat-- I do not know how to turn these on without MC Command Center. My MCCC settings have Testing and Debug Cheats on at all times, so I do not have to worry about knowing the cheat to find it.

I hope this helps for anyone who wants to go mod light or who experiences issues with the menu mod in the future.

[Edit] I tried looking up the Debug Cheats console command and, as with previous times, I only seem to find mods which turn debug cheats on. I'm certain there must be a console command for this, but no one who knows seems to be sharing. Perhaps someone else would have better luck. Personally I find having debug cheats quite useful sometimes. It helps tune my story for a particular game and correct/work around game bugs sometimes. This is why I use MCCC to keep Testing and Debug Cheats on at all times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
While this modder has uploaded a new version of the menu mod; the menu mod, to my understanding, simply makes an existing Debug Cheat menu available at all times. If you ever have trouble with the menu mod in the future you can access the cheat menu WITHOUT MODS so long as you have Testing Cheats(and also Debug Cheats I believe) turned on. It is found by [shift] + clicking on your sim and should be in the "Cheat Sim Info" sub menu. The only trouble is that --if I am right about it being a Debug Cheat-- I do not know how to turn these on without MC Command Center. My MCCC settings have Testing and Debug Cheats on at all times, so I do not have to worry about knowing the cheat to find it.

I hope this helps for anyone who wants to go mod light or who experiences issues with the menu mod in the future.

[Edit] I tried looking up the Debug Cheats console command and, as with previous times, I only seem to find mods which turn debug cheats on. I'm certain there must be a console command for this, but no one who knows seems to be sharing. Perhaps someone else would have better luck. Personally I find having debug cheats quite useful sometimes. It helps tune my story for a particular game and correct/work around game bugs sometimes. This is why I use MCCC to keep Testing and Debug Cheats on at all times.

Yup. That's why the menu mod is always an optional choice.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:06 PM
Thank you for updating this. Much appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Mizuki_Ukitake : 17th Nov 2017 at 8:52 AM.
If a trait mod was not updated for the November patch, could I technically still access it through this mod's menu, despite it not being in the CAS menu?

EDIT: I got V8, the most recent update, but the menu isn't coming up when I click on my sim. It used to work fine, what am I missing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:48 AM
you and your mod are fabulous thank you so much for updating...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#136 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
If a trait mod was not updated for the November patch, could I technically still access it through this mod's menu, despite it not being in the CAS menu?

EDIT: I got V8, the most recent update, but the menu isn't coming up when I click on my sim. It used to work fine, what am I missing?

Did you download the Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.rar ? You also need to download and extract it and then put the package in your mod folder. You need to download one version of More Traits Mod and one Add Traits in Regular Menu mod if you want to add them in menu

And for your first question. Nope. All traits mods is broken both in gameplay and CAS. They need to be fixed by modders with lots of changes in xmls. Like my Sarcastic traits are now fixed and updated. If you want to fix a cc trait, here is a useful tutorial I've found. https://simsvip.com/2017/11/15/cust...ompatible-pets/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:22 AM
Thank you soo much for this !! Now my sims can have a lot more personality than before with the three traits where they were just so boring
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:41 PM
Thank you so much! I have a game that depends on this mod, so I've had it on hold and I am so happy that you updated this mod so quickly! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#139 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:56 AM
This mod is awesome. Thank you, but I'm having a problem with it, I down loaded the 25 traits for all ages download and its not working, it did work before but it stopped all of the sudden, I haven't downloaded any new mods to make it stop working either, can you please help me?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:58 AM
Good job! Thank you so much ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:43 PM
I am a bit confused on how this mod works... I downloaded the one with 5 traits for the teen but it still only lets me put 3 - am i suppose to only add them through the add trait menu?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#142 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashliekh89
I am a bit confused on how this mod works... I downloaded the one with 5 traits for the teen but it still only lets me put 3 - am i suppose to only add them through the add trait menu?

You can't add more than 3 traits in CAS. So you need to add traits through the adding trait menu or cheats.
Test Subject
#143 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 7:26 AM
Is this update/mod still working? I tried a ton of different combinations of both yours and Embyr's mods and the best I could get was being able to add extra reward traits via the menu... but still not able to add more than 3 traits CAS traits (they don't even show up). Tried it the old school way with the cheat code as well, and still no dice. Am I missing something? Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#144 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reneethea
Is this update/mod still working? I tried a ton of different combinations of both yours and Embyr's mods and the best I could get was being able to add extra reward traits via the menu... but still not able to add more than 3 traits CAS traits (they don't even show up). Tried it the old school way with the cheat code as well, and still no dice. Am I missing something? Thank you!

All downloadable contents in this page are updated for Cats and Dogs patch. You cannot use them with Embyr's More Traits Mod because Embyr's are broken. Her Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod should be working other than not being able to add toddler traits on themselves. If you have trouble using her Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod, I recommend you downloading both More CAS Traits Mod and Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod on this page.
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
All downloadable contents in this page are updated for Cats and Dogs patch. You cannot use them with Embyr's More Traits Mod because Embyr's are broken. Her Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod should be working other than not being able to add toddler traits on themselves. If you have trouble using her Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod, I recommend you downloading both More CAS Traits Mod and Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod on this page.

For some reason it's not working for me. I even tried removing all my other CC to see if it was conflicting with something and still didn't work. Weird.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 6:12 AM
Could you make a version of this mod that works for the pets?? i.e. adding extra traits to the cats and dogs + making the "add traits in regular menu" work for them?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#147 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skullstar
Could you make a version of this mod that works for the pets?? i.e. adding extra traits to the cats and dogs + making the "add traits in regular menu" work for them?

I don't own C&D Pack. I've planned to buy it on sale. I couldn't test it in game but from what I saw in XML files I believe there isn't limitation of pet traits' number in gameplay. It just prevents you to add more than 3 traits in CAS or conflicting traits. I don't see anyone use traits.equip_trait for pet traits though because you cannot control the pet directly. Correct me if I'm wrong
Forum Resident
#148 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake

I know the author said it won't, but actually if you use the Menu mod along with whatever version you are using it does for me. I have a ton of custom traits I made myself that I haven't yet updated for the patch. I'm working on it and the ones I haven't fixed yet still show up in the menu, they just don't show up in cas as selectable. I'm using version 2 with the menu mod updated by this author.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:03 PM
This mod is one of the best, thanks for updating.
Test Subject
#150 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 3:33 AM
I have a slight problem with this mod right now. I can only see some of the traits in the menu, the rest have a lama-symbol and no text so I don't know what traits they are. I can see like one out of ten traits and the rest I can't...
Page 6 of 23