Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Culinary Work from Home

by NoelleBellefleur Posted 23rd May 2017 at 8:28 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2021 at 9:36 AM by NoelleBellefleur : Patch update

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th May 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pawlq
after update sim dont want go to work - he still in home :<

I have the same issue. My sim does go to work but she returns home immediately
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by startspring
I have the same issue. My sim does go to work but she returns home immediately

I tried and had the same problem. I am working on the update.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:07 AM
Thank you so much for these mods, they're great!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#29 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:49 AM
Have this issue with all of your other careers as well.

Thanks for looking into it. Patch days are always hard for modders.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:49 PM
I have the problem listed above. I love the mods so I hope you can fix them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:51 AM
Adding, bless you for updating so fast!>3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:33 AM
Thank you so much for updating
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Deli00 : 28th May 2017 at 7:19 PM.
First of all, thanks for updating this mod!! I'm experiencing a problem though, one of the strings appears blank (something that has to be done twice) and the Grill (Hot Dogs) doesn't recognize the hot dogs my sim grilled (I tried multiple times). My sim is a Culinary 3, with an 8 cooking skill and a 5 mixology skill. I hope this can help you find what it is and thanks again for this awesome mod :-D

PS. The same happened in the Business WAH mod, she's a Business 5 with 5 Charisma and 4 Logic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:01 PM
I love these mods. My dream is that all of the careers would have this option! Entertainer would be especially fun, since we could have our sims actually go entertain someone :-D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deli00
First of all, thanks for updating this mod!! I'm experiencing a problem though, one of the strings appears blank (something that has to be done twice). My sim is a Culinary 3, with an 8 cooking skill and a 5 mixology skill. I hope this can help you find what it is and thanks again for this awesome mod :-D

PS. The same happened in the Business WAH mod, she's a Business 5 with 5 Charisma and 4 Logic.

Thank you for the feedback can you help me a bit more, what is your game's language, is it english?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NoelleBellefleur
I haven't checked it yet, but from what I read in the patch description I don't think it made huge changes in the career files. The game blocks mods when a new patch arrives. Maybe you have to enable them again and restart the game. Have you tried it?

I have the same issue too. Sims don't go to work. Or specifically their icons say they are at work but they won't disappear in front of the house and instead they go back to the house. And the daily job doesn't end on time when choosing work from home.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:03 AM
Oh no. It makes sims' job disappear too. Now they are unemployed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th May 2017 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Oh no. It makes sims' job disappear too. Now they are unemployed.

This problem should be solved with the update of my mod. Have you replaced the previous version with the current one?
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for the feedback can you help me a bit more, what is your game's language, is it english?

Yes, of course! :-) My game's language is English
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:08 PM
This problem should be solved with the update of my mod. Have you replaced the previous version with the current one?

okay I was just stupid enough to put the packages in the wrong folder. Please forgive my stupidity.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th May 2017 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deli00
Yes, of course! :-) My game's language is English

You were right, some string files are not in the game any more after the latest patch I suppose it was "Talk about drink making" in the culinary and "Watch news" and "Chat while confident" in the business. These whims are taken out of the game and my mod used the text of them. I will upload a version with my own strings. Thanks so much for the help please tell me if you find any other problem (career and skill level, also the times it should be made was especially helpful )
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:02 PM
You were right, some string files are not in the game any more after the latest patch I suppose it was "Talk about drink making" in the culinary and "Watch news" and "Chat while confident" in the business. These whims are taken out of the game and my mod used the text of them. I will upload a version with my own strings. Thanks so much for the help please tell me if you find any other problem (career and skill level, also the times it should be made was especially helpful )

Glad I could help! These mods make playing sims much more fun! :lovestruc :lovestruc Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st May 2017 at 8:42 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:32 AM
I just saw your mod(s) am thinking of installing a couple but first, can you install more than one or can you install one only?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:14 PM
This is great! Do you think it would be possible for you to make a work from home school mod - so that children and teens can be home schooled? Thankyou. (:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 12:24 AM
I love these mods, thank you so much for doing them. I am curious about a home school mod too. And I also wondered if you plan to do other careers such as secret agent and tech guru?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by divia
I love these mods, thank you so much for doing them. I am curious about a home school mod too. And I also wondered if you plan to do other careers such as secret agent and tech guru?

Yes, I want to make the "work from home" option for all the in game careers, even the teen ones (babysitting will have so many options with the parenting GP). I think that grade school and high school can also be made with this system it will be my next goal, after careers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purrdalecki
This is great! Do you think it would be possible for you to make a work from home school mod - so that children and teens can be home schooled? Thankyou. (:

Yes, I think it is possible, I plan to add the "work from home" option for grade school and high school too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bmso85
I just saw your mod(s) am thinking of installing a couple but first, can you install more than one or can you install one only?

You can have all the work from home mods at the same time. They change different files, so there should not be any problem. I also use all of them at once, yet no issues occured because of this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:51 AM
this help thanks a lot
Page 2 of 4