Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:53 AM
I hope someone figures out to mod cats and dogs out of venues like with a custom lot trait or something. I was just testing a mod I made for myself to fix the busted outfits in nightclubs and I had five different cats and dogs visiting in a really short period of time! This was the nightclub in Windenburg, so no pet-friendly lot traits. A bit odd to see Cleo the Cat and Rosie the Dog out on the dance floor!

Now if I could make heads or tails of how to fix these vendor outfits. I swear there's a special place that's very hot with no A/C for the idiot at Maxis that has the weird outfit fetish!
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Btw how do you guys teach your dogs to pee outside? I keep telling her to do so but after a while she comes back when her bladder is full again. Although if I ignore her long enough she will go outside to pee.

When your dog has to pee, go outside and call him, and then encourage him to pee. Eventually, he'll get the idea.

Okay so the bathtub problem seems to be limited to either pre-Pets tubs or just the triangle shaped tub. Because I tried to bathe both toddler and dog (not at the same time) in the PETS tub and both were successful.
Theorist
#53 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I think Maxis busted the vendor outfits somehow. I was just playing again without any mods and a new game folder and saw this in San Myshuno after seeing the same thing in Brindleton Bay.

If y'all see this in your own games, would you mind hitting "Me Too" or sharing a screenshot here: Answer HQ English>Games>The Sims>The Sims 4>Bug Reports>Issue with Food Vendor Stall Uniforms.

The reason I ask is I have really shitty luck getting QA to reproduce the bugs I submit. I'm so sick of these damn outfit problems I could pull my hair out!

The women shoes on men is not a new glitch, I was getting that all the time two years ago on random male criminals when my sim was in the detective career.
Scholar
#54 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
The women shoes on men is not a new glitch, I was getting that all the time two years ago on random male criminals when my sim was in the detective career.

I just fixed it in my game. And I'm going to study and see what other uniform shenanigans need fixing once I'm not so exhausted.

What happened is the food stall vendors don't have footwear assigned to their uniforms any more for some reason known only to the weirdos at Maxis (although I question they know what they're doing since the busted nightclub outfits are by design). Now mine do. I feel like Rocky tonight, because not only did I fix the busted outfits in nightclubs in my game, but I fixed this damn shoe problem. I own it to studying Bienchen's mods. She's a genius.

No heels for you buddy!
Theorist
#55 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:00 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 11th Nov 2017 at 11:00 AM.
Loving the high quality texture of the wall hanging while zoomed in. Such a well made game. @_@

Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
When your dog has to pee, go outside and call him, and then encourage him to pee. Eventually, he'll get the idea.

Okay so the bathtub problem seems to be limited to either pre-Pets tubs or just the triangle shaped tub. Because I tried to bathe both toddler and dog (not at the same time) in the PETS tub and both were successful.

... With the sims 4 routing AI that will take 3 hours...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:34 PM
Ok I thought I have a mod conflict, where my sim kid are waking up in every few hours. Turns out the cat went into the kitchen every night and wakes her up by making noise (her bedroom are next to the kitchen). Sneaky cat. lol

Upon finding that out we can warn the cat not to do it again and eventually it gets the memo.
Instructor
#57 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:08 PM

I've been posting some photos at my Tumblr , but I finally had some time to go in game today (despite downloading it at 9pm AWST on Thursday). I haven't played much, but I like it. I have seen a few glitches (remember the TS3 stretchy skeleton of doom? Yeah, that's back), but overall I'm finding myself enjoying it. I mean, how can I not fall in love with the fact Freddy's loyal dog followed him down to the docks so she could sleep next to him while he fished.
I must admit I did find it a little off-putting when I first loaded in and wanted Freddy to cuddle Lucy on the couch and couldn't control her and had to do it through Freddy. I do miss being able to control them, or even look at their needs.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:30 PM
Have you guys any more informations about the "quirks"? From what I've read so far it only seems to be random obsessions or fear with normal objects (like toilets, microwaves, fridges, TV, etc).
Instructor
#59 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Have you guys any more informations about the "quirks"? From what I've read so far it only seems to be random obsessions or fear with normal objects (like toilets, microwaves, fridges, TV, etc).

So far, I've noticed my kitten is in love with one of my sims' floor plants, and my puppy is terrified of the robot vacuum cleaner.
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:16 PM
hnestly bugs are exspected. and overall i have fixed all cc issues with the exception of the stupid sofas. but ide say the game is fantastic! i love it. havnt taken any photos yet, but its amazing. the only thing im truly disapointed about is there are no dog houses?! and i exspected more pet related clutter like food bags, cat scoops. ect. and more cat toys. but overall its great and those things can be aded as cc as soon as people start making them
Alchemist
#61 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:29 PM
It looks like this may be the EP that gets me playing the game again.
Scholar
#62 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM
I just had a disturbing first impression. I couldn't get a pic because it lasted less than a second. My cat jumped up on the counter, but I guess there was no space available except where my sim was making salad. So the cat climbed on top of the cutting board and sat on the tomatoes.

My sim stopped to scold the cat, but then she went back to making salad. She took out her knife and started chopping away. The cat was still on the cutting board so it looked like she was chopping up her cat!
Forum Resident
#63 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
(I still do not know how to insert a picture in my messages)

Right-click on the image and choose "Copy image address". Then either click the "Insert Image" button

and put in your copied image address.
Or manually type [img]image adress/link[/img].
Scholar
#64 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:29 PM
Loving the high quality texture of the wall hanging while zoomed in. Such a well made game. @_@

... With the sims 4 routing AI that will take 3 hours...

Not been a problem for me. And you don't have to do this all the time, just the first few times until they get it. Kinda like potty training the toddlers.

This dobie is rolling in the puddle. She's not a messy dog.. . I guess she just decided to roll in the puddle!

Did you watch the trailer and wonder what kind of idiot would create a blue dog or an purple cat? People who play aliens of course!!

This is Sirius, (The dog star? Get it?) his owners are Orion, (an alien) Molly, (Human) and their kids Rigel and Vega...

He's a ridiculous freak and hideous and I don't even know what kind of mixed breed he is, but I love him. :lovestruc
Yes, he's a dog from Sixam (although not officially)...

What I'm not really a fan of is the clothing... doggie sweaters okay but for the most part, putting pets in clothes looks silly to me. But I love the human clothes that came with this pack!
Mad Poster
#65 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Nov 2017 at 9:44 PM. Reason: Removed my signature since it only applies to Sims 2
That's what I do but all I get is nothing... Like, there's no picture and a big blank in my message.

It's not your fault. I seem to remember other people have had problems with imgur links too. Consider trying modyourpanties.com instead. It was made to go with Modthesims. Pictures you upload to modyourpanties will show here at Modthesims, but can't be hotlinked to any other site. For tips on how to use modyourpanties, see this discussion in the link starting at about post # 5.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=597177
Field Researcher
#66 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:52 PM
Puppies are adorable, I'm in love with this expansion.

This is Ollie when he was a puppy. He's a Beagle Shiba Inu mix and he loves the TV, even if Joi isn't enjoying the zombie movie...

Seriously, look how cute he is!

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:53 PM
My personal first impressions:
- The new world is beautiful, I adore it.
- The pets are cute, but I feel a little "lost" not being able to control them, does anyone else feel this way?
Forum Resident
#68 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM
That's what I do but all I get is nothing... Like, there's no picture and a big blank in my message.
Make sure your link has an actual image file ending, like .jpg, .png etc. Sometimes Imgur adds a number at the end of the url (I think when you copy the link while the picture is still uploading?). If you delete it then it works. Besides that I'm not sure what's wrong
Forum Resident
#69 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
My personal first impressions:
- The new world is beautiful, I adore it.
- The pets are cute, but I feel a little "lost" not being able to control them, does anyone else feel this way?

I don't mind not being able to control them, but not being able to select them in the interface is dumb as hell.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I don't mind not being able to control them, but not being able to select them in the interface is dumb as hell.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I'm really holding out hope for a cheat or mod of some sort within the next few months where they'll at least be selectable, even if not playable.
Scholar
#71 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
YES. I mean, I know there are treats to extend your pets life, but how will I know when it needs one? Is there a notification!? Although trying to figure out what's wrong does make things a bit more challenging, I'm glad the game will also notify me of what the pet wants (usually because I didn't pick up on it right away)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
YES. I mean, I know there are treats to extend your pets life, but how will I know when it needs one? Is there a notification!?

I suppose the idea is that you give the treat after the animal has aged up, to return them to the previous age stage (adult -> puppy/kitten, elder -> adult) rather than to the beginning of the current stage.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Btw how do you guys teach your dogs to pee outside? I keep telling her to do so but after a while she comes back when her bladder is full again. Although if I ignore her long enough she will go outside to pee.
@emino It didn't even occur to me to do this, but it happened. Initially, the Sim would take his dog out on a leash and "encourage" to do business. My Sim praised the dog right after (I was just thinking what you do with a real dog). After a day of that, when the dog was by the door, looking like it needed to go out, there was an option to encourage the dog to take care of itself or something...bladder? Relieve? I so forget the words. The dog went outside on its own, using the doggie door and ~Voila! Rosie was housebroken just like that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#74 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I'm really holding out hope for a cheat or mod of some sort within the next few months where they'll at least be selectable, even if not playable.

My anxiety is going to force me to hold out for the full playability. I get panic attacks just thinking about it.

And disagree with me all you like but you know you're disagreeing with a fucking medicated disability, right? Send your disagrees to my psychiatrist.

Person in wheelchair: I find it difficult to go up and down stairs. I wish they had a ramp

Sims community: Idk, I don't really have a problem with it. Stairs seem perfectly fine.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:56 PM
My anxiety is going to force me to hold out for the full playability. I get panic attacks just thinking about it.

And disagree with me all you like but you know you're disagreeing with a fucking medicated disability, right? Send your disagrees to my psychiatrist.

Person in wheelchair: I find it difficult to go up and down stairs. I wish they had a ramp

Sims community: Idk, I don't really have a problem with it. Stairs seem perfectly fine.

Yeah yeah yeah blame your psychiatrist, not your high horse. Pft. Apparently if people agree that you right, you're right. If people think you're wrong, its psychiatrist fault. Still waiting for you to quote me on the things you accused me of in the other thread.

---

Back to the topic... This cat is insufferable hahaha. The scratching post is just right there Mayor Whiskers! And he's damn clever. He only scratch furniture when the adults not around to discipline him.

Page 3 of 6