Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Lag Fix - Updated 8-24-18

by Xerox Posted 25th Aug 2018 at 6:25 PM - Updated 26th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM by Xerox

326 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 14
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:40 AM
tested this mod on its own. laundry and taking out the rubbish are two additional actions i've seen take even longer to complete with it installed. :'(
Test Subject
#127 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 4:42 AM
I've tested this with no other mods/cc in the game (i have every pack and expansion btw), and I still get severe lag in movement from characters. I have to frequently pause/unpause to get a single task done
I get this issue on any lot, but it seems to mostly occur on lots with lots of sims or building content the most. San Myshuno being a huge culprit thanks to its integrated layout.

So far it seems to do with what a PCs CPU can handle. Doesn't appear to be necessarily all this mod despite the spike in lagging happening with this download. It may be that individual CPUs simply hit full capacity a bit sooner with the addition of this mod (some lagging can be attributed to the PC itself and not the game itself which might explain the hard to replicate spikes in lagging people are getting)
Forum Resident
#128 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
I personally not using MCC tho which is a complex mod unlike the other who uses it. So yeah we both agreed that this will not work for everyone. All I can say that lets wish them goodluck who try their best to make this work it seems that there is no other way. I will run more testing and update this topic right away if I can find something interesting or useful.

I use little function of the center, just some functions that are more maintained, the rest is disconnected. I manage my game myself. Just to tell you that if you look, the value 17 of the Slice is still used in this model, already at the time of creation by SymmyTheSims. This value is not or more correct. I have been testing other values for two years, others are more stable. You have to know that it works high scale and many functions of the game, as the dishes do not speak here below. A division by two is too simplistic as done in this script, we must go further on the search for this value. I found values that work, will say better in my game, without script. If you can help, the number 7 looks cursed in the Sims4 game settings. Be happy with the Sims4 game, I love it for myself
Test Subject
#129 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:45 AM
Installed this update earlier today and tested it out. Didn't see a difference with time slowing down and "rubberbanding" backwards, but I guess I kinda see an improvement to Sims being idle. At its current state I could live with or without the mod. Hopefully in the next update it'll help more with the time lag.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
I use little function of the center, just some functions that are more maintained, the rest is disconnected. I manage my game myself. Just to tell you that if you look, the value 17 of the Slice is still used in this model, already at the time of creation by SymmyTheSims. This value is not or more correct. I have been testing other values for two years, others are more stable. You have to know that it works high scale and many functions of the game, as the dishes do not speak here below. A division by two is too simplistic as done in this script, we must go further on the search for this value. I found values that work, will say better in my game, without script. If you can help, the number 7 looks cursed in the Sims4 game settings. Be happy with the Sims4 game, I love it for myself

Yeah I've been testing different values. I find 10 who gives better improvements in my end with the value of approximately 0.001, at this time I'm testing something interesting regarding with those users who has thousands of CC in their game. I think larger value could handle those kind of scenario. Further progress of my testing still not getting any better result with it and sometimes objects are kinda vanishing without picking them up, still in trial and error state. I will update you right away if I can come up with a solution and a better performance.

AshenSS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:42 AM
Thank you so much! You're Awesome!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:39 PM
Thank You for updating this.
Test Subject
#133 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 9:33 AM
Time still goes back for me, and I don't see a significant improvement anywhere else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:26 PM Last edited by darkuria : 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:32 PM.
Lol for some reason mine stopped working and it was working perfectly fine for days (real days of playing) xD and I am using the same lot, what a weird. I didn't touch anything in MCCC, I have the same CCs. Who knows? what a mistery. I will be like the other user, I have to test then and I hope find someday my solution. From the moment I will put it out, it is the same having it or not, but at least I have the updated version, later I will play with the settings, right now I need to make a challenge so I don't have time.
Test Subject
#135 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkuria
Lol for some reason mine stopped working and it was working perfectly fine for days (real days of playing) xD and I am using the same lot, what a weird. I didn't touch anything in MCCC, I have the same CCs. Who knows? what a mistery. I will be like the other user, I have to test then and I hope find someday my solution. From the moment I will put it out, it is the same having it or not, but at least I have the updated version, later I will play with the settings, right now I need to make a challenge so I don't have time.

Yeah, this seemed to work well for the first few days after I installed it, now it's severely lagging. I will have to remove it from my game for now unfortunately...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:43 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!!
Forum Resident
#137 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
Yeah I've been testing different values. I find 10 who gives better improvements in my end with the value of approximately 0.001, at this time I'm testing something interesting regarding with those users who has thousands of CC in their game. I think larger value could handle those kind of scenario. Further progress of my testing still not getting any better result with it and sometimes objects are kinda vanishing without picking them up, still in trial and error state. I will update you right away if I can come up with a solution and a better performance.

How nice. I put the value 0.4 and I lowered the second value to 0.08 to keep a fair gap. My Slice at the value 32. I'm playing with the game speed 100 (I like to have nice longer and more realistic interactions, I try to keep a certain length that guarantees a very nice game. I can not play with the basic speed of the game)
I reviewed the randomization by reducing the second value for the Blank to 10.15. I also changed the score 0.51 in 0.5. For the rest, I'll tell you what else I've done, I'm testing, it's raining, the storm is in full swing, they are at the restaurant on the island of Windenburg.
I have a super stable result, you have to see when moving from batch to batch, this is where the truth comes from. These values work without the script or with. Another person has already seen this SimmyTheSims script in May, here on MTS, nobody talks about it. She made available the source for the creators. I have his script in my files, I compare for now Thank you for your kindness
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:20 AM
This actually really helped me! Esp. in 8 sim households. Ur the best <3
Test Subject
#139 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 7:09 AM
this mod has sped up almost every interaction except for bathroom visits, eating from the fridge and washing dishes. i have no idea why.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:23 AM
Nope this made it worse I think.

When using ultra fast speed, it very often jumps back, and the "blurred" number doesnt change at all, so it shows its ultraspeed but acts like fast only...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 6:12 PM
I have seen a major improvement since putting this mod in my game. I haven't experienced any simulation lag since. I'm hoping that continues. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#142 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 8:26 PM
This doesn't work for me
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:39 PM
Works fantastic for me. Thank you so much. It was maddening when my other lag fix mod broke with Seasons.
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:27 AM
It does not work for me, the animations take longer than usual. :/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#145 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 2:24 PM
The mod is great, but not compatible with Whicked Wims. Without WW it works perfect.
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bigyipsi
The mod is great, but not compatible with Whicked Wims. Without WW it works perfect.

It works great on my end with WW,and thousands of CC, but for sure is throwing up last exceptions with zebru's Go To School mod V4
Test Subject
#147 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 4:51 AM
Doesn't work for me, Had to go back to the previous lag fix. I have all packs. Also have MCCC and Basemental. Don't know if that will help trying to troubleshoot the mod.
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigyipsi

I commented before that this mod stopped working without reason and it was working for me for days of playing, so it was very weird to me but I saw it was due to Whicked Whims, for some reason when I putted WW this mod didn't work well. Who knows? I prefer this, so I had to put out WW. This is happening since I updated Whicked Whims, that it was few days ago. Now I am playing my game smoother with this mod again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 8:09 AM
Dudes, bless seriously mans.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:27 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! My game is not perfect but it is a lot better!
Page 6 of 14