Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Lag Fix - Updated 8-24-18

by Xerox Posted 25th Aug 2018 at 6:25 PM - Updated 26th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM by Xerox

326 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 14
Scholar
#176 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TravisB/tso/jollypines
I must have missed something.. or just dont understand! U have to do this to install the mod? Because this seems like something a python file would do on its own from my experience with them? witch isnt much! but i recall it being like an auto installer type setup? Also, does anyone know if this is compatiable with MCC? With the whole time editing in both mods?

This is to change values in the current script. You must read from the start of the discussion to see what it is about.
As I said it is not necesary to compile it but it wll be smaller and faster.

To install a python script in TS4 you only need to zip the .py file and put it in Mods folder.
The game will look for .zip or .ts4script files in Mods folder when started, unzip and execute it.
I have now tested it by changeing the value from 17 to 13 but in my case it did not change anything. My lag is extreme. Sims just stands there when I order them to clean up or emty trash bin.

I did like this:
Repaired game in Origin, removed caches and the usual tricks.
Removed all mods in the Mods folder and moved in one mod at a time. I have now only the "must have" ones like MCC, WW and UI Cheat and it work very well. I will move in the rest later to see what mod is conflicting.

Scholar
#177 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:58 AM Last edited by Morphar : 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
Much better to use 3.3 - 3.5 instead of 3.6-3.7 since they have a functionality that sims 4 can't recognize, not the entire thing but to avoid some minor problems.

Well I have 3.3 myself but when I checked in the link there was newer versions so I thought newer is better but not in this case then. Thanks.

Version 3.5.6 is the latest for Sims then.

Sources I read:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=536436
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...-the-game-files
https://askubuntu.com/questions/324...e-a-python-file
Test Subject
#178 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Removed all mods in the Mods folder and moved in one mod at a time. I have now only the "must have" ones like MCC, WW and UI Cheat and it work very well. I will move in the rest later to see what mod is conflicting.

Godspeed.

I'd like to test this myself but I don't have the time lately to check since I have quite a few scripting mods. Looking forward to your results :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:55 AM
finally someone did it ! lmao ♥
Test Subject
#180 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:34 AM
Works like a charm bruh, good job , but my sims freeze up when they attempt to clean and try to drink something. Tried taking out the script, same thing happen, tried remaking the whole package myself, and the same thing happen. Any fix?
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:39 PM
Could someone please upload just the SimulationLagFix.pyo after the value has been changed from 17 to 13?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:32 AM
im still having major stimulation lag? how do i fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:29 PM
How can I found the SimulationLagFix.py file? The only files I have are the .package and the .ts4script
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:46 AM
Well I hope that whoever keeps it updated will go ahead and make it .pyc, since .pyo will be dead for the sims in november

http://simscommunity.info/2018/10/0...python-upgrade/
Field Researcher
#185 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:52 AM
Default 13 seconds
Hey guys, I compiled the pyo file following the procedure shown above. I attached the ts4script only. I did not touch the package file. Please backup your game before trying it out.

Cheers
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SimulationLagFix-ts4scriptonly-13seconds.zip (2.7 KB, 485 downloads)

One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them, One Sim to bring them all, And with bodyshop bind them
Test Subject
#186 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:26 PM
This mod makes my teen sims be stuck and unable to do actions. I can queue actions up and abort them but the sim will just stand infront of the object and do nothing which results in a early death due to their rapidly depleting needs.
Tried to remove all my other mods/cc but unfortunetly this is the one causing the problem. Not recommended in its current state if you are planning to play with families.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:20 PM
Thank you for upload Garkman your script save my game
Test Subject
#188 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 1:14 AM
This mod AND Garkman's upload break the game and show the same problems as Sabargos' post. No sim moves anymore.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 1:22 AM
This mod and Garkman's fix work fine for me, things work as they should. I just wish Garkman would have just made it .pyc, but maybe the sims cannot do .pyc until the next update.
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabargos
This mod makes my teen sims be stuck and unable to do actions. I can queue actions up and abort them but the sim will just stand infront of the object and do nothing which results in a early death due to their rapidly depleting needs.
Tried to remove all my other mods/cc but unfortunetly this is the one causing the problem. Not recommended in its current state if you are planning to play with families.

I explained this kind of issue already in previous comment. We cannot guarantee that the said values will work for everyone. I also posted a mini tutorial to find your own value and see in previous post. If issue still persist it might due to using third-party programs or copy of the game. Through a lot of requests and issue reports to debug the game thoroughly and pin out the real problem I'm 100% sure that any value causing you problems can be alter to match with yours end.

AshenSS
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickys
This mod AND Garkman's upload break the game and show the same problems as Sabargos' post. No sim moves anymore.

Same goes for you.

AshenSS
Test Subject
#192 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:44 PM
it did not help me. the time continues to roll back .. I have reinstalled sims and do not use other mods or cc.
On both of my PCs is this happening. Is this rly working for someone?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
It's not working for me :/ Is the mod broken, or is my computer so bad that not even a mod can fix it? I'm still making this a Thanks Post because I know this worked for other people.
Test Subject
#194 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garkman
Hey guys, I compiled the pyo file following the procedure shown above. I attached the ts4script only. I did not touch the package file. Please backup your game before trying it out.

Cheers

Hi Garkman

Thanks for the fix it is working great on my set up. One issue is that is does throw out a last exception, on occasion. Looking at it it is a conflict with the injector.py in the same file. My bad I tossed the readout, next time it shows up I will send it to you. I thing maybe the injector.py needs to be updated also.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:09 AM
Hey guys, I appreciate the thanks and feedback. Unfortunately I'm no programmer nor modder. I just followed the procedure to change the values posted in previous pages. I script with 13 milliseconds works for me and my computer however as stated in previous posts, this mod depends on computer configuration and other mods you have installed. Some people reported Lag fix simulator works fine with 10 milliseconds, other with 17.
My Pc is from 2008. Intel quadcore Q600 with 8 gigs of ram.

AshenSeaced explained clearly why this mod could fail.

Thanks again, cheers.

One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them, One Sim to bring them all, And with bodyshop bind them
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twmuse
Hi Garkman

Thanks for the fix it is working great on my set up. One issue is that is does throw out a last exception, on occasion. Looking at it it is a conflict with the injector.py in the same file. My bad I tossed the readout, next time it shows up I will send it to you. I thing maybe the injector.py needs to be updated also.

First I recommend you to compress injector.py to .pyc and put them together or the .pyc only in the file, raw code of the injector will not work properly as it needs to be set as administrator file and access the internal process manager of the game so compressing it will get rid of the exception message.

If the exception message is still popping up, it has to do with the other set of codes that was modified by the user or it has to do with the game version support.

Last case is if you are using MCCC, this is caused by MCCC exception dumper, it has a lot of bugs and needs to be modified by deaderpool "MCCC author", just ignore the exception message.

AshenSS
Test Subject
#197 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
First I recommend you to compress injector.py to .pyc and put them together or the .pyc only in the file, raw code of the injector will not work properly as it needs to be set as administrator file and access the internal process manager of the game so compressing it will get rid of the exception message.

If the exception message is still popping up, it has to do with the other set of codes that was modified by the user or it has to do with the game version support.

Last case is if you are using MCCC, this is caused by MCCC exception dumper, it has a lot of bugs and needs to be modified by deaderpool "MCCC author", just ignore the exception message.

Thanks AshenSeaced

I do not use MCCC, was never anything but a headache to me. In the script right now the is an injector.py and injector.pyc , along with the SimulationLagFix.py and SimulationLagFix.pyo

So if I understand you correctly I should recompile the injector.py (the injector.pyc is old) and SimulationLagFix.py to .pyc and leave only the 2 .pyc files in the folder?
Test Subject
#198 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brightesteyes11
I'm having issues with this mod. Even worse than before I installed it. I even deleted WW and my sims still won't use the toilet or throw away trash.

I know this has been covered, but I've had this exact same issue. The mod actually fixes the lag for eating/preparing meals/etc, but when it comes to trash maintenance and using the bathroom, there's something about those actions that just doesn't work for the mod. It took my butler forever to pick up trash after I ordered him to, and I had a Sim pee themselves because I was playing in a house of 6 and none of them would go to the bathroom when prompted.

I don't think it's an issue with the mod, because the mod DOES fix some things-- but I think with how buggy Sims 4 is, putting anything in that straightens one thing out is bound to screw up another.

---

Keep up the good work! When this mod does work for me, it's beautiful.
Test Subject
#199 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanta.panda
I know this has been covered, but I've had this exact same issue. The mod actually fixes the lag for eating/preparing meals/etc, but when it comes to trash maintenance and using the bathroom, there's something about those actions that just doesn't work for the mod. It took my butler forever to pick up trash after I ordered him to, and I had a Sim pee themselves because I was playing in a house of 6 and none of them would go to the bathroom when prompted.

I don't think it's an issue with the mod, because the mod DOES fix some things-- but I think with how buggy Sims 4 is, putting anything in that straightens one thing out is bound to screw up another.

---

Keep up the good work! When this mod does work for me, it's beautiful.

This mod works fine as intended, if you use MCCC, dump it. That mod messes with so many other mods it is crazy. I have no problem with butler,use the toilet or throw away trash, or anything else, it is working great, you may need to play with the mil-sec setting to find what works for your machine-set up.
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanta.panda

Further instruction to fix the mod on your end is in page 7-8. Follow the mini-easy-steps that I posted in page 7 and expanded by Morphar in page 8.

Additional Instruction:
B1. Open the .package with S4S or S4PE
B2. Select the tuning with the instance of 2BE55516548A9522 named time_service
B3. Edit the XML data and change the value inside <T n="enabled"> with your exact value
B4. Save the file and its ready to test.

Note: All changes must be apply to both package and script.

AshenSS
Page 8 of 14