Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 2:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher and Undeletable in-game collections
Hi, everyone!
I have the same problem, as probably has each-one, who uses TS3 launcher for installing Sims3Store content: it creates bunch of uneditables and undeletables collections, which are sometimes empty, when it regards create-a-sim store sets. You might delete them in the game, but after rebooting the game, collections are turned back.
There is already discussion on official site about it, but topic was closed and till now I haven't found solution for this bug (nor with Google Search).
I have too asked there (another topic ), where this problem was discussed, if someone discovered, how to get rid of those undeletable collections. Simmers there haven't found solution for now.
I have attempted to uninstall batch files from it (Valgon57's advice on official site). Problem with launcher is, when I uninstall something from that (even with only one set installed), it will breaks remaining installed content (I have recently tested with Luxury Resort Attire and it has broken efHairHatSTORE12ReBow and efHairHatSTORE12ReBeret and I haven't had them more in my game.
As I'm unsure, if I can discuss there about compressing files (JFade tool) is alloved on official site, for this reason I have asked too here, on MTS.
I would like some solution - even placing in Packages folder edited batch for set, what allows to upload on exchange styles for single items included in related set (in past, when I've used my store content installed via S3PE converted packages, I wasn't able to upload items, but only lots and sims) - some solution, what hides that wonky collection (and many others).
Can You help me, please?
(I'm shy to stalk here with my own topic, but I have really "googled" many times with zero results).
Marvelous 3-simming at everyone!
Edit: Win7, i-7, 16GB RAM, patch 1.67, Store patched too
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:41 PM
Hm, I don't think that this is a problem that affects everybody. None of the Store sets that I have installed via the Launcher create a collection in the collection folder. The folders I do have there I had to create myself. I do remember the threads at the official forum and already then thought that this is a bizarre problem.

If you install sets as .package files the problem should not come up, in any case. I suppose you did this with three steps: 1- recompressorise with Jfade's or Pescado's tool; 2- extract the set with MultiInstaller; 3- merge the resulting packages with the help of S3PE. The store set icon will also appear as a package file, however, and you should delete this from the extracted set before merging the files.

As regards the Exchange upload, I am not sure whether I understood what you want to do. You want to upload a recolour (the style created in CASt for individual objects)? No, I don't think that this will work for converted package files. But I can't say for sure, because, like many people here, I try to avoid the Exchange and especially have never downloaded a Style.
If you want to upload a lot that contains converted Store stuff, however, the references to these Store items will remain intact, though, including their recolours in CASt.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:29 PM
Hi, Don Babilon! Thank you so much for yours answer.
I have before used most of my store content converted in packages (due to uninstalling content), but I wasn't able to upload styles for the items. Sometimes I'm finding there hidden stencils on EA items and it seems that official forums visitors are liking to download it.
Myself - I'm aware of the Exchange and if rarely downloading something, I'm converting this in package, before putting it in my game (in hope, that it will save my user folder from creepy dolls and another issues).
I was today able (for the first time in my life) able to look in *.ebc file with S3PE (I've changed extension on it on *.package and then ran trough Compressorizer Redux) - by this way I've seen, that in *.ebc file, where I've uninstalled batch for LuxResortAttireSet, were missing resources os OBJD, OBJK, LITE, FTPT and anothers, which are present in full *.ebc file and in 0x2875ec60cb384d5f92119f902051ce27.package (batch for set found in DCBackup folder).
I would like to know, what resource is responsable for creating that undeletable collection and if is here some possibility for us mortals (I do not understand FNV Hash Editors and 3D editing and many another things) to edit only converted LuxResortAttireSet.package manually in Grid Mode in S3PE (I'm able to make recat, vertical shifting, I've repaired too missing text on cryoStasisChamber, when I have had game installed in italian language) and then place it in *.package folder.
I'm now reinstalling whole store and I'm still finding some hidden presets, what I'm not remembering to seen in MrHawk studio and what I've not uploaded in mine and if is here some possibility to have store installed for not creating problems with the exchange, I would prefer this way. (I have never uploaded here on MTS, because I'm unsure, if my upload will be here approved - only stencil unlocks and sometimes mask editing for get 4th colorway channel, where I'm able to do (I have in my game too Showtime "fenceSpanCol" fully castable)).
Thank you so much for patiency with me (and effort in searching to understand my alien-english). :blush: Marvelous 3-simming!
#4 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 8:56 AM
Because it is only happening in games of some people that Store sets end up with a collection entry in their collection folder I fear that there will be no easy answer.
In oder to find out I would try this as a first attempt:
1- Install a set that you know creates an undeletable collection entry in a fresh user folder with no other Store items installed.
2- Check whether it has created a collection entry again and then search in the Collections folder for the file. Collection files are package files so you should be able to open it in S3PE 3- Decrypt the resulting ebc using s3rc or Jfade's tool. Do not use "decrapify" as this will change the internal IDs
4- Now search for any reference for instance numbers that are identical to the ones you can find in the collection file
5- Also decrypt the original sims3pack and search for the instance numbers there, too.
Maybe a pattern will emerge that tells you where the Launcher makes the error. Because I think that this is a bug that happens during the installation process. I'm sorry that I can't help you any further because this is a bug that personally I have never encountered and I don't know of anyone here who knows very much about how the Launcher works in detail.

Although I wonder whether this effort will be really worth it, because if you do find a way to avoid the collection entry you would have to do this via a mod. Which would require any Exchange user to have a mod framework too and download your fix from a site like MTS here. If they do have a mod framework it would be more time saving for them to install the files as extracted packages themselves then in the first place anyway. And unlocked stencils can also be shared as mods, which is safer in my opinion than going via the collection file approach. Personally I have downloaded several stencil unlocks as override mods from cc sites.

So why not spend your time and effort in writing a tutorial here instead on how to unlock stencils yourself? I for one would be grateful for that, just as I am very grateful for your findings about the previously unknown entries in OBJD that you shared on the wiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:22 AM
Hi there!
Now I'm working on Everyday clothes and most od the sets are listed on Tiki5872's list and there is much to do. I'll turn back when I've got some results.
I would give this attempt - Exchange user will download only user presets for object, but I wanna edit not shared batch for set, which isn't required for gameplay. (In past - when I've used converted packages in my game, I have it still deleted from folder before merging).
(OBJD resources: it was Inge, who helped me with this out and encouraged me to post it, another thanks to Inge for TT3 Tweaker, which I'm using for unlocking my stencils and she has wrote guide for it too in better english than mine. :shy: )
Thank you for to search helping me out.
#6 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:36 AM
Haha, now I have to thank you, because I have once asked for a tutorial for unlocking stencils and nobody replied.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:56 AM
I'm grateful to you, that you are searching to help me with this for you not important issue.
(OT: In this tutorial I do not see nothing about stencils (I may overlook it), but there is all only about tick-untick. If you'll find image related at yours package outside of yours package, you need to import it there with S3PE and then choose yours stencil in TT3. If is image already present in yours user folder or in Programs (where are TS3 installed), game should recognize it without including in yours override _IMG too. If you are understanding my alien-english, feel free to ask me - PM too).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:29 PM
I'm back - sfortunatelly in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Collections\User wasn't added or altered no-one package after installing EverydayToddlerSet. It has modified Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Collections\collectionOrder.package and from S3PE hex preview I do not understand, what it says. I don't know, how to identify then that resource.
Usually unwanted collection disappears, when uninstalling batch for set. It stays only in *.ebc.
With Resort Attire I was lucky and I have managed to get it in game without batch, but there are another sets what are causing the identic issue.
#9 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 6:15 PM
I have another idea, which might at least help you but not others. It should be possible to delete the set icon from sims3packs using CUSTARD after you compressorised the sims3pack. The Launcher would then perhaps install the set without any possible collection file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 30th Oct 2016 at 1:12 AM.
Hi, Don Babilon! I really appreciate that you are searching to help me. Sorry for my sincerity, but I don't want to hurt you:
I haven't never altered by launcher installed Sims3Packs itself. I'm affraid, that altered Sims3Pack will create altered *.ebc files in DCCache too and my uploads from Exchange will be removed for some reason (if I'll able to upload there using that altered *.ebc file (maybe replacing items included in those sets with DCBackup packages installed from original non encrypted Sims3Pack).
I wanna avoid to reinstall store again (however I'm keeping track, what is in each *.ebc file and I'm saving all fresh Sims3Packs from Store on my removable HDD), because I own all what is now purchaseable and launcher is very slow and not reliable - for this I'm so pedantic.
For now I'll continue with installation (I'm slow, because perfectioning too my Excel lists, TS3-Store PH folders, collections using (again ) Inge Jones's Collection Tweaker, Store fixes and keeping each *.ebc file under 204.800 KB.) I haven't finished even 10th *.ebc file and I suppose there will be more than 20.
Then, if someone is interested, I might to post how and if I've avoided those 36 undeletable collections (batch number in DCBackup, if I've uninstalled batch ot installed individual sims3packs - where aren't sims3packs broken or missing in store) - for to help at another users. Yours last advice I'll look at that later, when another methods fail.
Maybe we two are having different game version - you have wrote, that you aren't experiencing this issue. Have you maybe digital version of the game? I'm on clean non social DVD version, patched 1.67, Origin not updated for long time (because affraid it will bring me on 1.69). Have you installed many whole not compressorizzed Sims3Packs (those from Tiki5872's list + AmericanaSet n DivaAndDivoCASSet)?
Thank you again for yours effort and have a marvelous 3-Simming!
#11 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 2:08 AM
I have the original disk version from 2009, manually patched to 1.67 and no Origin at all. I used to have all my Store stuff installed via Launcher but last year converted most of it to package. The only sets that are still installed as sims3packs are worlds, venues and some premium content sets.
Looking at the list by Tiki5872 I can say that I had several of these sets installed and that I did definitely not have that issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 10:12 PM
Thank you again, Don Babilon. Then I do not understand, why I have this issue (and some another users too) and you not. We are agree with simmer, who is searching to help me on Sims3-com, that this problem is somewhere in *.ebc file itself or it can be too in missingeps.idx. I'll continue to confronting Sets with their Individual Sims3Packs and where possible, I'll install individual items only. I hope that by this way I can avoid to fight with those undeletable collections.
(Nature permitting, because today we were woke-up with another earthquake of central Italy and I haven't had so much thoughts about TS3.)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 10:54 PM
Hello Billy, I also have this problem, the undeletable collection files. It's especially frustrating since clothing doesn't even show in a collection file anyway! After much searching and googling and posting, someone finally helped me out with this solution - if you put your computer in airplane mode before you boot up your game, the collection files do not appear.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM
Hello, ZeeGee! And thank you for writting here. I'll make further Google search for it: not being so much tech savvy: I have to find answer how to do it on desktop Win7. Quick Googlesearch shown only laptop results with more results for following OS (Win8, 10).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:30 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I used airplane mode because I'm on a laptop. You just need to disable your internet somehow. Turn off your wifi or unplug your internet connection. The collection files seem to somehow download again if you are connected to the internet. Here is the forum link:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...n-file-question
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 31st Oct 2016 at 12:00 AM.
Thank you so much, ZeeGee! If I'll not manage to get rid of those useless and disturbing collections during installation process, I'll definitelly disconnect my PC from I-net. I prefer to have it on, because many times, while playing, I'm using google search, saving tutorials from there and answering some messages, while loading the game. I have learned to keep the game off-line (logged out), while playing (not interested about badges and Simport rewards for now), but so much love for internet! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 12:03 AM
You can reconnect internet after the game is done booting. It just needs to be off while the game is booting. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 12:24 AM
Thank you, ZeeGee, I'll try it. Have a marvellous 3-simming!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 12:29 AM
You too :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 9:20 AM
Thank you both, Don Babilon and Zee Gee, for to searching to help me with this issue. Yesterday it was too late here and I wasn't able to answer here more. Today I'll try to launch game with complete sets installed and internet disabled. But I'll too continue to search for a solution, when I haven't to disable internet. I don't know to disable I-net with few clicks only on my PC (sorry for my missing knowledges) and where are cables (don't having Wi-Fi), is mounted protection against my two dwarf-rabbits (who are finding all furniture in ours house very tasty - especially cables with elettricity in it).
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 9:49 AM
I have no idea uninstalling set header can make elder hair missing, I already notice that they disappear but I thought because of they're tied to their af/ya version.

Thank you for linking the tutorial, I always wanted to know how you can find those hidden stencils :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 12:04 AM
Hi, Valgon57! I'm very happy that I can you see here too (It's like a find my lost family :shy: ). :lovestruc I think, that launcher sometimes brokes installed *.ebc files. 2nd time I was lucky and uninstalling batch for set I have found all previously seen CAS items in game again. I have had one time happening too, that that evil tool (Launcher) broken some items from sets previously installed in the same *.ebc file too and I've seen in my build-buy catalog only little black balls replacing previously installed items (but maybe only my game is witched).
For now I'm searching to install individual items only, where is that possible, if not, I'm installing sets with undeletable collections when beginning new *.ebc file and uninstalling batch before re-opening launcher (or launching game) - there I was more lucky and I can better control, if all already shows + if it isn't broken (confronting number and categorization of packages in DCBackup and installed *.ebc file size).
Slow method, but I wanna be sure, that is all perfectly where it should be (in the limits of known bugs) for don't should touch it again.
I should thank you for revealing method, how to get all those individual links for the items, which sometimes aren't having own store pages. I like to avoid installing batch for set, which sometimes reaches 1'300 KB (when converted in package), because it includes too all _IMG resources for another (set not tied) item - including mask, specular, multiplier, stencils (i.e. bedDoubleFairy) and they are only blowing ours game folders. (For stencils I've posted link only, but without Inge or Peter Jones there will not be written and created nothing about what to post. )
Site Helper
#23 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 5:04 PM
To disable your internet for Sims 3 you can set your firewall to forbid the Sims from accessing the internet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 6:35 PM
Thank you, Ghost sdoj, I'll study it after finished downloading store content, as it not seems be one-click solution. I'm shy, that I haven't practice with it, sorry. Thank you for to search to help me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 8:49 AM
A little update: still going trough individual sims3packs / sets and installing preferably individual sims 3 packs and no sets - for get rid of undeletable collections. (It occupies in final *.ebc file smaller space and it's easier to keep those files under 204.800 KB = 200 MB). I'm on 21.ebc file.
I'm confronting 1) *.ebc size with set installed x *.ebc size with individual sims3 packs installed and 2) number of packages extracted in DCBackup. If difference between those is +/- the same as the batch for set, I'm choosing to install related content in individual Sims3Packs and not in set. If difference don't corrisponds, I'm confronting content of DCBackup packages for set and DCBackup packages for individual Sims3Packs. (It isn't 100% reliable method, but I wanna to attempt to get rid of those undeletable collections without disabling internet).
So far I was unable to install in individual Sims3Packs following sets with undeletable collections: "Diva and Divo Cas Set" (missing elder hair) and "Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection" (corrupted afBodySwimOnePieceDrape.Sims3Pack = Shirred One-Piece Swimsuit, which contains elder Beach Visor hairstyle).
By this way I have discovered, that FancyFashionSet.Sims3Pack hasn't 3 elder hairstyles in it (and known missing afShoesClassPumpBow) and I was happy that it haven't content missing in individual Sims3Packs (22 extracted DCBackup packages) x 19 DCBackup packages for FancyFashionSet.Sims3Pack (18 items + 1 for batch).
I'll post here full list of what from sets with undeletable collections is possible to install individually after finished to install all my Store content in game (owning all now purchaseable Store content). I hope, that I do not disturb with keeping this topic alive, but I feel duty to exhaust solution here, so who will search solve this issue, will find that.
Page 1 of 2