Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 10:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Problems with CC in launcher
First off, it's not allowing me to install content over a certain file size, telling me i need to update the game even though i have the latest patch. I assume this has to do with the amount of content already in my game, but i cannot go through whats installed because the launcher crashes when i try. is there a way for me to fix this or at the very least delete cc without needing the launcher? I have been downloading cc for a while now, and never had these problems untill very recently. most of my cc comes straight from the sims 3 exchange, and only a few are sims3pack files,
(my computer is a windows 8 pc)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 32sims
First off, it's not allowing me to install content over a certain file size, telling me i need to update the game even though i have the latest patch. I assume this has to do with the amount of content already in my game, but i cannot go through whats installed because the launcher crashes when i try. is there a way for me to fix this or at the very least delete cc without needing the launcher? I have been downloading cc for a while now, and never had these problems untill very recently. most of my cc comes straight from the sims 3 exchange, and only a few are sims3pack files,
(my computer is a windows 8 pc)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...ks_without_the/
Just make sure to make backups of those folders before doing any deleting, so that you have them in safe place just in case.

On a side note, the Sims 3 Exchance does not mean save to use, not by a long shot. Just the opposite. Anyone can upload just about anything there and the uploads aren't screened in any way to make sure they're safe. This is a long and well known fact. I haven't dowloaded anything from the exchange ever, only a couple of festival lots made by EA's own gurus. But custom creations... never ever.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:52 AM
I 100% agree with varpunen that the TS3 exchange is NOT a safe way to get cc. There is no screen for bad cc and it is hard to identify what you even have.

There is a complicated way to remove cc from sims3packs, from Crinrict: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...r-launcher.html

Personally, I would ditch the whole batch and start over. I would remove my game folder to the desktop, then start the game and let it generate a new folder. You can add saves and options back, but if you add lots and sims, they should be checked for bad cc first. Spend some time looking at Crinrict's website. She has some great info and advice. Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo