Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:53 PM Last edited by dawnpage99 : 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Solved: Chris Hatch Simstore Fixes
I probably don't have the correct name for this as I tend to rename files, but in going through my files not currently in my game. I found a Chris Hatch mod called FixedStoreEditionStuff that has the following package files: Art Nouveaulicious, Asian Fusion, Castle_Build, Castle_Buy, Cubic_Set, and Deco_Set.

Could anyone tell me what they do/fix?

TIA
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 9:01 PM
If I recall correctly, back around 2007 Maxis used to offer new things from time to time via their online "Store" which you could get for so many "points". And you could buy "points" with real money. So it was one early way they tried to make money off of new content without going to the trouble of making an official Stuff Pack. But Maxis being Maxis, not all of the items they "sold" worked correctly for one reason or another.

I'm betting that those files are where Chris fixed the broken Store items.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:16 PM
Some of the store items weren't updated for the expansion pack features, so bookshelves wouldn't have the new options that came with FT, fridges wouldn't have the options that came with seasons, etc.

This is the same with a lot of the "bonus" items that came with each EP/SP as special CC for preordering. There's fixes available for those too
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:26 PM
Main fix is Store Edition not required. The original files were a big mess with multiple repeats of textures and meshes, by cleaning them up the file size is halved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:06 PM
Thank you all for explaining these files. :-)