Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 6:47 AM
Default "Another Place"
Characters:
-Emma Wilton, the main character
-Clarissa "Clar" or "Claris" Wilton, Emma's mother
-Claire Sophie Martegan, Emma's best friend
-Jacob "Jake" Martin, Emma's crush
-Mrs. Penelope Damiens, Emma's homeroom teacher (high school)
-----------------------------------
XX.EMMA'S POV.XX
I listened to Jake as he gave me the details of his "great" date with a girl named Mariah last night. Really, I was bored and couldn't care less of what Jake had to say. The television was on, but it was on mute. He was sitting right next to me, on the white, soft loveseat couch.
I actually was busy exploring my own thoughts; I've had a crush on Jake since the middle of last year and he didn't know it; now, we somehow became good friends. Finally I snapped out of thinking and tried my best (honestly) to listen to Jake's blabberish. He was talking too fast, but finally he paused and continued slowly.
"I don't really like Mariah, though. I'm looking for someone else. Almost anyone else."
Words slipped out of my mouth. Suddenly, I was more interested. "Why don't you like her? You DID say you had a great date with her... A date isn't going somewhere with someone and deciding you don't think they're good enough."
"Well, she's okay... I want to tell you something."
"Say it."
"I can't, though. Not... now."
"Okay then. What else to talk about?"
I looked at Jake, and he seemed lost. He turned to me and our eyes locked together. I tried looking away, but... his eyes were so fierce and chocolately.....
"I don't..." I began but he put his hand over mine (which was lazily right next to me, also resting on the couch) and looked up at me, as if to ask if I was okay with his action. He leaned in, and our lips touched each other.
He pushed me down on the couch and fiercely made out with me.
Then I had another one.
Another... present-day vision, sort of.
Don't get what I mean? I can read people's minds... but not when I want to. I'm 98% of the time correct, or something like that. It runs in my family, but only the oldest girl of a generation inherits it. Well, my mom was an only child, and so am I...
I was reading his mind.
"I can't wait to get this over with. Gosh, does her armpit stink? But soon I'll be with Claire... I never thought using Emma would be so easy!"
I shoved Jake away from me.
"What are you thinking?" I questioned him rudely. He simply pulled my body close to him again. I slapped him.
"What is up with you?! Do you seriously think I'd want to hook up with your friend, Claire?!"
His eyes bulged wide. A tear rolled from my left eye; I couldn't believe it... I had hoped I was wrong. I didn't even say anything about what I heard and already he accidentally spat it out!
"I... uh... what did I just say? I think I'm going cuckoo!"
"I think you're leaving my house." I led him to the door, opened it, and shoved him out. I slammed the door.
-------------
TO BE CONTINUED...
Ag, it's a teenager love story again!!! EEEEK!

ENTJ
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 8:14 PM
Default Part 2
[Some of you may recognize the name "Brallywood". It came from a YouTube Sims 2 series, by Kriisulina or someone like that. Enjoy!]
------------------------------
Once the door was closed I immediately felt weird, unsure... and unhappy. Had the 2% chance of a false premonition, or such?

Well, all I knew was that I had just gotten rid of my major crush in a dramatic way. It couldn't be false, because he had admitted it. That wiped away my fears. I looked out the window and saw him driving away in his red Hunka sports car. I sighed and ran upstairs to my room. I felt depressed, but even like this I'd have to tell Claire the whole situation. Hopefully he wasn't heading up to her place in Brallywood Hills...
I could e-mail Claire, but what if she checked her e-mail hours later from now? So calling would be the best, because if Jake WAS headed up to her mini-mansion, and if I was going there, too, I might not be in time. Jake would beat me there first.
I grabbed my cell phone off my bedside counter (not such a good place to put a cell phone during daylight hours, I'm an idiot) and went to my contacts list, selecting Claire to phone call. She picked up quite faster than I expected.
"Hey, Claire, we need to talk..."
"Oh, hey, Emma! What's up?"
"Well, like I told you in the morning, Jake was coming over.. 'cause, we sort of had a 'thing'.."
"Did he stand you up? Tell me, you can trust me!"
"I didn't ask if I could trust you, you're my best friend. Of course I trust you.. but anyways, Jake... he... he was using me to.. arg, it's something I think you'll laugh at but realize it's actually true."
[Claire doesn't know about Emma's mind-reading episodes, only Emma's mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, etc. know about it because they all each share the same "gift".]
"Emma, tell me."
"He.. um... was using me to get to... I'm going to practically beat him up for this... he wanted to use me to get to you. If he comes over, don't allow any contact with him... you're mom's not home, is she?"
"Actually, she just opened the door to someone."
"SHOOT, IT'S NOT JAKE, IS IT?!!"
"Umm... can I check?"
"Don't let him see you, if it's him!"
The conversation soon ended after Claire confirmed it was just her uncle Bob.
"Well, mom says I have to go greet Bob." Claire concluded. From there we said good-bye to each other and hung up.
~~~
The next day was a school day. I felt worse than before, like I was just... something worthless to Jacob. Claire said she saw Jake's friends, but other than that no Jacob. I personally did not see him either, and for all our classes together he was absent. Same with Claire's periods; she had him in two of her classes.
Miranda, one of my popular friends, brought up Jake to the popular clique (she was in it) and reported back.
It was positive Jake didn't come to school at all.
~~~
I got home and vomited in the toilet. My mother found out because I had a sore throat and refused to eat any food, and she asked me why. I guessed that I was nervous, but Mom wanted to check any other possible ways I could be vomiting; Yes, I threw up in the toilet again. I actually threw up in the guest bathroom while my mother was making some more salad (thinking I might want to actually eat something later) and she was so distracted by the noise, she got a small cut from the lid of the ranch dressing bottle.
When she rushed in the bathroom and I was flushing the toilet, she was clutching a small, white device.
Oh god, that wasn't a pregnancy test, was it?
"Mom, I'm still a virgin! What the freak are you doing?!"
"Just in case, sweetie.. stuff like this has happened before, but it's rare and barely recorded..."
"Oh, mom, why now?? That's so gross of you!"
"It's so realistic and reasonable of me. Now, take the test, honey... it doesn't mean you've done it with a boy."
I rolled my eyes and grunted, finally giving in to my mother's demand. I asked for privacy and took the test, while my mother was waiting outside the bathroom door.
"OH SH*T!!!"
I screamed.
It read positive.
-----------------------------------
Is Emma really pregnant? Find out in part 3!

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 8:38 PM
Default Part 3
-------
It was positive.
Positive.
I'd never wanted a kid, although I enjoyed "hanging out" with small children so much. I had to get an abortion..
"Mom, take me to the doctor... if I really am pregnant, I want to know how. I swear, Mom, I've never even THOUGHT of... you know what! I want an abortion, if this test is true."
My mom quickly drove me to the doctors and the doctor discovered that the test was false.
"Well, looks like you've hit good luck; the test was untrue. You are not pregnant, Emma. You are free to go now."
I sighed with relief.
"But why did I keep vomiting? And the test said I was pregnant?"
"Well, Emma Wilton, were you nervous? Have you drunk enough water lately, or WAY too much water? The water factor could put almost any pregnancy test off. So, Ms. Wilton, if you have any more problems, situations, or questions, you can count on me. Come back almost any time you like."
"Thanks," I said to the doctor, and my mother simply nodded and smiled at him.
As we drove back home, my mom told me some news.
"Emma, dear, not to worry. I've signed you up for a super-fun after-school activity!"
I grunted. "What is it?"
"Tips, hints, info, and tricks on forming an all-new, super-good rock band. I'm sure you'll LOVE it! I know you probably more than you know yourself, so I'm pretty sure this'll be a great activity for you to participate."
"When do I have it, and how long is it?"
"Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday, it starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 6:00 pm. On Friday, it's just one hour. Starts at 4:00."
"D*** it, Mom! I've got to go to the film festival, I work there, this Thursday! That's, like, tomorrow!!"
"Don't worry. The class is a whole lot more fun!"
"But all my friends are going to help out at the film festival..."
"EMMA, that's enough! I'm so tired of your complaining! I might as well kick you out of the house, if I know what's good for you!"
I turned and looked out my side window. Mom didn't say a word, but I knew she realized she'd just let herself loose.
"Sorry."
"Bah." I muttered under my breath.
"Do you forgive me?"
"... I guess so." I didn't forgive her at all, she was so pissed off all the time. But I'd get in even more trouble if I truthfully said no to her.
"Okay, I forgive you, too."
"I didn't do anything wrong! I'm sick of this talk. Why don't we talk about something else?"
"How was school?"
"Boring. The same. Long. Idiotic. My geography teacher literally had no idea what he was talking about. He even admitted it in class, you can ask Claire, too, if you don't believe me."
"Geography teacher, Mr. Wallace?"
"Yep."
"Hmm... interesting." My Mom had a hint of sarcasm, but she actually wasn't being sarcastic. She never was like that.
"Are we close to home yet?" I looked out my window and frowned. I added on to my question. "Ag, no we're not. I have something to do... on my, uh, computer."
"Limit of ten minutes today. Emma, you use it too much."
"That's Claire, mom! Not me."
"Oops. You chat so much about her, though, it's getting me mixed up!"

We pulled into the driveway and I stormed out and inside. I hoped this wasn't my hormones.
"Honey, come eat some salad. It's good for you, minus the ranch on it."
I came down and had some of the salad. It tasted a little soggy, but that was fine. The croutons made up for it.
"Emma, I have more news."
"What now?? It better be good!"
"We're gonna move to Brallywood Hills."
"SWEET, Claire lives there! This is so awesome, yessss!" I got out of my chair, excited. "I'mma call Claire! Be back!"
I ran upstairs and called Claire. She was excited, too, but then a dramatic pause came on and she said, "Um, Emma? He's... Jacob's here."
I dropped my phone and ran out of the house. (But my mom asked for my salad, first, and I said she could have it. She ate it.)
------------------
What does Jacob want? Here's a sneak peek!
"Claire, come here. Why are you being so afraid? Listen, I've been thinking... you and me are REALLY awesome together..."

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:36 AM
Default Part 4
I sped up to Claire's house. Luckily no cops saw me; at this time, they usually went to lunch or for a coffee break because my father was a local regular cop before he walked out on us and got murdered years later. I focused on making it on time to Claire's house, and I didn't want to just bust in and make Jake think I was an even worse freak. So, I snuck around the house and through the back door. I could hear Jake's voice; he was in the living room, and Claire's mom made Claire go say hi.
I started eavesdropping by hiding around the corner of the hall leading to the living room. I heard Claire speak first.
"Uh... okay, why are you here?"
"Claire, I came to my senses. Something both of us should know about by now."
"Okaaay..."
"We totally belong together. You are my new girlfriend, if you want. I'm giving you a rare chance; all the girls want me, but only you can have me."
"I hate you. You're a huge jerk. Everyone knows you really were using Emma."
"No, that never... happened. We weren't dating. And I didn't plan on it, either. What are you talking about, anyways?" Apparently Jake was a very good actor, keeping his cool. Jake continued. "So, I know you need me. Want me. I want you, too. We belong together. Let me show you a great time, Claire."
"No! YOU BIG JERK, GET OUT OF HERE!"
I heard something fall and crash on the floor.
"CLAIRE!!!" Jake yelled.
I had to do something. I jumped out of place and said, "Claire, I'm here!" and I made sure Claire was okay. Then I stepped up to Jake and screamed, "Jacob!" I shoved him out the door and yelled, "Seem familiar, huh?"
Together, me, Claire, and her mom locked every door, every window, while Claire's dad secured the backyard and instantly started working on the side gate leading to the back of the house he never installed yet.
Soon I got back home and the home phone rang. I answered it.
"Hello, is this is Wilton Residence, 113 Wright Drive?"
"Yes... who's calling?"
"I'm a nurse, Nurse Powers, working currently at Masters Franklin General Hospital. Who is this on the line?"
"Um, Emma Wilton..."
"Yes, I see, you must be Mrs. Wilton's daughter, right?"
"Yes."
"We have your mother here, we need you or another member or representative of your immediate family to come to the hospital, we have more information here. It's an emergency, too. Mrs. Wilton's been hurt, so you need to come."
"Thanks!!" I shrieked in the phone and ran out the door. Ag. More speeding.
--------------
-What happened to Clarissa?

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 11:02 PM
Default Part 6
Eg. I clicked the submit button but it took me to an ad site, not to submit my story. So the chapter's lost. Completely. What happened was in great detail... Clarissa Wilton died, blahblahblah, Emma thought of the doctor as the most handsome guy she'd ever met and she describes how he looks like, blahhhhh. Then it skipped to graduation day for her. Emma was an orphan, currently living with her Aunt Hannah. On with the story, then.
---------------------------
At the ice cream parlor, I ordered a rainbow sherbet/sorbet double-scoop ice cream cone, while my aunt got a cup of strawberry frozen yogurt. We talked, and then her lips formed a straight, serious but tight line and she told me, "Emma, your mother left a will. You've already discovered your father left nothing to you, the household, or your mother, but... your mother loved you. She did leave things to you, as she wished."
I gasped. A will? I mean, I'll admit, sure I was excited, but.. I felt bad about feeling happy again. Happy could mean that I was glad my mother was gone. I only know one exact thing that mattered, currently: Jacob was in prison. That made me feel... better, I guess, but awkward. I can't believe that was his way of dealing with me... why can't they show HIM how it feels like, to be brutally murdered and stabbed?!
What I could recall from what the cops told me was plenty enough.
~~
XX.JAKE'S POV.XX
I hated Emma so much, I killed her mother. So? I'm not the bad person here! Well, I was selfish, but at least I'm forever done with that skank.
I had sneaked to the back of her house, climbed up to an open window on the 2nd story, feeling sure about this. I found Clarissa, Emma's mom, and finally, for good sake, got rid of that woman. I felt so empowered, that I could do the same to Emma; but no.
A neighbor must've heard Claris' screams or something (which I enjoyed hearing), because then I heard police sirens.. but from about five miles away. I snuck out and climbed up a slope, and I got away, luckily... until sadly, several days later the police captured me.
Now all I could wish for is a bail...

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:38 PM
Default Part 7
Luck comes to Emma; what is it? The drama, suspense, and the story itself is moving along quickly, don't you think so?
-------------------
X.EMMA.X
"Emma, what's forty-three times sixty-two?" My college professor tested me. I could read his mind.
"Two thousand, six hundred sixty six." I instantly replied. My professor, Dr. Ordelle, was surprised.
"Emma, you're very smart. You could become a scientist!"
"I can't."
"Sure you can, Emma! You're the most intelligent young adult I've ever heard of before. Better yet, I have actually MET you!"
"I just can't be a scientist, Dr. Ordelle. Sorry. It's much more easier to become a nurse for children, like I plan on."
"That's what you want, rather than explore the world of science and its studies? Anyway, let's get back to the question. You answered two thousand, six hundred, sixty-six. Can you please write that down on this slip of paper?"
"Yeah." I carefully but gracefully wrote down the numbers. 2,666. My professor smiled, took the note, and put it away in his classroom desk. "Now, Emma.. I need to ask you something. I am expecting you to proudly say yes, but here goes. The Committee of Gifted & Fantastic Minds & Learners, aka CGFML, or like you kids usually call it, the 'anti-socials group', they've just requested me to ask you... if you'd like to join? I actually told them about you in the first place. They want you to join, I received approving contact yesterday."
"It depends. No."
"Why not? All the other students could only dream of that successful opportunity. You'll become wealthy and living in happiness and luxury, Emma."
"Let me think about it."
There might be contests and all in which I cannot mind-read the answer, maybe because the asker will not know until they read a certain form of the answer. What if... I DO join but they do exactly that and they kick me out for being stupid? Professor Ordell will be disappointed in me forever... but I can't let him down. I compromised in my mind.
"Professor, I've made my decision."
"Emma, what is it?"
"I... um, I will take that offer. Yes."
"Oh, wonderful, Emma, that's fantastic! Let me sign you in right now!" He typed into his laptop and grinned at me.
"I'm proud of you, Emma. Congratulations, you've gotten yourself in! With your knowledge, you can do perhaps anything now."
I nodded, and suddenly felt very... acknowledged, cared for, and free.
Free.
Something I haven't felt in years.

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 2:23 AM
I am, unfortunately, discontinuing this series. It isn't much boring to me, but I feel like writing something else.. I have to focus on one thing at a time! (Well, not really.) Plus, nobody reads this at all. Not that it's too short or might not be the best, but....
If a moderator sees this message, can you please lock this thread? Thanks!
-Lava

ENTJ