Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2026 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:11 PM
As someone here like me, who has found the game very entertaining and completely hooked, I do agree, TS4 has been a extremely aggresive money-making scheme, but I have to buy them all to support my addiction, and if you don't buy the pack straight away, you get constantly reminded, on the client, TS4 boot up splash screen of what you don't have, and screenies flashed in your face of the supposedly fun your missing out on, not to mention even during gameplay with scattered greyed out icons.

Expensive addiction, yes, but for me with over 2,500 hours clocked, I can't say I haven't got my money's worth...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2027 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

If it wasn't for the millions of sims players that bought and paid for their games over the past 14 years, TS4 wouldn't exist. This is fact and I still refuse to buy and or play TS4.

I thought I was on the only one here who doesn't have The Sims 4!

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Inventor
#2028 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 12th Feb 2018 at 5:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan

I have the basegame but I don't play anymore.
Field Researcher
#2029 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:09 PM
I have the base game, a game pack, and a couple stuff packs. The game just didn't feel like a sims game and was pretty limited, so I uninstalled it. I should've listened to everyone who was saying "don't buy it". I didn't think EA could mess it up that badly. I was wrong.
Field Researcher
#2030 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Ok so the pack's trailer comes out tomorrow (Feb. 13), and judging by how previous game packs have been released exactly two weeks after (on the same weekday), then the pack's release date is February 27 (Tuesday).
Forum Resident
#2031 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:09 PM
Russian teaser

I like that the world actually looks like a jungle, but I'm worried we'll just get like three lots, so I'll wait for the full trailer tomorrow to form an actual opinion.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2032 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Wow the world looks small already!

Covering low resolution trees with fog does not act as to the illusion of depth. That’s just with these small shots, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2033 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:52 PM
I don’t think the teaser even showed the exploitable parts of the jungle. The first scene looked like a backdrop to be honest, I imagine the “jungle” will be a lot more compact.
Inventor
#2034 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:48 AM
The Planet Coaster Adventure Pack version looks much better
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2035 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:03 AM
Let it be known that Sims Freeplay just got a whole Island to use and Sims can play on the water.

Any time TS4.

Forum Resident
#2036 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:16 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Is there more than one skill including hidden skills?
Is the exploration space bigger than Outdoor Retreat?
Is there more lots than Outdoor Retreat?
Does the mysterious temple load as it’s own Neighborhood and randomly generate new puzzles?

If I get 4/4 at least that’s my questions answered :trollface:

If yes to all then I'll tell you eveeerrryyyyttthhhiiinnngggg...
tabulating answers
Yes for 3.5 of the 4 questions.
(more lots than Granite Falls? Overall or do you mean rentable lots?)

So close! Thanks for playing.
source

Quote:
Quote:
Also,
are there more than 2 dangerous bugs?
Is there least one new death type?
Can our Sims live in the jungle?
Will we be able to encounter skeletons?
Are there any new animals?
Can our Sims get locked/trapped in the tombs?
Can our Sims get lost/trapped in the jungle?
Are there new plant types?

(See what you've started? )

8 new questions.
Yes to 4.5 of them. (One is a technical yes, but I don't want to give it a full YES)
No to 3 of them.
source

Quote:
Quote:
Any new harvestables? (Tropical stuff like coconut or pineapple?)
Any new fishes?
Is there a death by bees?
Is the cantina a new lot type?
Are there any residential/rentable lots in the jungle?
Are the tombs part of the world (public space) or an actual lot?

5 new yes/no questions. (The last one is open ended so I'll avoid it.)

ooh. This one is a little tougher. Okay, let's try...
A solid Yes to 2 questions.
I can't firmly answer No to the other 3, but maybe they aren't directly Yes.

*sweating* You're testing me here.
source
dodgy builder
#2037 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan

I often have the impression most people in this forum doesn't play the game.

That teaser only show a tiny fraction of the sims FOV, so I'm not judging just yet. I did see among others Deligracy talking about it being an exploration type pack with objectives, kind of like World Adventure for ts3. I think I explored the tombs once or something. I like the icon though, it looks like a Maya kind of civ, and that would have been much more fun. Egypt has been so used and misused by EA for ages, it's time for a change.
Mad Poster
#2038 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Russian teaser

I like that the world actually looks like a jungle, but I'm worried we'll just get like three lots, so I'll wait for the full trailer tomorrow to form an actual opinion.

I really do wonder, how many got fooled by thinking that she (sim in the video) is "searching" for something important when it's equivalent to animation watching paint dry on a wall, when that jungle is nothing more than a backdrop (in CL retrospective).
Test Subject
#2039 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
@hiabara Why can't they just answer the questions normally? Why does that reminds me of the patch notes?
Forum Resident
#2040 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:07 PM
Official trailer is out

Personally it reminds me way too much of TS3 World Adventures - The fire traps, the arrow traps, the hidden levers, the awakened monster (which used to be a mummy and is now a pastel skeleton for some reason), the stepping stones to open doors, the shower in a can, the excavation sites etc
As I said before, I was one of the people who enjoyed WA, but I don't know why we need a copy of that tbh.

I'm confused why the white skeleton is listed under "Travel in style" - Is it just an outfit?
Besides that it looks like you can bring the pastel skeleton home and use it a modern Bonehilda which I really like.
Field Researcher
#2041 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:08 PM
https://youtu.be/gZTgUlEZqgk

Trailer is here, and like I had guessed, the release date is February 27. And, gotta say, this looks fun (and hopefully it is, even if just for a while), so I'm looking forward to this pack.
Forum Resident
#2042 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote:
There's a couple of ways to generate skeletons; including those that service, those you target, or even yourself.
The Cantina is a Bar venue that has special behavior in Selvadorada. But it's a venue, so you can freely modify or change it as you like.
source

So apparently you can turn your Sim into a skeleton. Now I'm wondering if it just looks like one or has some special interactions and needs as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2043 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:40 PM
I'm feeling like all of the tomb stuff is locked into the lot, so we can't build any like we can't build any apartments.

Lab Assistant
#2044 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:06 PM
If they've practically brought back Bonehilda, my life is complete.
Forum Resident
#2045 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:34 PM
I love World Adventures, even despite its flaws, so I'm all in on this.

Interesting info here: http://simscommunity.info/2018/02/1...ure-simguru-qa/
- Apparently the temple randomly combines different room layouts and then randomises the loot and traps within. It resets between vacations.
- New food, harvestables and fish
- Multiple new radio stations
- Pets can travel with you
- Multiple Sims can explore together

Also, looks like skeletons might be a new occult type, not just a costume:

Just put it in a maid outfit and tadaaa you have Bonehilda
Scholar
#2046 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:40 PM
I like that they made it so you can explore with more than one sim, together. It's one of my pet peeves with OR. If we truly can go exploring in groups of sims, then I'm in.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2047 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm feeling like all of the tomb stuff is locked into the lot, so we can't build any like we can't build any apartments.

And the game pack would be even more horrible throwing in If these confined to the certain number of lot tombs didn't regenerate. I then wouldn't see anybody liking that pack, and If there were I would put bets they would probably never return to those adventures after completing all the adventures it has to offer or to the point they eventually (very soon) get bored, though would pretend otherwise they enjoyed it (darn fanboys/fangirls). I wonder what other packs after that one will they miserably fail at nickel-and-dime every penny from the invented fanbase. Showtime-ish/Superstar? Yes if they keep recycling that crappy rusty retail system. Supernatural? Maybe not. [Insert any other theme comebacks from the franchise, as by the looks of thing EA has no interest in risking to fail a new fresh concepts in TS4]
Scholar
#2048 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:49 PM
It doesn't seem like we're getting an archeology career. I'm really bummed out about that. Why can't we get more careers? It's not like it requires alot of new coding.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2049 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM
Mad Poster
#2050 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I love World Adventures, even despite its flaws, so I'm all in on this.

Interesting info here: http://simscommunity.info/2018/02/1...ure-simguru-qa/
- Apparently the temple randomly combines different room layouts and then randomises the loot and traps within. It resets between vacations.
- New food, harvestables and fish
- Multiple new radio stations
- Pets can travel with you
- Multiple Sims can explore together

Also, looks like skeletons might be a new occult type, not just a costume:

Just put it in a maid outfit and tadaaa you have Bonehilda

Now that (bolded part) sounds promising. Hope guys that bugs won't ruin to much of your enjoyment.
Page 82 of 185