Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:09 PM
Thank you very much, i asume you've made many careers? I'm a newbie I just started making careers and i HATE doing chance cards they take a long time to do and i can't think of anything to put in them!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 10:12 PM
I've made a few in my own game, but they're really not great so I don't upload. :P

Chance cards are quite possibly the most fun part! I find the job level titles and descriptions harder.
Test Subject
#353 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 4:58 AM
where can i download SimPE is it free?
Test Subject
#354 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:19 AM
http://sims.ambertation.de/

Yes, it's free.
Test Subject
#355 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 10:42 AM
lol the chance cards are really easy to do if you have a nack 4 writing
Test Subject
#356 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:44 AM
this guide is cool, in 13 minutes I made a career. The chance cards are kind of tired, but I put some imagination, thanks to all.
Test Subject
#357 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:12 PM
This is a FANTASTIC tutorial. Thank-you so much for helping all of us out. I haven't tried it yet because I'm doing schoolwork at the moment, but I'm definetly going to try it soon. I can't wait to get started. It seems very time-consuming but I can do anything as long as I have my ipod XD lol. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#358 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:25 PM
I'm working on a career now and it's so much fun! I can't wait to finish it and get it into my game.
Test Subject
#359 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 1:32 AM
okay, I'd rather my career not overwrite any of the existing ones, but your link to that particular tutorial doesn't work. it might just be my computer, but I thought you should know, just in case.
Test Subject
#360 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_torturer_007
okay, I'd rather my career not overwrite any of the existing ones, but your link to that particular tutorial doesn't work. it might just be my computer, but I thought you should know, just in case.

Under Resource Tree, go to "Object Data." Then click the only item in the Resource List. There should be on the left hand side something about GUIDs. Check "update all MMATs" and click "get GUID." Register for yourself and then give it a name, then click "Register Objects." Finally, click the "Update" button next to the text "MMATs and commit."

There you have it! No more overwrite. =)
Test Subject
#361 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:32 PM
what do you mean by Title Career Writer on number 2?
Test Subject
#362 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 8:16 PM
That's just an example Title and Description.
Test Subject
#363 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:01 PM
Thank you for the tutorial! But um... how do i set a cahnce reward of "job level plus"? I saw BCON in SimPE but idk what to input
Test Subject
#364 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:35 PM
what do you mean by each description needs a title and a short description?
how can a description need a description? do you mean every description needs a title?
Test Subject
#365 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 6:08 PM
Hi!

I have a question, because I was filling in the chance cards and I'm short spaces for my level 10 career. How is this possible?
Test Subject
#366 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 5:07 PM
Jodi, this is a mistake in the attached package file. Just add one yourself.
Top Secret Researcher
#367 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 8:46 PM
How do I indicate which day (monday - Sunday) my sim has to work?
btw: What's the correct link to the next tutorial?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#368 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 4:02 AM
Default tricky
umm when i click text lists in the recource tree nothing comes uo and i have no type box how do i make the type box appar

Madi xxx
Lab Assistant
#369 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twihad4eva
umm when i click text lists in the recource tree nothing comes uo and i have no type box how do i make the type box appar

I had this problem earlier, too. I just downloaded SimPE again and I had no problems after that.

Anyway, I just want to thank thee creator of this thread. I had the idea late last night to create a career based on the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera, and I just finished it. All 10 chance cards, descriptions, job names, etc. I had a lot of fun...I love that movie. I created a new Simmie just to test it out named Jason and she's already on level 2. I haven't had any problems with promotions or whatnot, so IDK if the problems were resolved from two years ago or so.

The only thing my career doesn't have are custom uniforms, because I can find literally no clothes that even remotely resemble what they wear in this movie (some of Paris Hilton's outfits excepted), so my Simmie just has to wear her normal clothes. Anyhow, thank you so much!

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Test Subject
#370 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM
Hey Emma,
I've been following your tutorial on custom careers and just have a quick question. I manged to reach the end of the tutorial, my first test (where I checked the chance cards and description were sucessful.) My sims can obtain the job, and go to it, but anytime they are promoted or try to take the job I get an error message;

An error occured in object "N004_User 00352 - Testing" #157
You sent me a crappy GUID. Please fix it. The stack trace is saved in "C:/ Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Logs/ object error - N004_t3671.txt."

I'm gussing this might have to do with the GUID number, but I believe that I followed Superfly's tutorial on that well. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. I see that you wrote this tutorial years ago and may no longer be interested in answeing questions.

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#371 Old 6th May 2010 at 2:44 AM
I've been wanting to make custom teen careers but I can't find a template and I don't know how to make one from scratch. Can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#372 Old 10th May 2010 at 7:05 PM
It might be helpfull for people who want the sims to lose their job if they do something wrong to put it in there because i dont know how to (just started to do this one so if i missed something in there that will come later say so)
Test Subject
#373 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:21 AM
Default Thanks for your help!
I'm just getting brave enough to attempt some customizing and have been thinking about a new career as my first challenge.

Just like the career I'm building, I'm better at working with people than computers, so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as I go along.

Just a few KUDOS....

1st--awesome job on the tutorial...actually pretty easy for the computer illiterate.

2nd--I want to back up the statement that details and complete chance cards are really important to a career. It only took me a day to write all mine, but after working in the career in real life for 8 years, I had a lot of actual experience to pull from. I hope it makes it more fun and interesting for those who download the career.

3rd--Thanks to everyone who, just like me, feel really ditzy when it comes to customizing and taking the time to ask questions. All of them were helpful and I was able to overcome some of my problems just by reviewing the thread...errrr...at least most of it

EVERYONE--Have fun with your careers!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#374 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:10 AM
hiya guys - back from a looooong sims 2 break, can anyone using this tutorial with eps later than pets let me know if its all still as intended - i'm planning to redo the screenies with the new SimPE ones to make it a little easier to follow.
I've found a few things which seem a bit glitchy - will look into them, few things i always intended to fix but never got around to >.< watch this space.

sorry not about much anymore
Theorist
#375 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:07 PM
Very, very thanks for the tutorial, Emma Barrett!! I was searching all over for this tutorial (not just MTS, the whole web)! Now I can finally make my dream carrer; "Sim Modder" (still making... I'll upload it (maybe ))...
Oh, I can't wait to start SimPE and make my carrer! Thanks again!
Page 15 of 17