Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3701 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.

That, because 32767 is the largest number inside a signed 16-bit integer, theres some limitations in TS2 regarding it. After Nightlife, the character file limit is 32767, you can't set object prices above 32767 within SimPE (which is what triggered my searching about it), chance card bonuses can't go above $32767, and there's a glitch that results in Sims getting a bill of $32767.

Interesting! I bet that is why chance cards from level 7 and and up are multiplied by 1000, to make it possible to go over 50,000 (which as pointed out above lots of them do).

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3702 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
Bella Goth is called Ericka Straight in my Pleasantview

After looking it up, it's actually completely normal because I'm using the subhood version of Pleasantview, so lots of names get changed by the game. But it still confused the hell out of me when I first saw it!

Oh, that's what causes that? I was wondering why Crystal Vu in my subhood Strangetown was called something else!
Mad Poster
#3703 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:28 PM

I feel distressed.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3704 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:45 PM
I feel nostalgic.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#3705 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:19 PM
So, if your sim falls asleep in food, they won't starve to death, cause I just watched this happen and his hunger bar went up. It seems that grumbling noise they do is them taking bites of the food in their sleep.
Mad Poster
#3706 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:58 AM
Be careful if they are pregnant. Their hunger level falls faster in that case than those "little sleepy bites" can raise it You should never let a pregnant sim fall asleep in their food. Give them some standing up food to eat and then send them to bed to get some proper rest!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#3707 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 2:14 AM
Instant meals and pizza are literal lifesavers for pregnant sims.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#3708 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:49 AM
Instant meals and pizza are literal lifesavers for pregnant sims.

Same with leftovers. They are quick and easy to grab and eat.

In my last game, I had a grocery store that sold fresh fish. Husbands would come in to buy the fish for their wives. As long as their cooking skill was high enough, the fish sparkled and gave them tons of filling nutrition!

I'm not getting any sparklies in my current game. Not sure if it's because the fish is grilled (no standard ovens in this game) or if there's something else going on. My pregnant Sims now have to eat more often. But there is a plus side. Sometimes they get lucky and find a banana or papaya laying on the ground. In this game, fallen tree fruit makes for a wonderful snack for my mamas-to-be.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3709 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:56 AM
The reason why I said instant meals and pizza specifically is because Sims can't fall asleep while eating it.

Lab Assistant
#3710 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:00 AM
Sims can give birth in apartment buildings even if they haven't officially moved into an apartment yet. Cami just had twins by the side of the road. Then she rolled the wish to invite her mom over, which was very relatable because I'd also want my mommy if I were to have unauthorized twins, while technically homeless, in front of my fiance who ignored the birth so he could play with his handheld.
Mad Poster
#3711 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:13 AM
There are reasons why I don't allow my sims to have handhelds
Mad Poster
#3712 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:23 AM
The reason why I said instant meals and pizza specifically is because Sims can't fall asleep while eating it.

Or a glass of juice. No sims fall asleep while drinking juice. Why everyone seems to be forgetting about juicers? Feels like I am the only addicted one. lol

Mad Poster
#3713 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:25 AM
I have pregnant sim lifesaver, the only cure what cures morning sickness. It is food from PC-sims. It is salad and don't require a stove, only fridge and counter to make and one cooking skill point. Available from lunch to dinner. It cures every sickness and is essential for players who don't want sims to die.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j42f5...odSimSanity.zip
Mad Poster
#3714 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:28 AM
Essential?..I must be doing something awesome, I have no cc food and my pregnant sims are top shape.

Mad Poster
#3715 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:41 AM
Glad for you. I do not like sick sims and I do not like them suffer at first third of pregancy. And toilets stay clean.
Not for everyone's taste, I know.
Lab Assistant
#3716 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
There are reasons why I don't allow my sims to have handhelds

I banned electronic gadgets for years myself. I recently started allowing them when I'm looking for an easy wish to fulfill, so they can get their lifetime wish before they get their secondary aspiration. Now I alternate between laughing and getting annoyed at their obsession with the handheld and the mp3 player, specifically. The other day I had a sim get fired over his mp3 player, those things ruin lives. But I don't know if it's fair to ban them again when they love them so much.
Lab Assistant
#3717 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fouksia
The other day I had a sim get fired over his mp3 player, those things ruin lives.

Oh, how did that happen?
Mad Poster
#3718 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:24 AM
Probably from msising the carpool. This is why I usually use Macrotastic's Procastinate while they're waiting.

Mad Poster
#3719 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:45 AM
I guess that is a reason for a handheld - still banned in my game. There are certain things that I seldom use, or not at all - not really because I have anything against any; more because it interferes with my style of playing; or there just have not been time yet. Handhelds, for me, interfere too much, since my game revolves around interaction and visiting community lots - so they don't get them. And the first Sim to have a cell phone in one of my first hoods was also the last one

Missing the carpool is not a problem in my game - I ruthlessly wake them up early enough to get ready; although a nap after work may be allowed; or they are stopped from whatever else they are doing in time.
Mad Poster
#3720 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:53 AM
I don't mind cell phones so much. It's actually useful if all the Sims in a family have them because you can see who the call's for ahead of time (their butts ring) and they don't have to run for a phone.

Mad Poster
#3721 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:40 AM
MP3 players are made just for those teens in game-it distracts them from giving noogies to everyone they dislike-that's one action I dislike because it's so common in the game. I don't know why the developers thought it was, because if I or anyone I knew had done it, there'd been a lot of "don't you dare do that again!" followed by a quick stint of 'grounded for life'.
As for the 'starving pregnant pixel'-there's a reason why I have a hack that reduces pregnancy in the game to 18 hours. I can't stand to see them suffer from the condition. Real life isn't any better for human women-it'd be great if we had one in real life, too.

"Turn around and have that baby right now!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3722 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 12:24 PM
My pregnant pixels just eat more. Two to three helpings at every meal, and leftovers as soon as they get hungry again. I really don't regard them as starving, nor see it as a problem.
Lab Assistant
#3723 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:06 PM
For some strange reason Yves Jacquet, deceased father of Gilbert Jacquet had his name changed to Xavier in the UK version.
Mad Poster
#3724 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Or a glass of juice. No sims fall asleep while drinking juice. Why everyone seems to be forgetting about juicers? Feels like I am the only addicted one. lol

Almost all of my Sims have juicers, though I mainly use pepper punch. Sometimes lemonade to cool down, and orange juice to cure a cold. Some of the others I find too cheatish, and some I forget the effects of. Had a look at list now you mentioned it, should start giving strawberry lemonade to some Sims

Handhelds and MP3s used to drive me insane too, so I made them not be autonomous. Easier than trying to add sense to the autonomy.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#3725 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
For some strange reason Yves Jacquet, deceased father of Gilbert Jacquet had his name changed to Xavier in the UK version.

And Jon Smith Tricou is Jonathan Tricou in that version (I have it, and checked his grave). I wonder why EA changed some names between english versions?
Page 149 of 445