Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#3751 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
ACR's adjuster might say a sim is pregnant and expecting 1 baby, but twins might still happen.

You got lucky, at least it was only one more. When Vidcund Curious got pregnant by aliens, the pregnancy scanner also said he was having only one baby. He had QUADRUPLETS.
Advertisement
Theorist
#3752 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:58 AM
@SIMelissa and @velvetina: I assume both of you are using the random version of the Triplets and Quads mod, aren't you?
Mad Poster
#3753 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:37 PM
As much as I liked the surprises...I switched to the not-so-random version. ahah!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3754 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:39 PM
While setting up a new hood, I discovered that everything in the "Flora" category of hood deco (trees, etc.) was apparently set to read only. The hand wouldn't pick anything up. The eyedropper wouldn't highlight or select any trees, and I couldn't place anything from the "Flora" category in the hood deco catalog (the other categories of hood deco were not affected by this problem and worked just fine). After a couple of hours fussing with my Downloads folder, I finally discovered that this problem was actually caused by the following line in my userstartup.cheat file.

boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false

With this cheat enabled, I can't touch the hood deco trees. With it disabled, everything works normally. Has anybody else observed this problem or is my game just unusually weird?
Mad Poster
#3755 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 5:13 PM
Generally, ACR (especially if you're using the random version of "Trips/Quads") will not correctly tell you how many there are. Fair warning is just assume if it's one, it might be 2 and if it's two, prepare for more than 2.
Quote:
ACR's adjuster might say a sim is pregnant and expecting 1 baby, but twins might still happen.

Quote:
You got lucky, at least it was only one more. When Vidcund Curious got pregnant by aliens, the pregnancy scanner also said he was having only one baby. He had QUADRUPLETS.

Sometimes you get lucky and it was accurate. That's why I use that "NPC Teleporter" thing from the booty-it's almost always accurate...the 'pregnancy scanner' option is one of the only reasons I have it in the game. That and that you can give pixels their cell phones. Useful.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#3756 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
As much as I liked the surprises...I switched to the not-so-random version. ahah!

I've always had that one because of the maternity leave feature. I like randomness too but not that degree of randomness.
Field Researcher
#3757 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:01 PM
@RoxEllen1965 Hmm, that is very strange. I have the same cheat in my userstartup and have never had that issue!
Mad Poster
#3758 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:41 PM
It's annoying, but at least now I know what causes it and how to fix it if I need to work with trees.

I'm still left with the mysteries of why adding floors and ceilings to my houses disables the camera rotation keys (< and > ; I can still use the mouse to do this) and why the Sim Blender's neighborhood gender preference randomizer refuses to work properly (it worked just fine on my old computer). ACR has a similar feature that works properly, so I can use that instead.
Mad Poster
#3759 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:51 PM
That's a BUNCH of glitches, sweetie. You think maybe there's some mod conflict(s) going on? I've had some that happened to things I rarely used or stuff I didn't often do in the game, so I didn't really notice when they started.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#3760 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@SIMelissa and @velvetina: I assume both of you are using the random version of the Triplets and Quads mod, aren't you?

Yes, I just installed the Triplets & Quads random-version last week, and I set the odds very low, since I don't want my hood filled with triplets & quads. I'm ok (I think) with not knowing the exact amount of babies to expect. If it starts to bother me, I'll need to make some changes.

BTW, was it my imagination or does a twin pregnancy cause Mom to look extra large in the tummy? I remember with this particular Sim, thinking that she looked large and that is what prompted me to look at the number of babies.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Generally, ACR (especially if you're using the random version of "Trips/Quads") will not correctly tell you how many there are. Fair warning is just assume if it's one, it might be 2 and if it's two, prepare for more than 2.
Sometimes you get lucky and it was accurate. That's why I use that "NPC Teleporter" thing from the booty-it's almost always accurate...the 'pregnancy scanner' option is one of the only reasons I have it in the game. That and that you can give pixels their cell phones. Useful.

I used to use Simlogical's Cat teleporter -- which I still might need later when I make townies. Then I discovered that SimBlender also has a teleporter option. I've never tried the NPC teleporter, but I'm going to do a search for it. There have been many times when I wished my Sims had cellphones and there was no place nearby to buy one.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3761 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That's a BUNCH of glitches, sweetie. You think maybe there's some mod conflict(s) going on? I've had some that happened to things I rarely used or stuff I didn't often do in the game, so I didn't really notice when they started.

The first thing I do when I come across weird bugs like that is check for conflicts in the Downloads folder, but that didn't do any good with any of these problems. I've pulled my whole Sims 2 tree out of My Documents and let the game generate fresh new hoods for me that don't even HAVE a Downloads folder and I STILL get those problems with the Blender and the ceiling tiles.

The ceiling tile problem is intermittent, but if add enough ceilings to enough older lots that bug WILL show up. If I exit and reload the game, it goes away.

I don't often need to randomize the gender preferences - usually only when setting up a new hood. (I don't want my townies, dormies, NPCs etc. to have null gender preference). If I really need to, I can just pop ACR in my game and use that. It doesn't fit my current play style, so I have to remember to take it out again when I'm done.

Fortunately these are just annoyances and not game killing bugs. My copy of the game just seems to be a bit eccentric.
Lab Assistant
#3762 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
There have been many times when I wished my Sims had cellphones and there was no place nearby to buy one.

You don't need a mod for this - boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click on the sim, & "Cellphone - give cellphone" will do the job nicely
Mad Poster
#3763 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:50 PM
If you don't want to cheat a free one, Monique's computer allows you to buy one, and I believe both InSim and the Manipulator have options that let you buy it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
#3764 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:52 PM
Hey I wasn't playing Sims when I found this, but there's a town called Pleasant View City in Utah
Alchemist
#3765 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:35 PM
insimenator has an option to "add" the electronic devices.
Sim Manipulator has the option to buy them.
Mad Poster
#3766 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:39 PM
Thanks - I was mistaken there.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3767 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:01 AM
[QUOTE=RoxEllen1965]The first thing I do when I come across weird bugs like that is check for conflicts in the Downloads folder, but that didn't do any good with any of these problems. I've pulled my whole Sims 2 tree out of My Documents and let the game generate fresh new hoods for me that don't even HAVE a Downloads folder and I STILL get those problems with the Blender and the ceiling tiles.

Well, that's a puzzler, isn't it? It's especially strange because you said you used to not have these problems. But, I'm quite glad they're just glitches and not conflicts. Just....strange, though, isn't it? ***shrug***

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3768 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:43 AM
"Bubble butt" seems to unfailingly happen when getting in (or out? not sure) of a pool when speed is set to 3.

Forum Resident
#3769 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:01 AM
Shelving in this game is so strange!
Today, I put up custom shelves (high, med, low). I was only able to place items on the lowest shelf. I had to move all the shelves to three different locations, fill them, and put them back in place.

I had a similar issue with Leefish's beautiful crates -- oh, how I love those crates! I once had a warehouse filled with crates, stacked three high, side by side, several layers deep, all filled with harvested fruits and veggies. But the crates fill from the top. So, I had to stack two high (if I stacked three, I could not put anything in the bottom), put a basket on top of the crate, another one inside that top crate and a basket in the bottom. Then I had to take the first basket off, set it aside, stack on the third crate, put the first basket back on top, then put the last basket in the top crate. Finally, I had to remove the first basket -- otherwise, it would be too high and it would show through the floor of the second level.

Yep, putting stuff on shelves is a LOT of work in this game!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3770 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:27 AM
If you press M while holding an object over a shelf, it'll move around between slots.

Lab Assistant
#3771 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:58 AM
The animations for sitting down at the table and coming up and pushing the chair in again are exactly the same, just reversed
Mad Poster
#3772 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 7:10 AM
Vases can catch fire (What the hell Maxis?). Being a Fortune Sim, Cleo Shikibu had wanted a vase. I bought a vase and put it outside because I couldn't figure out any where else to put it. When the Sim I made for her spouse set fire to burn up the leaves he had raked the vase caught fire, and so did the tree next to it. Dave called the fire department and they put out the vase and tree, but I totally was not expecting for the vase to catch fire.
Mad Poster
#3773 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 8:45 AM
I believe all discrete objects (anything you can move with move_objects, basically) in the game are flammable, while objects that are fixed, like walls, are not. I've seen puddles catch fire before.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3774 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The first thing I do when I come across weird bugs like that is check for conflicts in the Downloads folder, but that didn't do any good with any of these problems. I've pulled my whole Sims 2 tree out of My Documents and let the game generate fresh new hoods for me that don't even HAVE a Downloads folder and I STILL get those problems with the Blender and the ceiling tiles.

Well, that's a puzzler, isn't it? It's especially strange because you said you used to not have these problems. But, I'm quite glad they're just glitches and not conflicts. Just....strange, though, isn't it? ***shrug***

Picture if you will ...

A world where innocent people going about their business overheat and catch on fire just because they used an ivy trellis in their landscaping...

A world where owning a particular blouse can bring your world crashing down around you when you apply for a job...

A world where planting pine trees near your shop will prevent your customers from ever buying anything...

This world is just a step away if you take a stroll through ... SIM TWILIGHT ZONE!

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587469

(Yes, this game has some strange quirks. )
Mad Poster
#3775 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 1:34 PM
Hmmf. I think I read this thread when it was first generated. I guess it's like Justpetro's twin thing.

Page 151 of 445