Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:33 AM Last edited by sciguy77 : 11th Dec 2013 at 3:47 PM. Reason: solved
Default Mesh mismatch SOLVED
This new body mesh was made by copying an original EA bottom nude, separating it into quadrants, and throwing away the right half as well as the legs. The polys were subdivided until I had something I could make decent curves with and all changes were made by scaling. Once I got the shape looking like I wanted, the front and back quarters were mirrored left to right. The legs were copied from the same reference mesh as the new front and back and Wes's Vertex Data Merge used on all seams. I opened the mesh in Lith and flipped the UV sections until everything was in place. After opening it up again in MilkShape, I used the built-in Texture Coordinate Editor to select the seam verts and scale them to zero to eliminate all the little gaps. The same reference mesh that was used for the entire project was then used to align the waist and ankle verts and normals. I exported each mesh in its own WSO file, and opened the nude bottom mesh in TSRW. When I import the mesh I used for a reference, the 3d view looks fine. When I import the new mesh though, the entire mesh is off except where I copied the waist and ankle data onto it. What happened, and how do I go about fixing it? I knew this project was going too smoothly. The original mesh has 836/483 faces/verts, the new one 1186/640 (a 90% reduction from any previous attempts), and this one is my own -- not a conversion of someone else's. The pic shows how the mesh looks in both TSRW and MilkShape.

Edit: I really need to stop trying to finish projects at 4 AM. All that meticulous work, but I forgot to assign the bones. Oddly enough, bones are the very thing I've been trying to get a handle on for the past couple of days. I think this is the best looking mesh I've ever made.
Screenshots