Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:22 PM
Default Change the cars in your world?
I'm sure I found it before and I've spent an hour of fruitless looking...

Is there a way to change the type of cars your sims/townies use? Is it possible to maybe make them all bike or something?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 5:17 PM
I think it's in one of the "Editing Pre-made worlds" thread where the info was shared?

It is the 0x296A6258 resource. My notes has this explanation for it: World - Type: city, vacation etc for scooter, bike usage.
So, theoretically, you can use China's resource where they mostly use bikes. But I think that would also make it a vacation world. So, perhaps someone who has experimented would be able to tell you more. Or experiment and let us know what you found! Or re-read those threads, you never know if something just clicked just because now, you're on the lookout for it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 2:09 AM
Well remembered Ella, it was this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374

You need to change the locale in the UNKN 0x296A6258 resource, but that also makes the world 'French', 'Chinese' or 'Egyptian' (so giving you the vacation music in world view, vacation locale clothing and hair, vacation locale names and trait, etc.) It isn't possible to only change one aspect such as the transport mode alone.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:56 AM
I don't think that was it. Someone wanted to change the cars that townies were given from the default one to the lemon I believe. I sort of want to do the same. I guess, worst come to worst I could just put the car I want to see most of on the road in their homes.

I'm using the France map but I don't want it to be a vacation type of world lol. Thanks though, cause that will come in handy! :D

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 1:06 AM
Ah, a default replacement perhaps, or maybe changing the code for which car is used? Perhaps you could ask in the WCIF forum, maybe someone remembers it!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 12:54 AM Last edited by mosbyte : 9th Oct 2011 at 12:03 PM.
I've often thought about this and I'm pretty much convinced EA uses a support file in the installation folders and not the active world file. I remember the early days of TS3 where black buses were all over town, they were soon gone after the updates and expansions. Now we have taxi cabs, even if the world isn't flagged as a city, and I'm kinda tired of 'em. I sure wish we had a choice.