Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default what is tf and af?
its weird never heard of it
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:32 AM
Teen Female and Adult female.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:51 AM
What Jo said. And CF is Child Female, TM is Teen Male, AM is Adult Male, EF is Elder Female, Etc...

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:06 AM
Toddlers though are strange, you will see PU and I never figured out why! I change any file labelled PU to Tod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:15 AM
People use P for toddlers because that's what Maxis used for toddlers in their files. I still haven't figured out why Maxis chose P. T was obviously taken by teens, but why use P?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:19 AM
Pre-school?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:24 AM
I thought maybe it was relating to Pediatrics but Pre-School sounds nicer.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:45 AM
This is so immature, but I've begun to associate the "pu" prefix with the sound one makes when sniffing a toddler's diaper
But yes -- that is what the prefixes mean. And likewise, "am", "tm", "em", "cm" means "adult male", "teen male", "elder male", and "child male" respectively. Prefixes like "pu" and "cu" mean "toddler unisex" and "child unisex".

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:55 AM
There's also Bu, Bf and Bm for babies (in case you wonder why they didn't use Baby for toddlers)

As for PU/toddler I'm guessing Preschool is the one, since I couldn't find better words than Pacifier or Potty. Maybe Potty-trainable?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Toddlers though are strange, you will see PU and I never figured out why! I change any file labelled PU to Tod.

In Dutch, the toddler stage is actually divided into two stages - and one of them begins with a 'p' coincidentally! It saves me having to figure out whether Sims 2 toddlers are peuters or kleuters. :P

It might be a bit of an artifact from how skins (heads & clothing) were named in The Sims - but it also keeps the filename shorter so who knows.
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:01 PM
first character in a sim part's Property Set is generally age; second character, generally gender.
-Baby: b
-Toddler: p
-Child: c
-Teen: t
-Young Adult: y
-Adult: a
-Elder: e
-multiple ages: u

-Female: f
-Male: m
-both: u
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:58 PM
I always assumed they just chose 'p' because it wasn't 't' which was taken by teens.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Teen Female and Adult female.
oooohhh thanks ugh i dont get stuff sometimes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I always assumed they just chose 'p' because it wasn't 't' which was taken by teens.
lol xD yeah i dont half of things sometimes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
first character in a sim part's Property Set is generally age; second character, generally gender.
-Baby: b
-Toddler: p
-Child: c
-Teen: t
-Young Adult: y
-Adult: a
-Elder: e
-multiple ages: u

-Female: f
-Male: m
-both: u
thanks so much
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's also Bu, Bf and Bm for babies (in case you wonder why they didn't use Baby for toddlers)

As for PU/toddler I'm guessing Preschool is the one, since I couldn't find better words than Pacifier or Potty. Maybe Potty-trainable?
ohhh lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
This is so immature, but I've begun to associate the "pu" prefix with the sound one makes when sniffing a toddler's diaper
But yes -- that is what the prefixes mean. And likewise, "am", "tm", "em", "cm" means "adult male", "teen male", "elder male", and "child male" respectively. Prefixes like "pu" and "cu" mean "toddler unisex" and "child unisex".
oh my god thats so freaking funny xD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:56 AM
@Butchwoman can you please not to double, triple and more post? it's against site rules. ~Thank you. If you have more to add after posting and the thread does not need a bump, use the edit button.

Bm for babies... I am now thinking bowl movements and poopy nappies.

~Call me Jo~