Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:52 PM
Default First attempt at converting hair from TS3 and the first fail(sim ends up being covered in red&white squares and question signs)
I would be grateful if someone tells me what might cause this. I did everything according to tutorial and I got this.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:38 PM
It's probably a problem with missing or incorrect textures. Please upload your package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's probably a problem with missing or incorrect textures. Please upload your package.

Here it is.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM
I can't download it, it says the item might not exist or is no longer available. Please try putting the package in a zip archive and uploading it here.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:19 AM
I can't download it, it says the item might not exist or is no longer available. Please try putting the package in a zip archive and uploading it here.

What about now?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Mar 2018 at 7:15 PM.
Still getting the same message. Could be a permissions problem.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
Still getting the same message. Could be a permissions problem.

I'm very sorry for all the trouble. I hope simfileshare is OK, too.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:20 PM
Got it!

As I suspected the diffuse texture (the main texture for the hair color) is missing. Since this is a conversion from TS3 presumably you made a converted texture from the TS3 texture, which you need to import into the package. Currently there's a link to a custom texture that's not in the package.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:50 PM
Got it!

As I suspected the diffuse texture (the main texture for the hair color) is missing. Since this is a conversion from TS3 presumably you made a converted texture from the TS3 texture, which you need to import into the package. Currently there's a link to a custom texture that's not in the package.

Thanks for your help. I'll write here when I fix everything. If I fix it... I just hope that it gets easier the next times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM
Got it!

This is what I get. I don't really see what I can fix here. I'm sorry. This is my first time.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 7:25 PM
Did you import the texture? There was no hair texture in the package you uploaded for me.

If the problem is the chunky appearance and skin color areas on the hair, you need to set the shader of the meshes to SimGlass to enable transparency. In CAS Tools you can do that in the Mesh Manager tab. I'm not sure where it is in S4S and I think the S4S previewer doesn't do transparency so you might still see the same preview.