Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:33 PM
Default WCIF Stair mods and alternative foundations?
I don't have any expansion packs except Pets and Ambitions, and I find that traveling between floors takes more time than it really should. Not to mention how RIDICULOUSLY HARD it is to get straight stairways to turn the way you want them to when placing them! (It's why I always use the spiral variant.) Are there any mods out there that fix either of these issues? (Speeds up travel between floors or alters the way stairs are placed) Staircases are such a pain but they save so much space by adding an extra floor. :/

Also, I cannot seem to find any alternative foundations? The game only has the red brick variant, and won't let me customize it. I'd like a white foundation because the red bricks sometimes clash with my house style.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th May 2016 at 7:55 PM
You should have two foundations, they've been there since the basegame: one with a brick pattern, which you can apply wall styles to, and a lattice (?) one that can't be recolored.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th May 2016 at 9:15 PM
For the stairs, have you tried rotating them?
Once you select the stairs you want to build, you can use the "<" and ">" keys to rotate them before you place them.
So, select the stairs you want to use, move the mouse to the approximate location you want to place them, rotate the stairs if necessary, then place them.

EDIT: Here's a guide with some useful keyboard shortcuts, including object placement and rotation: http://aniscreationssims.weebly.com...tcuts-list.html
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2016 at 11:09 PM
For the brick foundation you can put wall coverings over, it's the same as changing the color pretty much since you can get the same style wall in bricks and recolor it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2016 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jparks.gsp
For the stairs, have you tried rotating them?
Once you select the stairs you want to build, you can use the "<" and ">" keys to rotate them before you place them.
So, select the stairs you want to use, move the mouse to the approximate location you want to place them, rotate the stairs if necessary, then place them.

EDIT: Here's a guide with some useful keyboard shortcuts, including object placement and rotation: http://aniscreationssims.weebly.com...tcuts-list.html

I tried rotating it with the mouse and it usually just tries to make a basement staircase. I didn't know that about the arrow keys. Or...the < > keys. Whichever one. I'll definitely do that next time. In fact, I think I might kick that spiral staircase out for a wider one.

Quote:
You should have two foundations, they've been there since the basegame: one with a brick pattern, which you can apply wall styles to, and a lattice (?) one that can't be recolored.

The game calls it "deck" so I treat it like a porch lol. I just find it strange that there's no alternative foundation mods... There's practically everything else lol.

Quote:
For the brick foundation you can put wall coverings over, it's the same as changing the color pretty much since you can get the same style wall in bricks and recolor it

Haven't thought of that. Might give it a try next time.

Thanks for the tips!