Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
there's a checklist i slowly developed over the years that mostly relates to safety, and that applies both to shipped and created households:
- burglar alarm, right next to the door;
- replacing fire alarms with sprinklers - my sims are a do-it-yourself bunch who don't like relying on strangers;
- lightning rod in the farthest corner of the garden;
- a fence enclosing even a tiny 2x2 if they can't afford too much, right in front of the door, with a locked gate. i was traumatised the one time my sim wished for beauty from the Genie, she couldn't get more than 20 winks at a time that night because people kept ringing the bell, and i'm sure all the extra strays would have rung too if they could :p;

then come the perpetual annoyances: remove pinball machines because the sounds drive me up the walls; remove fireplaces; remove hedges (they cover too much, i prefer bushes or sunflowers); turn moveobjects on and bring the trash can into that fenced area (i swear, people i've never met come by kicking it for no reason).

finally the sims themselves: sell off nonsense they might have bought or dug up; shave and a haircut; establish if there's a desperate need for any particular clothing, usually gym.
and then i can do one of my favourite things: discovering their hobby. i know there's a list, even screenied it and saved next to "what do the fruit juices do", but that chime sound when they discover it is just priceless ^_^.

Lol

With the premades (Especially Goth and Caliente, they're my most used) 1st step is MAKEOVERS

The makeup is terrible, the outfits are dated or ugly, and the hairstyles have weird-ass textures.

So I usually make them over. Bella, Cassandra, Nina, and Dina usually get the same makeovers but the rest I do whatever I want with lol
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
Varies... sometimes I cheat

In some CAS-made households

PRAY that the sims I want in the welcome wagon show up (Usually I want my sims to know Summerdreams, Caliente, or Curious families)
Mad Poster
#53 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:47 PM
Kill them with fire. Make a massive graveyard.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#54 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:26 PM
base game's pre-made occupied lots; in past times playing went though the Prima Guide suggestions. though at times varied.
other occupied lots; would make married couples pregnant and would make single sims married then pregnant.
Alchemist
#55 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
and then i can do one of my favourite things: discovering their hobby. i know there's a list, even screenied it and saved next to "what do the fruit juices do", but that chime sound when they discover it is just priceless ^_^.

What do you do to let them discover it?
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:04 AM
I go into SimPE to discover what their hobby is and let them find it themselves with some artfully contrived circumstances. Going for a day at the pond to fish will do it for the nature lovers, or if you can't be bothered to move them to there, put a patch of flowers in the yard and make them sniff it.
Put an easel or piano in the house. Make them play chess..a few ways to make them go "Aha!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#57 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I go into SimPE to discover what their hobby is and let them find it themselves with some artfully contrived circumstances.

No need to mess with SimPE.

Batbox > Info... > One True Hobby...
If you don't like the hobby that sim ended up with, just click on a different one to change it.
Scholar
#58 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:41 AM
Go to the bathroom. If there's one toilet on the lot, it becomes a race! How fun!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Meet Me In My Next Life
#59 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th May 2018 at 1:26 AM.
The very first thing I do when I play a family is "Turn Aging Off." Then if it not one of my own homes that have everything in it, I check for Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm to be sure they are there, No Free Loaders Get A Job ,learn some Skills NO stupid Sims, certain objects they must have to build skills ( for that I use a cheat to buy it ) I check their sun sign and aspiration personalities type. I also always check to see how many Bath room is in the home ( I like 3 to 4 ) depend on size of the family if lot is big enough I will build more bathrooms.

Last if I don't like the furniture I might use a cheat to get a little better furniture, but most of the time I wait until they get a job.
Get them out of Maxis clothes when their pay check is better, a car is the last thing on the list that is way down the line.

Note: In My Custom hood I build the homes and already furniture it, also I created my own Sims or download a Sims I like.
So I just move them in ( Money Cheat ) and let them start from there with their Sims life.

Another thing I do personally, I kind of know what female and male Sims I want together ( If I have created them ) I usually move them in together and build a relationship from there.
With the male and female I let them have their own room after things heat up between them I may or may not let them share the same bed ( lol ) later engage or get married.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#60 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:53 AM
I'd completely forgotten that bat box! Far simpler!Thanks RoxEllen!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#61 Old 18th May 2018 at 2:16 AM
The very first thing I do is lock the front door of the house, same thing if there's a door attached to a garage, and if there's a gate to a fence I get rid of the gate. I do moveobjects to move the trash can to the back of the lot. If I play an apartment, first thing I do is use boolProp to rent the apartment furnished if I don't feel like buying all of the furniture.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 3 of 3