Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:12 AM
Posing trouble
I am following a tutorial from here on how to make poses for Sims3. Originally done in milkshape, I decided to use blender (easier to see some things for me). So now I am having rotating poses (video), poses underground (photo), and one not working at all. I am assuming the second problem is because the orientation is different in Blender. If so which axis is the ground?

*the video is at Box
Screenshots
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:51 AM
If you want to use Blender, try this tutorial: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=916.0

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:00 AM
Yup, that's the tutorial I'm using. It is linked from here. I guess I should have said that instead.
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hisui_hana
Yup, that's the tutorial I'm using. It is linked from here. I guess I should have said that instead.
If you have questions about my tutorial I'm more than happy to answer them in the tutorial thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:39 AM
Thank you OM. I don't have questions on the tutorial per se, but the results. Pose 1 starts in the floor and rotates on it own up to the right position (in video), Pose 2 is in the ground period. The sim doesn't move into pose 3 at all. It just all weird and I don't know what I've done to cause this. I am new to Blender and I used the .smd files that I had from Milkshape into Blender. (I needed to make some fine adjustments and it is a lot easier to do in Blender.) When I did that the pose showed up off to the left. I rotated it so that it was in it's upright position. Now I have the craziness happening.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:59 AM
Please post in the tutorial thread, as Orangemittens suggests

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:04 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. Thank you.