Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:05 AM
Cant find CC location of installed sim3pack lots
Hi,

In the past i did install some sim3pack lots without cleaning them first. I did uninstall those lots, but now I have my catalog with these objects and can't seem to find where they are located. They don't show in my launcher nor exist in my mods folder. I was looking online to find a solution but so far, nothing. Can someone help on this please? thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 4:35 PM
They're in the Library folder (Under Your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library)

The challenge there is all the file names are randomly generated, so you won't be able to determine what file has what pretty easily. However, I think you can delete these lots directly from the bin file while in "Edit Town"
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:45 PM Last edited by barbarat : 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
As simb0t explained they can be deleted from the bin and that will remove the file from the Library folder however if you have any of those lots placed in a world they will remain in the world until you bulldoze them.
A good practice for managing those library files going forward is as soon as you download and install a lot or just copy an existing Lot to the bin, go into the Library folder and rename the lot to something you will recognize; i.e. LargeFarmFromMTS.package or if it's a household: MitchellFamily.package. This can be done while you are in game. If you have other unnamed lots already in the Library folder sort by date and the one you just installed will be at the top.